Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2014, 09:05   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

I somehow feels it's a design mismatch though. Sleek frond end and rather bulky rear. May be - will take time to soak in.
Agree.
Rear looks American (dodge fordish), side looks French(citroenesque), while the front does manage to look Italian, but like the other one

This doesn't look like a bull.
At least, not like anything since the countach.
Old 2nd October 2014, 09:32   #17
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit choudhary View Post
attaching a few pictures of the asterion,the silhoutte somehow gives me a de tomaso pantera feeling.
Looks like Lambo has totally lost it post Aventador. This looks like a Lambo-fied Panamera:banghead:
Old 4th October 2014, 12:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

re: Lamborghini teases new car - UPDATE: 4-seater Hybrid 'Asterion' Unveiled

Does anyone reckon that Audi are putting the spoilers in the Lamborghini design office? This looks good no doubt but it just doesnt shout out the brand name properly. The practicality in the design makes it shy away from being called a pure lamborghini.
Old 4th October 2014, 18:59   #19
BHPian

This in no way looks like a proper Lamborghini, even for that matter a classic Lamborghini. There is just no hint anywhere that its a lambo except maybe the nose. Anyway this is the the first hybrid Lamborghini packing the 607hp V10 from the Huracan and a 220kW~300bhp electric motor to fill in the gaps in the torque curve. It can do 30miles in pure electric mode and a combined average of 282mpg(which is ridiculous) . It therefore packs 907 HP they are calling it the Asterion 910-4. Also it weighs it seems close to 1800kgs with close to 300 kgs only because of the batteries placed along the spine of the car.
Source http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/l...show-2014-10-1

Last edited by Shanksta : 4th October 2014 at 19:04.
Old 4th October 2014, 19:59   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
This in no way looks like a proper Lamborghini, even for that matter a classic Lamborghini. There is just no hint anywhere that its a lambo except maybe the nose.
I beg to differ.

Have you not seen pictures of the Lamborghini Espada, Jarma or the Urraco? All of them have long snouts and short fastback-like posteriors. It has Lambo written all over it. Sure, it's toned-down in comparison to modern Lamborghinis. But it still has distinct classic-Lambo design cues while embracing modernity.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 20:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I beg to differ.

Have you not seen pictures of the Lamborghini Espada, Jarma or the Urraco? All of them have long snouts and short fastback-like posteriors. It has Lambo written all over it. Sure, it's toned-down in comparison to modern Lamborghinis. But it still has distinct classic-Lambo design cues while embracing modernity.
Yes , it has the long snout short fasback posteriors of the Espada, Jarama and Urraco but those cars had something Lambo about them, their looks made you get excited. But even though they have managed to bring back that classy silhouette in this time and age, somehow to me looks like it just doesn't have that magic about it when it comes to the looks. I still maintain not an amazing looking Lambo, but yes it is good to look at!! Period!
Old 7th October 2014, 10:37   #22
BHPian

This Asterion is supposed to be close to a million dollars right? Then why doesn't it look like a million bucks? This looks more like a 80,000$ GT car Lotus had come up with.
IMO they should have stuck with Estoque and given that the 907bhp hybrid power train. Now that was a good concept. Shame it didn't happen.
Old 7th October 2014, 16:46   #23
Team-BHP Support

I'm not a huge fan of the Miura's design... there, I said it!

However, I'm surprised that no one here (most of whom seem to love the Miura) like the Asterion. I see it as an o-k representation of a modern Miura. Look at the similarities:

Lamborghini teases new car - UPDATE: 4-seater Hybrid 'Asterion' Unveiled-10716012_10205068910388283_1285763109_n.jpg

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks