Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2015, 20:16   #46
BHPian

After going through the s-cross pricing debacle, I'd hold on to my horses till they announce prices of this one.
Old 16th August 2015, 21:31   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: *Rumour* Maruti to bring the New Vitara - 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
Will it be a petrol only model this time also?
The below link gives details of the New Vitara.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ed-europe.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 23:30   #48
Team-BHP Support

Although internationally this car goes head on against Suzuki's own S-Cross, it can afford to go up higher in our market just for the way it looks. Vitara looks every bit a pseudo-SUV unlike the hatchback'ish SCross.

If Maruti guys are reading- I'd suggest to launch this only with the 1.6 diesel. Feature loaded as in the international markets. Slot it at the same price range as the S-Cross seems to have failed at. So you get two crossover options- the value conscious guys can pick the SCross 1.3 diesel, while those who want more SUV for their money can get the Vitara 1.6 diesel.

Launching this also with a 1.3 diesel would be a blunder as people really won't pay 3L more just for an engine and transmission, with such a pricing structure.

Not to mention the YBA which is going up against Ecosport, so what you really need is a real top end contender.

PS- An AWD version would be brilliant too, and a great differentiator against the other crossovers in the Maruti lineup.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Suzuki Vitara caught. EDIT: Now launched in Europe-image.jpg  

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th August 2015 at 23:39.
Old 17th August 2015, 00:15   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Launching this also with a 1.3 diesel would be a blunder as people really won't pay 3L more just for an engine and transmission, with such a pricing structure.

PS- An AWD version would be brilliant too, and a great differentiator against the other crossovers in the Maruti lineup.
The car won't pull if the same DDiS 200 is put in this car like the way Maruti has been doing since the launch of the Swift D.

IMO, they have to understand the limitations of that small engine and where can it be stretched too. Hope Maruti Suzuki reads and understands.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 02:14   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The car won't pull if the same DDiS 200 is put in this car like the way Maruti has been doing since the launch of the Swift D.

IMO, they have to understand the limitations of that small engine and where can it be stretched too. Hope Maruti Suzuki reads and understands.
I believe you have been deceived by the looks here. Vitara is dimensionally similar to the S-Cross and the 1.6 DDiS without AWD weighs almost similar to the equivalent S-Cross as well.

Didn't see anyone complaining the SCross "won't pull". Also- both these cars are lighter than the FIAT Linea and Avventura. Hence same performance would apply to the Vitara with a 1.3 DDiS.

However, as I mentioned in above post- I believe Maruti should only use the 1.6 DDiS here for optimum positioning of these products.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 08:51   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the New Vitara stack up in dimensions with S Cross and Grand Vitara - internationally.

Next-generation Suzuki Vitara caught. EDIT: Now launched in Europe-capt.png
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 09:19   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I believe you have been deceived by the looks here. Vitara is dimensionally similar to the S-Cross and the 1.6 DDiS without AWD weighs almost similar to the equivalent S-Cross as well.
True, the name and styling are actually deceiving. The new Vitara in the UK is actually positioned below the S-cross. The S-cross being the premium offering that competes with the Yeti whereas the Vitara goes against the likes of the Duster.

If Renault can sell a Duster with 85PS engine and Toyota can sell a Corolla with a 88PS engine, the Vitara with a 1.3L should not be too bad.

With the S-cross pricing, it looks like the 1.6L is not feasible for Maruti thanks to import duties and royalty to Fiat. It maybe a while before it is localized.

If the Vitara will indeed be priced below the S-cross it may end up cannibalising the S-cross itself.

HEre's a comparo between the 2:

https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/Suzuki...4-S-Cross-0139
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 11:34   #53
BANNED

I don't think Maruti will launch Vitara Brezza which measures around 4000 mm and a Vitara which measures 4175 mm. What purpose is it going to serve? It would logical if they bring the bigger Grand Vitara, I think.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 12:02   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I don't think Maruti will launch Vitara Brezza which measures around 4000 mm and a Vitara which measures 4175 mm. What purpose is it going to serve? It would logical if they bring the bigger Grand Vitara, I think.
Vitara Brezza may use the 1.3L DDiS engine only and has to come in the 6L - 8L range for Petrol and 7L - 9L range for Diesel. They have to introduce Vitara with a locally produced 1.6L Diesel engine, starting at 10.5L.

Also, a AWD and automatic version can be added.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th August 2015 at 12:06.
Old 18th August 2015, 01:34   #55
BHPian

Re: Next-generation Suzuki Vitara caught. EDIT: Now launched in Europe

Interesting. I did not know that the Vitara was this small. At 4.175m, wouldn't some simple tinkering be enough to bring the length to 4m? I have no idea of the technicality here though. Another enticing thought is that as this Vitara looks really dashing; the Vitara Brezza being just a little shorter and having similar design should look really stylish. Bring on the dual color exteriors as well With these things in mind, I'm getting more inclined to believe that the conspiracy theory put by some other member here that the S-Cross is a scapegoat for the Vitara Brezza is true

Last edited by Whichcarnow : 18th August 2015 at 02:00.
Old 18th August 2015, 08:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

One way for MSIL to command more for the Vitara than the S-Cross is by providing AllGrip. Also, loading with safety kit.

The spec sheet of the Vitara in Suzuki' UK website looks amazing!

http://www.suzuki.co.uk/cars/cars/new/vitara/Vitara
Old 18th August 2015, 08:39   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
Interesting. I did not know that the Vitara was this small. At 4.175m, wouldn't some simple tinkering be enough to bring the length to 4m? I have no idea of the technicality here though. Another enticing thought is that as this Vitara looks really dashing; the Vitara Brezza being just a little shorter and having similar design should look really stylish. Bring on the dual color exteriors as well
The Vitara Brezza (speculated name) will sit below the S Cross being in the <4m segment. It could have similar features of the S Cross but interior space could be a compromise. Launch beginning 2016.

The New Vitara ( 4.175 m) if brought to India is most likely to get all premium features and be positioned above S Cross ( maybe with the 1.5 Diesel Suzuki engine or a localized 1.6 MJD) and a 2017 launch ?

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th August 2015 at 08:47.
Old 31st August 2015, 08:00   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Vitara to launch in Australia next month, could be priced more than S Cross.

Quote:
We expect Suzuki will charge a slight premium for the stylish Vitara over its twin-under-the-skin, the S-Cross, which is priced from $22,990 driveaway to $34,990 driveaway.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/377248/s...on-fine-print/
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:39   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

New Vitara , now in the top 5 best sellers in Italy - August 2015.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 4778
Size:  296.3 KB

Source: Suzuki Fan
Old 5th September 2015, 16:19   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Just unveiled, The New Vitara in China will get the new 1.4 Lboosterjet engine. Will go on sale late 2015.

The new 1.4-litre Suzuki BoosterJet engine is a 4-cylinder, 16-valve turbocharged gasoline motor, with Dual Over Head Camshaft (DOHC). It can fit into a box of size 537 mm x 450 mm x 696 mm. The unit puts out 136 PS and 220 Nm

Quote:
The taillight on the new Vitara, set for its launch in China by the end of this year, has new detailing, made apparent by the absence of the large pentagonal clear reverse lamps found in the European model. Instead, the Chinese version of the Vitara gets slim and horizontal reverse lights on either side.
Next-generation Suzuki Vitara caught. EDIT: Now launched in Europe-untitled.png
Next-generation Suzuki Vitara caught. EDIT: Now launched in Europe-d.png

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/s...or-show-190044

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th September 2015 at 16:23.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks