Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2015, 09:14   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda all set to launch the HRV in Pakistan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Currently Honda has no plans as such to launch the HRV here in India.
I guess the answer to why Honda is not launching it in India is right there in your post.

1) Will anyone buy it if Honda launches it as a CBU costing INR 22,00,000/-?

2) Does it make sense for Honda to localise a vehicle which comes only with Gasoline engines and no M/T?

I think we know the answers to both the questions above.

As for the 'poverty special' description of the BRV, believe me, the HRV (or Vezel) is no Range Rover either, just because it looks a bit more 'SUV-ish'.
Old 11th November 2015, 10:39   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
I guess the answer to why Honda is not launching it in India is right there in your post.

2) Does it make sense for Honda to localise a vehicle which comes only with Gasoline engines and no M/T?

As for the 'poverty special' description of the BRV, believe me, the HRV (or Vezel) is no Range Rover either, just because it looks a bit more 'SUV-ish'.
HRV is based on the Jazz platform. Why would they need to bring it as CBU?

And why 22L? They should be able to price it alongside Hyundai Creta, which itself is priced on the higher side for an i20 based SUV. I'm sure it can take a 1.5L diesel as well like the Jazz does.

HRV, with its Jazz underpinnings would surely be a better choice than the Brio/ Mobilio based BRV.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th November 2015 at 10:40.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 11:04   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post

If Suzuki has the balls to make the s cross here, then why can't Honda make the HRV here ? As said it's based on the jazz platform. Suitable engines, 1.5 ivtec and 1.5 idtec both are already being made here. There is no need to go cbu route.

Granted its no evoque but it can easily stand shoulder to shoulder with the creta and the s cross, maybe even better. And being a Honda it's got the brand value to back the car as well.

But Honda seil cars seems hell bent on diluting its own good name here in India by making half baked yet overpriced cars like the mobilio. Seriously have you seen the panel gap on the tailgate of the mobilio. You could insert a book through there. Sheesh.....
nakul0888 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 11:11   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And why 22L?
I was talking about the price in case Honda brings it in as a CBU.

Quote:
HRV is based on the Jazz platform. Why would they need to bring it as CBU?

I'm sure it can take a 1.5L diesel as well like the Jazz does.
Honda does not need to bring the HRV as a CBU. But as far as manufacturing the car in India goes, the effort which go into developing a vehicle on an existing platform is still 75% of developing an all new model. Also, integrating the 1.5L diesel + transmission will take effort.

I also feel that these efforts will be totally worth it, but apparently, Honda doesn't.

The situation is same for BR-V as well, but may be the overall development cost is lesser and hence, better projected margins.

Quote:
HRV, with its Jazz underpinnings would surely be a better choice than the Brio/ Mobilio based BRV.
Totally agree with you on this, but things which are so easily comprehensible to outsiders like us is not visible to marketing people / top management of many car makers.

It is not just in India, but even in it's home market, Honda is facing criticism for the quality and reliability of its new models. Honda vehicles are not what they used to be 5 - 10 years ago.

Last edited by Viju : 11th November 2015 at 11:12.
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed