Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:49   #1
Team-BHP Support

Nissan's Andy Palmer resigns to take over as CEO of Aston Martin

Andy Palmer who was regarded as a possible successor to Carlos Ghosn will be taking up the reins at Aston Martin

Moving from a manufacturer of mainly dull cars to a manufacturer of exciting cars! What a jump. I guess that his knowledge of automotive alliances and that he is no stranger to Daimler helps

More here

Last edited by ajmat : 2nd September 2014 at 20:38.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 13:16   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan's Andy Palmer resigns to take over as CEO of Aston Martin

Carlos Ghosn is only 60 years old and has some fire in his belly. There's no way Palmer would ever become the no.1 at Nissan with Ghosn around. I'm sure it must be fun working on such a prestigious brand too.

On a lighter note, good thing Palmer won't be around to see how off the mark this statement of his was:

Quote:
Aiming 10% market share in India: Nissan's Andy Palmer

Read more at: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...ce=ref_article
Related Thread: Link
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 13:40   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Carlos Ghosn is only 60 years old and has some fire in his belly. There's no way Palmer would ever become the no.1 at Nissan with Ghosn around. I'm sure it must be fun working on such a prestigious brand too.

On a lighter note, good thing Palmer won't be around to see how off the mark this statement of his was:

Related Thread: Link
Frankly, that is Carlos Ghosn's target which he had to align to. Palmer will have more fun no doubt but I hope he focuses on the back end operations rather than imparting dull design sense from Nissan
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 19:37   #4
BHPian

Hello Gentlemen,

Isn't Nissan into the number game and Aston Martin into a niche clientele? So would it be a good move to hire an EVP from a number business to CEO of luxury brand. I mean the ideologies of these two companies vary hence will reflect on their experience and skillsets.
The way I see, CEO role is mainly to keep the company's perception alive in public. Anyways, I just hope Aston Martin remains a beauty for many years to come.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks