Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2014, 16:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Millions of unsold cars; whither customer experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Thats complete BS article from zerohedge and why this rant against Ford in the OP?
My error in judgement; did not fact check before posting the ZH article. Thanks folks, for the jalopnik link.

Re Ford - I seriously think they are playing the popularity of EcoSport all wrong. Instead of building customer loyalty, they (and their dealers) are fleecing the money paying public, milking them for short term profits. Even the sleaziest real estate developer does not charge a customer price at the time of handover instead of at the time of booking. (Renault did play this well) Particularly since the waiting times were extended because the company chose to service more lucrative foreign markets due to exchange rate fluctuations. Why should the customer get burned for trusting the company? Why should the customer pay for no fault of theirs? (There were anecdotes on this forum re how the dealers tried to hold on to the 'cancellation charges' even after the price hike or when the specs changed - any contract is void if the basis for the contract is negated)

Then again, later, they did not pass on the complete excise benefit to the customer (this is anecdotal). So, why wouldnt I rant, as you put it?

Quote:
More, there is 2+2 Year extended warranty on the VW Polo TSi with the dreaded DSG gearbox
Upto 3 months ago on this forum, the warranty on the gear box was still up in the air. When I mailed VW, there was no response either. If you have some clear proof that the DSG gearbox is covered under the warranty & the extended warranty, request you to point me to it.

Quote:
And whats with the Renault and average cars?
I have the Duster - it is a nice car, even brilliant in patches. But it is surely priced one class over. It sure as hell does not feel like a 12.5 L car.
Old 21st May 2014, 18:00   #17
BHPian

Re: Shocking! The World's unsold cars, Stock pile growing

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Where the World's Unsold Cars Go To Die

In the past several years, one of the topics covered in detail on these pages has been the surge in such gimmicks designed to disguise lack of demand and end customer sales, used extensively by US automotive manufacturers, better known as "channel stuffing", of which General Motors is particularly guilty and whose inventory at dealer lots just hit a new record high. But did you know that when it comes to flat or declining sales and stagnant end demand, channel stuffing is merely the beginning?

Presenting...

THE WORLDS UNSOLD CAR STOCKPILE

Houston...We have a problem!...Nobody is buying brand new cars anymore! Well they are, but not on the scale they once were. Millions of brand new unsold cars are just sitting redundant on runways and car parks around the world. There, they stay, slowly deteriorating without being maintained.

Below is an image of a massive car park at Swindon, United Kingdom, with thousands upon thousands of unsold cars just sitting there with not a buyer in sight. The car manufacturers have to buy more and more land just to park their cars as they perpetually roll off the production line.

Source : http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...ld-cars-go-die

Regards,
Sheerness, United Kingdom mentioned in the article clearly looks like a port, where cars are either being imported or exported. Just an inventory of cars to be shipped or recieved. Didnt bother to look at other examples.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks