Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2006, 03:53   #1
BHPian

Chinese Hummer killer & the Maserati - MC12 Corsa

Came across these 2 interesting articles and thought of sharing them with u.
Sorry if they have already been discussed earlier.

China's amphibious Hummer killer
This is what the title says although It's nowhere near the hummer.
BUT the best part of this SUV is that it can actually sail over water - James bond style !!

Checkout the details here
http://auto.indiatimes.com/quickies/1681958.cms

Maserati - MC12 Corsa limited edition

At 755 horsepower, this two-seater coupe’s six litre engine is among the most powerful machines on earth. And among the most expensive as well. The only catch: buddy, you can’t drive it on the roads.

Reason: this super car has not been homologated. Which means auto afficianados who have bought this beauty can only race it on special tracks and at specially organised events courtesy Maserati.

Italian super cars are known for their quirkyness and style. But the MC12 Corsa takes the cake as far as exclusivity goes. Although there are confirmations on this one, reports say the 12 units that the company intends to crank have already sold out!

Read more here
http://auto.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1689599.cms
Old 30th June 2006, 08:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

I dont even want to comment on the chinese hummer...PAHHLEAZ...

and as for the MC12 Corsa...its going to be one bad @$$ machine, as if the MC12 was not and didnt look like a super car meant for the tracks..

Also its less powerful than the FXX, but will still be quicker on a track than it..

They were suppose to make 20 FXXs, but because of demand they had to increase it to 24 and then to 29 FXXs, same will happen with this..

as it did with the MC12, they were suppose to make 25, but ended up making 75 or something..
Old 30th June 2006, 13:37   #3
BHPian

thats a nice find and yes if this vehicle can sail through water it should be quite capable of having a good offroad profile, the exterior design sucks. Anyway the Hummer sucks now just a rebadge and many people buy it for status girth (unless u have a H1).

mc12 u said it all.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 30th June 2006 at 13:42.
Old 30th June 2006, 16:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Maserati I feel is one of the few Italian super car with actual italian looks...unlike the new Ferrari(F430, F360 & 599 GTB excluding Scaglietti) and Lamborghini (Diablo & Mucilego)which look almost european....Maserati has been bringing out real elegant and classy design after F's take over and Quattorporte .....I feel its even better than......AM's Rapide.... though MC12 is a bit of a ????? I donnow ...
Old 30th June 2006, 18:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Maserati I feel is one of the few Italian super car with actual italian looks...unlike the new Ferrari(F430, F360 & 599 GTB excluding Scaglietti) and Lamborghini (Diablo & Mucilego)which look almost european....

Eh......what? Come again?

Most Viewed