Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 11:07   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Here's the first test drive of the Vezel. It's in Chinese, but the video says much!

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ScTun1NZh8g
Nice video of the vezel. Looks good to me. The drive is in Japan btw and its not chinese.
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 20:12   #77
BHPian

Re: Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV

A few observations from my end.

The front grill looks hideous , thankfully the alloys are spared. Some aspects like the touch Auto AC , steering and instrument console are a straight lift from the City , which is fine as part sharing is common among brands.
I somehow think the driver arm rest is missing.The passenger side AC vents do not close completely, something that was already highlighted as a miss in the City & looks like Honda did not acknowledge the feedback.
The Chevy Beat style rear door handles might not be appealing for many.All black front dashboard looks good.The small chrome beading around the AC vents & the console that holds the power window buttons complements the looks.The piano black finish has been extended to area around the gear stick.Boot space looks pretty decent even if the seats are pulled back and another advantage is looks like they come with 50:50 split something similar available in the Jazz.
Lets see what they actually offer on the production models in our market post launch , which I guess is not happening anytime before mid / end of next year.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 22nd November 2014, 12:09   #78
Senior - BHPian

The Vezel in Japan is selling well and the reviews suggest it to be a very good handler with premium materials used. Even the 1.5L petrol from Fit is supposed to be a great match for it.

If it could be mated to a diesel engine with obvious higher torque than that petrol and sold in India, people wanting Civic could easily buy this given that it costs the same as Civic?

Honda is losing its premium-ness here and it should make up for that. Love the fit and finish of the vehicle.

Last edited by srishiva : 22nd November 2014 at 12:11.
Old 20th April 2015, 16:49   #79
BHPian

Honda might not have plans to bring in the Vezel here. Sad.
Old 20th April 2015, 16:59   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja484 View Post
Honda might not have plans to bring in the Vezel here. Sad.
This is very old news. If you see the video was posted Dec 2013. But things have moved on. Based on the way Terrano or the new IX25 or SX4 S-Cross turn out to be, Honda, might re-think on this.
Old 20th April 2015, 17:16   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This is very old news. If you see the video was posted Dec 2013. But things have moved on. Based on the way Terrano or the new IX25 or SX4 S-Cross turn out to be, Honda, might re-think on this.
True, but knowing how depressingly conservative(snail like) Honda is, I am not very optimistic. Just the sheer amount of time they took to bring the diesel 1.5 shows. Honestly, the reusing of the dashboards across the Brio range itself is a huge let down in terms of design. This clearly shows that they are continuing to target the lower segments with cheaper looking products.

Unfortunately, quality, in whatever little quantity comes at a price.
Old 20th April 2015, 17:28   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja484 View Post
Unfortunately, quality, in whatever little quantity comes at a price.
Very true. I still sincerely feel that exists a market for 15-22L OTR for premium X-overs. (Korando, Tivoli, Qashqai, Vezel etc).

But given the fact they all take the CBU/CKD route the pricing shoots up. Since the volumes are low on the premium segments, many dont bother making it in India. I hope this trend changes.
Old 30th April 2015, 14:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Price for HRV starts from $19,995 in the U.S. Its similar to a high end Civic. So it should not be too pricey for India?
Old 30th April 2015, 15:29   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Price for HRV starts from $19,995 in the U.S. Its similar to a high end Civic. So it should not be too pricey for India?
Any news that the Vezel might be coming to India? I've not heard too many positive indications of Honda planning to launch it here (even though I think it makes a compelling proposition)
Old 30th April 2015, 21:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Any news that the Vezel might be coming to India? I've not heard too many positive indications of Honda planning to launch it here (even though I think it makes a compelling proposition)
Honda finds its too costly for us and will give some low quality stuff based on Brio/Amaze.
But looking at the price and its dimensions including the trunk space, it doesn't look that costly. But then as a CBU, it could be costly and they may have to manufacture here or assemble which they wouldn't want if the numbers will be low.
Old 1st May 2015, 06:37   #86

Here is one of the beset reviews on the Honda Vezel (Honda H-RV). This will be a good vehicle to launch in India, especially with a diesel and/or a CVT. If priced right (at about 12 lakhs+), this can be a big hit in India.
ShivaCity2K6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 17:07   #87
BHPian

Spoke to the Mumbai dealership Hallmark Honda, they are expecting the Vezel in a couple of months.... I need to upgrade from the Civic(close to 9 years no issues going good) all upgrades from other manufacturers not interesting, or steeply priced. Only the Innova looks logical. Need good manufacturing and hassle free ownership. Prefer Honda or Toyota. Any suggestions.
Old 22nd May 2015, 18:03   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
Spoke to the Mumbai dealership Hallmark Honda, they are expecting the Vezel in a couple of months.... I need to upgrade from the Civic(close to 9 years no issues going good) all upgrades from other manufacturers not interesting, or steeply priced. Only the Innova looks logical. Need good manufacturing and hassle free ownership. Prefer Honda or Toyota. Any suggestions.
Is this the same as the plateless and left hand drive Civic Hatchback that was snapped at Tapukara plant yesterday? http://www.team-bhp.com/news/honda-civic-hatchback-spied-tapukara-factory
Old 23rd May 2015, 17:37   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
Spoke to the Mumbai dealership Hallmark Honda, they are expecting the Vezel in a couple of months.
Honda is not launching the Vezel. Maybe the dealership got confused with the small SUV based on the Brio platform that will compete with Ecosport, Duster & new Maruti one but that will only come around April 2016.
Old 10th November 2015, 14:20   #90
BHPian

Honda all set to launch the HRV in Pakistan!

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-hondahrvbrasil04.jpg

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-hondahrv8.jpg

Honda is set to launch its HRV in Pakistan in early 2016, while here in India we get the developing country (read poverty) special BRV based on the brio.

It is going to be sold via CBU route and is going to cost 35 lakh PKR (22 lakh INR).

Currently Honda has no plans as such to launch the HRV here in India.

[Source: Indian autoblogs]

Quote:
Honda Atlas Cars, the distributor of Honda products in Pakistan, is reported to have ordered Completely Built Units (CBU) of the Honda HR-V from Thailand, for an early-2016 launch, as per a report on PakWheels. The SUV is expected to be priced from PKR 3.5 million (INR 22.02 lakhs). This arrangement of importing CBUs from Thailand follows the precedent set by the Honda Accord.

The current model of the Honda HR-V was launched in Japan as Honda Vezel (native name) in the late 2013. The HR-V (international name) began selling in Thailand a year later, and in the USA in May 2015.
The Honda HR-V is available in four variants in the Thai market including an ‘E Limited’ variant. It is powered by a 1.8-litre four-cylinder petrol engine with flex-fuel compatibility. The motor is capable of producing 141 PS (139 bhp) at 6,500 rpm and 172 Nm at 4,300 rpm, mated to a CVT as standard that sends power to front wheels.

The Pakistani version of the Honda HR-V is reported to come (only) with the 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine, mated to a CVT.

Last edited by nakul0888 : 10th November 2015 at 14:22.
nakul0888 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks