Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2006, 12:14   #1
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
M6 Convertible

BMW does it again. yet another 'M' gone cabriolet. Got the latest official pics.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/bmw_m6conv.asp

Looks good and butch upfront, but really odd from rear three-fourths.

(Dunno if a post on this already existed; Mods pls merge if it does)
Old 24th June 2006, 14:40   #2
BHPian

Why can't BMW leave the M6 alone? The rear looks really ugly. I'd prefer the M sedan anyday.
Even Jeremy Clarkson says that most of the BMWs are ugly.
Old 24th June 2006, 15:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Clarkson says the Cayman is ugly, and how wrong he is........I wouldnt take his word for a car in the looks department.....
Old 24th June 2006, 22:31   #4
Team-BHP Support

The 6 Series Coupe looks quite nice. I saw a silver convertible a few months ago in Mumbai. It's seriously bad looking. The top is a total mismatch with the rest of the car.
Old 24th June 2006, 22:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

M6 is a mean mean machine, saw one yesterday when i went to test drive the CLS55 and M5..couldnt get the M5 to test drive since it was on the show room floor, so got an appointment for next week, but the CLS55 had nothing of a performance sedan but still looked fantastic but lacked in the performance feel, it was a luxury sedan with extra power, unlike the M5 which seemed to be soo much more..but unfortunetly i just dont like the looks of the M5...but wow, that steering wheel they have in the car is s3x..seriously man..the best steering i have ever seen..
Old 25th June 2006, 05:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Clarkson says the Cayman is ugly, and how wrong he is........I wouldnt take his word for a car in the looks department.....
The Cayman is not at all a handsome car...I've seen plenty, and it's hardly exciting. Clarkson is very cynical, but he is often very right. He loves Aston Martin and Ferrari designs, and how right he is. A design should bring some sort of life into the deadest of souls. The Coxster just further enhances the death in an already dying soul. Hate to be so harsh, but it's quite pathetic.

The M6, too, isn't exactly what I'd call beautiful. Bleh.
Old 25th June 2006, 09:18   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
M6 is a mean mean machine, saw one yesterday when i went to test drive the CLS55 and M5..couldnt get the M5 to test drive since it was on the show room floor, so got an appointment for next week, but the CLS55 had nothing of a performance sedan but still looked fantastic but lacked in the performance feel, it was a luxury sedan with extra power, unlike the M5 which seemed to be soo much more..but unfortunetly i just dont like the looks of the M5...but wow, that steering wheel they have in the car is s3x..seriously man..the best steering i have ever seen..
No point in test driving the CLS55 now since its gonna be replaced verrrrryy soon.... in a month or so the CLS63 amg is gonna be out, all your complaints of it lacking performance will be long gone coz its an m5 killer!
Old 25th June 2006, 11:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
No point in test driving the CLS55 now since its gonna be replaced verrrrryy soon.... in a month or so the CLS63 amg is gonna be out, all your complaints of it lacking performance will be long gone coz its an m5 killer!
Yeah I know, but I come to realise one thing, you know whats the differece between the AMG fellas and M Dudes...

AMG guys give very aggressive looking pkgs with good power but lack in overall feel, the feel that you need to get from a true performance automobile...where as the M dudes provide everything, power, feel, handling, (at the moment lacking in looks dept, but mostly are good looking), so the M badge always wins, but somehow I would want a CLS63 AMG where the outside and inside is designed by Mercedes, the Engine is designed with a combination of M and AMG and the steering and handling characteristics by M...

I am telling you that M steering was just marvalous, the CLS steering was a panzy by comparison and that is something which will not change in the 63 also...unfortunately and this makes it really hard to pick either of the cars...

anyhow on a smaller scale its the same diff between an Infiniti (BMW) vs Lexus (Mercedes) unfortunetly Acura just gets left behind..

Last edited by 1Day : 25th June 2006 at 11:26.
Old 25th June 2006, 11:38   #9
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

just saw the video review of the M6, where the president of BMW - United States hit the track with a M6... and my, my that car has fantastic handling. the overall reviewers on the Speed Channel gave it two thumbs up.
Old 25th June 2006, 11:54   #10
BHPian

Tis impressive indeed Ranjan...I don't think the convertible has lost out much on handling to the coupe.

Also, just .3 seconds off the mark as compared to the coupe frm 0-60 probably means there is not much of wieght addition, right?

I've loved all the Bangled Beemers, and this one just adds to the list.
Old 25th June 2006, 12:24   #11
BHPian

The ///M division makes great cars but IMHO the M6 just isn't worth the 20k GBP price increase over the 'regular' M5.
Regarding looks, I personally love the 5 over the 6. Even in M form, the M6 looks like a regular 6. I saw one on the streets recently and I really really think its highly ok.

Most Viewed