Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2014, 14:45   #1
BHPian

Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)

Koenigsegg recently took the wraps off what they call a Megacar, the Koenigsegg One:1, a car producing one megawatt or 1341 HP.
With a power to weight ratio of 1:1, this is what dreams are made of. Weighing in at 1340 Kg's(With all fluids and half tank of gas), the car makes extensive use of carbon fibre parts to save weight in every way possible and at the same time not compromsing on performance and safety.
Koenigsegg looks to be aiming at the world speed record with a theoretical top speed of 273MPH, good luck convincing VW to lend them the Ehra-Lessien for a day.

More about this magnificient car can be read here and here

Images courtesy Jalopnik
Attached Thumbnails
Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-gfw_4751jalop1860x574.jpg  

Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-gfw_5459jalop1860x573.jpg  

Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-gfw_5465jalop860x483.jpg  

Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-gfw_5466jalop860x573.jpg  

Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-gfw_5509jalop1.jpg  

Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-gfw_5535jalop860x483.jpeg  

Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-gfw_5547jalop860x573.jpg  

Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-gfw_5571860x573.jpg  

Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-koenigsegg_one1_interior_01860x607.jpg  

Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-koenigsegg_one1_top_02860x607.jpg  

Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-release3jalopnik_1920860x574.jpg  

Roomy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 15:14   #2
BHPian

re: Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)

Few days back when the Henessey Venom GT surpassed Veyron Super Sport's record, an article stated that there is another hypercar which will will leave these two cars biting the dust, the Koenigsegg One, and here it is!

Man, these Swedish are insane I must say. Your move Bugatti..
And yes, I always found the Koenigsegg much more beautiful than the Veyron or even the Huayra..

-Bhargav

Last edited by Octane_Power : 7th March 2014 at 15:16.
Octane_Power is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 15:55   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)

Only 6 productions units & all SOLD OUT.

0 - 400 km/h in 20 secs & 400km/h to 0 in half that time

^ With those figures, no surprises why its sold out
karan561 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 18:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)

It's Awesome. Are the alloys made of carbon fibre too?
Just out of curiosity, How much did they sell for?
And Mileage Kitna deeta hai?
Old 7th March 2014, 18:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)

Same questions as above, are the alloys made out of carbon fibre too? They look like they are. And what does something like this sell for, ~5-6 million USD?

Also, does one have to be on a certain track to beat world records or you could do a straight run anywhere any claim it? Reason I ask is what if there's an incline (however marginal), different windspeed etc.
Old 7th March 2014, 19:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
It's Awesome. Are the alloys made of carbon fibre too?
Just out of curiosity, How much did they sell for?
And Mileage Kitna deeta hai?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Same questions as above, are the alloys made out of carbon fibre too? They look like they are. And what does something like this sell for, ~5-6 million USD?

Also, does one have to be on a certain track to beat world records or you could do a straight run anywhere any claim it? Reason I ask is what if there's an incline (however marginal), different windspeed etc.

The wheels are indeed made out of carbon fibre, somehow made of hollow carbon fibre IIRC.
Though Koenigsegg has not revealed prices, I did read somewhere that the price is speculated to be 30 -50 % over the Agera S which works out to be roughly 2-2.5 million USD.

The Guiness world record can be set in any place as long as the Guines judges are there to witness it, but there are very few places with conditions to attempt one. The speed is calculated by taking the average of two runs, one either way which negates the effect of wind/incline or other factors. Hennessey Venom GT did a speed run of about 270MPH last week, but the record does not count as they couldnt make a run both ways in the NASA center somewhere in the US. The world's fastest production car as per Guiness is still the Bugatti Veyron SuperSport at 268MPH.

Last edited by Roomy : 7th March 2014 at 19:15.
Roomy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 15:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Man, a car where the chances of owning one are less than one in a billion! :O

Staggering numbers. And looks much, much better than the Veyron.

That being said, going by the weight difference between the One:1 and the Veyron, safe to assume the Koenigsegg will be a lot more agile as well.

And the alloys? They remind me of the ones on the previous edition of the City! :
Old 12th March 2014, 21:47   #8
BHPian

Wow! That is an incredible car. Love the bits of orange that they have going on, both on the inside and the outside of the car.

I didn't quite like the name though, should have been a little crazy - like the car itself.
Old 12th March 2014, 22:49   #9
BHPian

How does the Koenigsegg compare to the Mclaren P1 in acceleration? The P1 is supposedly the fastest around any track in the world or is the P1 already relegated to history? I am talking track timings and not outright acceleration or top speed.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mclaren...-ar153561.html

Personally if I were floating on money I would buy the Aventador at 1/4 the price of the P1
http://twinrev.com/cars/McLaren-P1-v...hini-Aventador

Last edited by drpullockaran : 12th March 2014 at 22:57.
Old 13th March 2014, 07:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
How does the Koenigsegg compare to the Mclaren P1 in acceleration? The P1 is supposedly the fastest around any track in the world or is the P1 already relegated to history? I am talking track timings and not outright acceleration or top speed.

I don't know about all the tracks, but the P1 is not the fastest around the the big mommy of all tracks, the Nürburgring. The distinction goes to the hybrind Porsche 918 which recently dethroned Dodge Viper with a time of 6min 57 seconds. Mclaren has not officially revelaed Nürburgring times for the P1, but rumors has it that it has beaten the 918, but until then the Porsche rules the ring.
Old 13th March 2014, 08:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

What an amazing piece of engineering! We are seeing the golden age of hypercars from all manufacturers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
I didn't quite like the name though, should have been a little crazy - like the car itself.
I think Koenigsegg put in a MASSIVE effort to keep the power to weight ratio at 1:1. Like filling half a tank of gas which should get over in like minutes. Jokes apart, the 1:1 ratio with all fluids is an amazing achievement!

Some bits are 3D printed to keep weight down. Now, that's rocket science. The exhaust tip is 3D printed and it is the largest piece of 3D printed titanium ever built. And it takes three whole days to produce. And everything is carbon fiber, even the sun visors to save a few grams here and there.

The 3D printed titanium exhaust tip
Move over Hypercars, the Megacar is here - the Koenigsegg One:1 (1341 Horses)-19h0052qkh5cjjpg.jpg

Then, the best way to remind everyone of that is to name it so.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 08:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Awesome looking car as with the earlier models. I've always had a soft corner for the Koenigsegg's and secondly the porsche's. This one in the first pic (opening post) looks like a perfect car for the batmobile
Old 13th March 2014, 11:03   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

I think Koenigsegg put in a MASSIVE effort to keep the power to weight ratio at 1:1. Like filling half a tank of gas which should get over in like minutes. Jokes apart, the 1:1 ratio with all fluids is an amazing achievement!

Totally mate, I know as an engineering feat it is super impressive considering what they have managed to pull off. What I'm saying is when you buy an ultra rare car like this, IMO the name should be like Huyara, Aventadaor, Veyron or something a little un-conventional, not One:1. Like I said just my opinion.

But having said that, when someone pulls up in one of these, people won't really care even if the car is named after a disney character or something
Old 13th March 2014, 14:23   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The exhaust tip is 3D printed and it is the largest piece of 3D printed titanium ever built. And it takes three whole days to produce.
The 3D printed titanium exhaust tip
Attachment 1218836

They fry it with a heat torch very carefully to get that brushed maroon look. And, it sure is one Looker!!
Old 13th March 2014, 16:21   #15
BHPian

Even with a name like One,the car sure looks fast in the pics too.

I would love to have a ride in one of these cars ,even as a passenger ,just to feel the acceleration and hope some supercar manufacturer will come out with the option of pay per ride.

That ways we can appreciate the engineering and the technology in a better way. It would certainly be a blessing for us lesser mortals rather than just salivate on pics and wallpapers.

Most Viewed