Team-BHP - Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/154854-alfa-romeo-giulia-159-replacement-spotted-testing.html)

Autocar UK report spotting the test mule of upcoming the Giulia (in a Maserati Ghibli bodywork). The rear-wheel drive model will be go against the likes of BMW 3-series when launched next year.

Being the successor for the popular 159, this could be a make-or-break model for Alfa.

Source: Autocar UK

Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing-photo-3.jpg
Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing-photo-1.jpg
Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing-photo-2.jpg

Alfa Romeo's First SUV to be built on suitably adapted Giorgio platform. To debut in 2019. Could be called Alfa Romeo Pordoi

Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing-qvcopiae1432375451876.jpg

Quote:

The basic mechanics could be the platform Giorgio suitably adapted. Under the hood could find place lE petrol unit that will be introduced with the Giulia : a 2.0-liter Multiair 180 hp (with a step of power around 240 hp for the version Quadrifoglio Verde). On the diesel there could be proven diesel engines and there may be room for a hybrid powertrain consisting of the 2.0 Multiair and a thermal unit for a total power of 250 hp.
http://www.carpassion.it/30443/alfa-...-del-biscione/

Alfa has made another stunning car. And with a turbocharged V6 that produces around 510 horsepower clap:

Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing-150624alfaromeogiuliahp11.jpg

Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing-150624alfaromeogiuliahp21.jpg

Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing-150624alfaromeogiuliahp31.jpg

Source

Am I the only one here who thinks this aint alfas finest moment?
The side profile seems to be of the f30 3 series. The rear seems to be from an audi a5 and the front looks like it came from a Kia.
Not by any means ugly but not exactly Alfa either.
159 is still the best looking compact exec sedan ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakul0888 (Post 3738683)
The side profile seems to be of the f30 3 series. The rear seems to be from an audi a5 and the front looks like it came from a Kia.
Not by any means ugly but not exactly Alfa either.
159 is still the best looking compact exec sedan ever.

different folks, different strokes.

to me it looks like Lexus on the side. BMW in the headlights and Skoda in the rear.

agree that this is not their finest. but some cars don't look good in pix but are awesome in real.

the exhaust note- thats true Alfa.

Beautiful RWD proportions.

And very distinctive skinning: all rounded, non-edges, bulges/swells. Except for the lights which are kind of angular/edgy/a bit angry. Personally, i like the former, not so much the latter. But angry rather than sizeable,curvaceous lights are the norm among premium cars now, Mercedes excepted, so...?

The technical claims for this car are pretty staggering: 50/50 weight distribution, best-in-class torsional rigidity, best stopping distance, true torque vectoring, fastest/most direct steering, carbon fibre propshaft etc.

This high-powered Cloverleaf QV version of the weighs less than 1500 kgs, again a very best-in-class. Much better power, torque, and power-weight-ratio etc than the c class amg and the m3.

Very clean, minimalist inteior, too.

The real thing about the Giulia will also be the engines, including the new 2.2litre mjd, a diesel 3.0 v6, and apparently one or more (mild) hybrids too.

The first of 7-8 all-new Alfa-s by 2018, Marchionne of Fiat-Chrysler has commited 5+billion dollars to the Alfa-goes-up-directly-against-BMW/Merc/Audi program, esp in Europe, USA and China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoKRPU2NDGw

These new Alfa-s are due to retail out of jeep showrooms all over Europe and China etc.

Including India, by 2018? Jeep is launching here soon enough with 15 odd dealers at the outset. Alfa Romeo with diesels and/or hybrids in India with a wide-enough dealer support network: a delicious prospect for those a little putoff by just how common the germans have become, even in many cities here in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 3738591)
Alfa has made another stunning car.

The Giulia is stylish no doubt, but didn't the 159 looked more menacing and sexy?
Quote:

Originally Posted by nakul0888 (Post 3738683)

I agree, the 159 looked a whole lot sexier than the Giulia I think.

Agree to all the posts, that this does not match the aura of the 159 despite being back to the Rear wheel drive layout.

Surprising, since this seems to be a ground up design rather than based on an existing platform with a re-skin. Was Italdesign, Pininfarina, Bertone or anything similar involved? Even if they had not been, Alfa Romeo definitely had the ability to appeal to the right visual chords independently on their own.

In my opinion, the Giulia looks really good.
159 is still a great looking car, but the age is showing up badly and Alfa clearly need to do something really radical to stay in the game. This is touted as the brand's re-launch model and hope it'll live up to the expectations.

Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing-alfastan2015004_0.jpg
Image courtesy: Autocar.co.uk

Interior Shot. Looks pretty good.

Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing-alfagiulia155.jpg

Alfa Romeo Giulia (159 replacement) spotted testing-alfaromeogiulia.jpg

Courtesy - carscoop

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvi86 (Post 3739714)
The Giulia is stylish no doubt, but didn't the 159 looked more menacing and sexy?

I agree, the 159 looked a whole lot sexier than the Giulia I think.

Take one more look here. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM2lMCRCri8

And oh! it sounds glorious.

Overall i like the design of the Giulia, but there's something missing in the front. Specially the front bumper looks as if its the rear bumper :D

But the best part no doubt is that its having 3 pedals (M/T), RWD & 510 hp - Italian muscle car for sure :thumbs up

I think it looks awesome - it has a very muscular look which compliments the 500bhp engine. In short, it has the show with the go :).

To me the headlights look like from the Jaguar's.

Right away I can spot one ergonomic problem. The start/stop button seems to be weirdly positioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 3740364)
Right away I can spot one ergonomic problem. The start/stop button seems to be weirdly positioned.

That's more like a design element.

Cars like Ferrari 458 Italia & 2015 Audi R8 have it on the steering too :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 3740471)
That's more like a design element.

Cars like Ferrari 458 Italia & 2015 Audi R8 have it on the steering too :)

Is it on the steering like in the Ferrari's? It seemed like it's behind the steering in the dash to me from the pictures hence the confusion I guess.