Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2013, 20:09   #1
BHPian

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV

Honda has revealed its all new compact SUV called Vezel at the Tokyo motor show. Vezel is likely to be the name for this compact SUV only in Japan.

Honda Vezel is the production version of Honda Urban SUV concept that the company showed at the Detroit Auto Show.

It will go on sale in Japan on 20th December and will be offered in same engine trims as the Honda Jazz / Fit. It will come with 1.5 liter petrol engine and a hybrid model, using the same i-DCD one-motor hybrid system as Jazz.

This could be launched in India later in 2015.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-honda-urban-suv-1.jpg  

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-honda-urban-suv-2.jpg  

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-honda-urban-suv3.jpg  

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-honda-urban-suv4.jpg  

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-honda-urban-suv5.jpg  

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-honda-urban-suv6.jpg  

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-honda-urban-suv7.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 20:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV

Absolutely gorgeous ! Fantastic designing Honda.
When they bring this to India, i am sure the dusters and terranos will go into hiding. This even makes the futuristic Ecosport look like a Hatch on Stilts.
This is a proper proper Mini SUV.
Old 20th November 2013, 20:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

It will be a very welcome product in India if priced well.

They have also adopted a common design across all their new ranges. The front of the new Jazz (Fit) and Vezel has almost the same similar grille looks. The new City will also have a similar face I suppose.
Old 20th November 2013, 21:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Awesome design. Ecosport dropped from my next upgrade list. My Swift can serve me till Honda brings this to India.

On a lighter note, looking at the AC vents in the dash design, will Honda provide woolen clothes for the front passenger seat?
zenren is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 21:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looks good indeed, both on the exterior and interior. The rear doors have Beat-like door knobs.

But knowing Honda, they're likely to overprice it. More than the EcoSport or Terrano, in which case it has to compete with the formidable XUV500.

Specs are eagerly awaited.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 21:11   #6
BHPian

More pictures of the Vezel.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-hondavezeljapanesemarketmodelat2013tokyomotorshow_100446657_l.jpg  

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-hondavezeljapanesemarketmodelat2013tokyomotorshow_100446658_l.jpg  

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-hondavezel1024x682.jpg  

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-hondavezeljapanesemarketmodelat2013tokyomotorshow_100446660_l.jpg  

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-hondavezeljapanesemarketmodelat2013tokyomotorshow_100446662_l.jpg  

Honda reveals Vezel - Urban SUV-hondavezeltms011850x563.jpg  

tjacob is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 21:44   #7
BHPian

Brilliant design. Hoping the tech specs don't let it down. Then all that will remain is for Honda to get it's pricing right in India. That last line, is the clincher.

Hoping big H has learned their lesson well with their past experience in overpricing themselves out of the market
Old 20th November 2013, 21:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

It may not make it to India! ACI says Vezel is unlikely to make it to India owing to the weak rupee.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-364928.aspx
Old 20th November 2013, 21:58   #9
BHPian

Now that is BEAUTIFUL. Honda is back, thank GOD. I am guessing an Indian Auto Expo Showcase to garner interest and study demand.

They will bring this to India, Indian's never dying love for Honda and a lust for SUV's, combine the two together and goose bumps. If the Ecosport from Ford of all brands can be a success, if priced properly the Vezel can no doubt be a game changer.

Your Move TOYOTA
Old 20th November 2013, 22:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Elements of the C-RV in it too. Looks a stunner all right. Be a real pity if it does not make it to India.
Old 20th November 2013, 22:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

What a beauty!! Contrary to what ACI thinks, I firmly believe this one is destined here!
They are launching 3 new models next year - Jazz/Mobilio/Vezel! City/Cringer is launching this year so I wouldnt count that

They want to sell 3 Lakhs cars by 2015-2016 in India (25% of the South East Asean market to be India). Clearly they cant miss out on bringing this, especially knowing this segment is the growing one!
Old 20th November 2013, 22:38   #12
BHPian

The car looks stunning and will a very unique dash. Hope Honda can price it right.
My only concern might be the head room for the back row passengers, due to coupe like roof design.
Old 20th November 2013, 23:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Honda are you seriously not going to bring this to India? How can you not price it right when Ford can offer an Ecosport at 5.99L !! If this car is based on the Jazz/City platform, arent components the same? Why wont this offer cost savings?

This car will sell even at 12-15L ! Come on Honda ! Manufacture it in India, dont take the CKD route.
Old 21st November 2013, 00:16   #14
BHPian

What a beauty! This car jumps right up to the top of the list for my next car. I don't see why Honda should / would not bring this to India.

Here's a short wish list for this car:
- please provide these lovely dark interiors at least as an option
- have an automatic transmission on the diesel
- have automatic transmission across variants
- don't save some features for an anniversary or exclusive edition please offer everything from the word go
- sunroof please
- AT + AWD + Diesel (I know I am pushing it now)

Come to think of it this is a common wish list for all Hondas due for launch in India right (City, Jazz, Mobolio & Vezel) barring the AWD bit

Bring it on Honda and I can imagine having an all Honda garage with different types of vehicles
Old 21st November 2013, 00:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
It may not make it to India! ACI says Vezel is unlikely to make it to India owing to the weak rupee.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-364928.aspx
It probably won't come to India in 2014 but the reason is not costs, as they have indicated. Production capacity constraints are the real reason, but they do not want to say it. New diesel City (likely to be a hit), new Jazz (solid numbers) and Mobilio MPV (likely hit), there is no capacity left to produce the Vezel. For 2014 at least. Now, if one of them does not do well, then Vezel has a chance.
lawdgawd is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks