Team-BHP - New 2007 Mercedes Mclaren SLR Special Edition 722 out with 650hp
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   New 2007 Mercedes Mclaren SLR Special Edition 722 out with 650hp (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/14982-new-2007-mercedes-mclaren-slr-special-edition-722-out-650hp.html)

SLR 722 from AMG [source:worldcarfans.com]

Have fun..I think in this color the car looks more aggresive and it is one of the best made cars till date...damn i would love to own it, if this is the only car I can ever own..

Nice Pics in there!

The car looks more meatier (As is the case with all AMG tuned mercs).

And the Power has been increased and it can do 337 kmh now!!!
The handling problems has been solved too. The car height dropped by about 10mm or so.

Please somebody call Prince Naseem (Da Boxer) and he'll demonstrate how to total this one too.

Overall it's a meatier SLR! or SLR with some steroids!

YUM...the icing just got better. Always liked this car, and now even more! This has to be one of the most practical supercar these days, cuz its comfy and fast..

It looks nice, but it defenitely should not be called "722 special edition".

If they had made a low-windscreen convertible version with flowing rear butresses, only that would have deserved to be called by this name. This one just looks like a hotted-up SLR, not special enough to deserve the name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
It looks nice, but it defenitely should not be called "722 special edition".

If they had made a low-windscreen convertible version with flowing rear butresses, only that would have deserved to be called by this name. This one just looks like a hotted-up SLR, not special enough to deserve the name.

Either that, or if it indeed had 722 bhp to match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniguchisan
Either that, or if it indeed had 722 bhp to match.

agree:
I had thought y they didnt capatalize on that and make a 722hp machine, that would have been much nicers, and wouldnt have costed all that much more for AMG...oh well..probably a dyno tune and ecu upgrade can easily achieve that without much of a change..AMGs are notorious to provide tons of hp on just ECU upgrade..

i like the look of the normal slr this one i just love and with more power too. so lets see... if every member of team bhp donates me some money mabey i will be able to afford it. what say guys.

islero wasnt the production version of the 722, the ullenhaut coupe, also a hardtop with gullwing doors?

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelntoe

islero wasnt the production version of the 722, the ullenhaut coupe, also a hardtop with gullwing doors?

The 300SLR was never produced for the public.

Only 2 coupes were made (I think), both were for the great Merc engineer, Rudolph Ulenhaut's personal use. It is never associated in '722' terms with the Moss-Jenkinson 300SLR which won the '55 Mille Miglia.

ya i remember reading that there were only two for ulenhaut's personal use hence the name. and thanks for that info

According to me, the SLR McLaren is the best looking supercar ever made. I just love the way it looks. And now the 722 Edition.

Why 722 in the name?

The 722 – or the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 722 Edition to quote its full name – is a limited run of tweaked SLRs, named after the Mercedes 300 SLR that British racing legend Stirling Moss and his co-driver Dennis Jenkinson drove to victory in the 1955 Mille Miglia race from Brescia to Rome and back.

The number actually refers to the time - 07:22am - that they started the grueling 1000-mile race, and they completed it at a record-breaking average speed of 100mph.

Source:
Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 722 Edition - Supercar - First Drives - Carmagazine.co.uk

Even though it doesnt seem to be for sale in the US officially, one of the big exotic car dealer owners is pulling strings to get himself one for his special client or himself(forgot which). Heard it on one of the forums..

the only supercar DD i would consider

Only 150 will be made. And all of them already sold out.

The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition. Its uniqueness over the "standard" SLR:

1. The "722" emblazoned across the car - honoring Sir Stirling Moss' 1955 Mille Miglia win in an SLR

2. Carbonfiber wind-splitter - a truly hardworking aerodynamic part: increases downforce by 128%

3. 19" forged-aluminium wheels: 40 pounds weight reduction across, contributing to the overall 97 pounds weight reduction

4. Engine tweaked to 641 HP, up from the standard 617 HP.

5. Carbonfiber seat shells

There's a special add-on too. If you're in the mood you could pick up a Tag Heuer SLR watch made specially for this special car - should set you back $ 12000/-

Makes you wonder why there shouldnt be something similar closer to home.

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 389302)
Makes you wonder why there shouldnt be something similar closer to home.

Source

You mean like a limited edition San Storm??
Lol! Just Kiddin Bro.
But on a serious note,
with power like this, it seems that it will easily outdo the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 and will be in the top 5 fastest production cars on sale.

SLRs have always made a mark... but this 722 edition is one that drills through your head and leaves a hole in it saying SLR