Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 00:18   #136
BHPian

Re: Top Gear UK, Season 22 - Starts on 27th Dec, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

And will the new Top Gear be presented by Chris Evans? Oh no!

And the answer is yes. While he may lack the type of Humor that Jezza had, I think he'll be awesome.

Judging by his Ferrari collection and the way he takes care of the cars, I think the future of Topgear will be different, but interesting.

here's the link to the news

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33158464
Old 17th June 2015, 04:27   #137
BHPian

Its official!! Chris Evans signs a three year deal to lead Top Gear. I'm not sure if I will enjoy the show as much, but looking forward to see how the change feels
Old 17th June 2015, 07:01   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Series 22 final episode to air June 28th

Quote:
Top Gear will return on Sunday June 28 at 8pm, with an extended episode to wrap up Series 22.

The episode will feature two films which were shot for Series 22, but haven’t yet seen the light of day due to the show being pulled off air following fracas-gate.

The first film sees Jeremy, Richard and James living the lifestyle of traditional classic car buffs, acquiring a Fiat 124 Spyder, Peugeot 304 Cabriolet and MGB GT before setting off an adventure incorporating brown beer, breakdowns (inevitably) and attending a car show where everything goes wrong.

In the second film sees the boys attempt to become ‘lifestyle leisure enthusiasts’ with the help of some very ratty old 4x4s. Armed with a budget of just £250, they each purchase a high-mileage, low-quality SUV – Clarkson a Vauxhall Frontera, Hammond a Jeep Cherokee and May a Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin – before embarking on a series of grueling challenges, including a battle with the Stig’s Leisure Activity Cousin, which climaxes with a race that has a terrifying penalty for the person who loses.
Courtesy - TG News
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 10:25   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

I just saw his SIARPC from season 6. He could do a car show, but who does he have to build the chemistry with. I think a lot of closet TG'cionados will be coming out now , who secretly enjoyed the earlier "fracases" but hrrmmphed in public.
For people like me, I'll wait for the new shenanigans.

And this, this makes me sad......
Attached Thumbnails
Top Gear UK, Season 22 - Starts on 27th Dec, 2014-afterthetopgearbreakup.jpg  

mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 14:55   #140
BHPian

So the final episode of Topgear in its current form is over. I was able to watch it and frankly I was quite sad to see it.
In the studio there was only James and Richard and there was no audience.It didn't have a news section or a celebrity section. Clarkson did mention in one of the films " He hates working in Topgear".
In the end Richard said a good-bye and in a classic British fashion. There was no drama or reference to their exit or any of the events was made.

Jeremy was thoroughly missed in the episode though he was there in the films. I think it was the right decision for the trio to stick together.

I hope the next year,s Topgear will live up to the standards that the current one set over the years.

I am more interested in the show that Jeremy James and Richard will be making.
Old 29th June 2015, 15:41   #141
BHPian

Oh Man... That was really sad.. Can not digest that there won't be any topgear with the three together.
The finale was rather odd, with James and Richard presenting the show without Jeremy and audience. Truly end of an era in the Television.
Old 26th November 2015, 07:10   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

BBC To Air 2015 Top Gear Christmas Special With Clarkson, Hammond & May

Quote:
The famous (former) Top Gear trio will return on the screens in the new 2015 Christmas Special of the world's biggest motoring show, in a "two-part extravaganza".

The announcement was made by the British television network, but rather than having Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond on the set again, it will use motion picture already filmed from the past 13 years, featuring "astonishing footage, insider facts and quirky statistics".

"With Chris Evans soon to get behind the wheel for the new series of Top Gear, this two-part extravaganza celebrates the best and brightest from the Clarkson, Hammond and May years", BBC said in a statement.

The Christmas Special will be voiced by English comedian and actor, John Bishop, and highlights will be presented by guest stars.

"Top Gear: From A to Z" will use every letter of the alphabet to refer to a different word or phrase relevant to the show and its former hosts, including "B" for Bark, "I" for Inch High and "Q" for Queuing. It's not known whether "F" for Fracas will be included in the Top Gear: From A to Z, which relates to the incident when Clarkson assaulted producer Oisin Tymon that led to the canceling of the show.
Top Gear UK, Season 22 - Starts on 27th Dec, 2014-jeremy-clarkson-james-may-richard-hammond-top-gear-bbc.jpg

Courtesy - carscoop

Most Viewed