Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 09:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV

The car looks good(design wise) from all the angles except the front. The front looks confused, way too cluttered. In fact the new front theme of all Honda cars looks way too cluttered/confused.

BTW IIRC this ain't making entry to India. If at all Honda is to import(CBU/CKD), it would make entry in CR-V category. I think some one did ask in Expo if Vezel is making to India, and answer was a NO for now.
Old 21st November 2013, 10:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Been never a great fan of sloping rooflines towards the rear. The rear seat will mostly not feel airy and bright. And this is such a busy design with lots of flashy lines that it almost looks fluidic from the side profile!
Old 21st November 2013, 10:19   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody know what are the dimensions? Is it NOT compact? I loved the rear, but NOT the front so much. Would like to see a boxier profile. And the fog lamp cluster (?), not to my taste; looks the same as Mobilio.

And didn't like the interiors much either. The front seats looks fabulous though. Looks like quite a lot of parts sharing with Jazz / Mobilio; so don't understand why could they have a decent pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Honda are you seriously not going to bring this to India? How can you not price it right when Ford can offer an Ecosport at 5.99L !! ...
Rather than launching variants for the sake of a starting price and then claim a 1 year delivery time or taking NO bookings for that variant, I prefer they don't launch those variants in the first place; like what Ford did.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 14:44   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I have a feeling that the Vezel will come to India. Not in 2014, but maybe in 2015. The opportunity is too big for Honda India (who's recently woken up) to miss.

Honda will have to wait till it has production capacity in India, and its engineering department shoehorns the 1.5L diesel into the Vezel's hood. Petrol SUV = no market interest.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 14:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looks good in all shades except white.
Interiors are refreshing

Will it make to India? I strongly feel it will as our's is the right market for this car and Honda would be keen to cover some ground with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Rather than launching variants for the sake of a starting price and then claim a 1 year delivery time or taking NO bookings for that variant, I prefer they don't launch those variants in the first place; like what Ford did.
Do you mean to say that Ford's 1.5L 112 BHP petrol engine is a piece of junk?

Last edited by HammerHead : 21st November 2013 at 15:00.
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 15:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic stuff by Honda , love the design , irrespective of the angles. The interior is so simple and yet so classy , a combination and a balance that they manage to nail each and every time.
Old 21st November 2013, 15:38   #22
BHPian

IMHO we have got some really uninspiring designs from Honda of late. Don't get me wrong, they are not bad but like Toyota more is expected of Honda, much more. And even that is an understatement.

I personally feel the design is not flowing as a whole. It is flashy but disjointed. The sloping window line looks claustrophobic. The front looks weirdly divided as you can't consume it in one glance - you have to focus on the lights, then the grill and then the bumper to get a feel for the whole front. The overhang at the back is significant with a smily trying to save the monotony and the side profile looks weirdly plain in contrast to the significant flourishes at the back and front.

You could take a Mazda CX3 seen below and change the front and back lights and get something close to the Vezel.

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-cx3.jpg

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-cx32.jpg

It seems only the Germans do clean designs with proportional lines and a unifying vision to the whole design that makes the car looks composed, simple and solid, and not awkward in any way. Take the example of the Tiguan below, and this could apply to most German cars from Audi, BMW and Volkswagen. Too many distracting lines, shapes, disproportional overhangs contribute to an overall feeling of design confusion and awkwardness. Is it so difficult to make a chunky, solid looking and proportional mini suv?

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-tiguan2.jpg

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-tiguan4.jpg

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-tiguan5.jpg

This whole post is subjective and we all have different sense of aesthetics, but hopefully there is a common ground.

Last edited by raul : 21st November 2013 at 15:46.
raul is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 19:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
This whole post is subjective and we all have different sense of aesthetics, but hopefully there is a common ground.
There never is a common ground on asthetics, specially when it comes to a nation like India For instance I find the Tiguan you posted a tad too sedate, and definitely uninspiring at the rear.
But, to each his own.

Coming back to the topic, it's so heartening to see Honda make all the right moves recently. But all of these would have come to a nought in India had they not worked on that diesel mill. And with the turbo petrols joining the party, they might finally get the market share a company of Honda's repute deserves.

Let's hope they don't overprice this SUV like earlier. And if not diesel, they shouldn't even bother launching it here.

Last edited by avisidhu : 21st November 2013 at 19:19.
avisidhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 19:57   #24
BHPian

I hope, with the lesson learned from the success of diesel amaze in India, Honda will think forward and launch this compact SUV in India. It's the most welcomed class of cars in India these days, as we see from the response the EcoSport and Duster/Terrano got. With a frugal diesel engine, a typical silent Honda cabin and a 'not-too-high' price tag (definitely no CBD), this is going to be an instant hit. Way to go, Honda!
Old 21st November 2013, 21:20   #25
BHPian

This car may take Honda to its premium position once again in India. Amaze got the numbers and this one got the class.

However one thing from Honda is putting me off these days. The dash design. Is it only me or there any other people on Team-Bhp who are not in love with the newer dash designs of Honda ?

Remember that I am not bashing Honda. I loved the civic dash, more so more than even the likes of Audi and BMW. Right from Jazz, i did not like them.

My hatred went to a all new level with Brio and Amaze's dash, though i could have lived with Jazz's dash.

And for this thing's dash, i better not say anything.
Period.
Old 21st November 2013, 21:33   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
...Do you mean to say that Ford's 1.5L 112 BHP petrol engine is a piece of junk?
Curious - which portion of the highlighted quote says anything about the capability of the engine? If you choose to read the entire line other than a specific portion, you might get what I tried to convey.
Old 21st November 2013, 22:29   #27
BHPian

With my not-so-pleasant experience with the Americans and the poor GC of my Figo, my next upgrade would have to be a Japanese, preferably a car with high GC. Vezel could fit the bill perfectly. Only hope that Honda has understood what works (VFM Pricing - Amaze) and what doesn't (Overpriced - Jazz) in the Indian market and prices it accordingly.

Fingers crossed!
Old 21st November 2013, 23:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

The overall shape of this car looks inspired from the Mitsubishi ASX/RVR.
Here are some pictures for reference. Im not complaining
Attached Thumbnails
Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-800pxmitsubishi_asx_rear_20100717.jpg  

Last edited by nik_kapur : 21st November 2013 at 23:50.
Old 22nd November 2013, 00:07   #29
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd November 2013 at 16:37.
drbones is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd November 2013, 07:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Curious - which portion of the highlighted quote says anything about the capability of the engine? If you choose to read the entire line other than a specific portion, you might get what I tried to convey.
Since your reply was for the question 'How can you (Honda) not price it right when Ford can offer an Ecosport at 5.99L !!" contains

Quote:
Which in plain English means Ford's entry level Ecosports is just for the sake of starting price. I'm curious to know why you feel its 'just for sake'? Its obvious that the only major difference between the other 2 is the engine. Hence was my assumption!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks