Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2015, 11:46   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Ford EcoSport Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
From the photos, the length has not gone up. The quarter glass/C pillar still look small implying no change in length.
The other point to ponder about: :

With the spare wheel gone, a hatch type lift door for rear? I tried to look for indications for change in the picture. But could not spot any conclusively.
Old 5th February 2015, 15:50   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
With the spare wheel gone, a hatch type lift door for rear? I tried to look for indications for change in the picture. But could not spot any conclusively.
Remember reading that the door mechanism will remain the same. This should be for the European market where the door-mounted spare wheel styling was so heavily criticised.
Old 5th March 2015, 10:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

The one model wonder for Ford India has just been revealed in its facelifted avatar at the ongoing Geneva motor show. The first and most prominent change, will be the option for customers to buy the EcoSport without the exposed spare wheel on the tail-gate. Vehicles without the spare wheel get a tyre mobility kit as standard, along with a revised rear swing-gate that enables easier partial opening when limited space is available.

On the inside, changes include a restyled instrument cluster featuring a chrome surround and light dimmer, chrome tips for the window switches and a repositioned handbrake lever. The interior is also spruced up by a 4-inch colour display, charcoal black lower instrument panel, centre console and door boards, while partial leather seats will come as standard on Titanium models.

NVH levels are also said to improve with thicker sound deadening materials in the doors and dashboard, along with tighter seals around the pedals. Later this year, Ford will equip the EcoSport with SatNav and a rear view camera. The facelift also adds the winter pack (select markets only) that adds a heated windscreen, heated mirrors and heated front seats.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Scoop! Ford EcoSport Facelift-ecosport2.jpg

Scoop! Ford EcoSport Facelift-ecosport1.jpg

Scoop! Ford EcoSport Facelift-ecosport3.jpg

Last edited by Tushar : 5th March 2015 at 10:32.
Tushar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 10:42   #34
Team-BHP Support

Only when the spare wheel is removed does one realise that it was the saving grace of the Ecosport. Without it, the Ecosport looks every bit a jacked up hatch.

The spare wheel gave it the pseudo SUV look and it helped the Ecosport look longer hence larger than it actually was.

Now it looks like a proper compact crossover of a hatch!

Interior upgrades are welcome though. Hopefully the suspension has been softened up.
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 12:33   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Only when the spare wheel is removed does one realise that it was the saving grace of the Ecosport. Without it, the Ecosport looks every bit a jacked up hatch. Now it looks like a proper compact crossover of a hatch!
I'd also add that the other thing that sets the EcoSport apart is that there isn't actually an equivalent hatchback car with the same styling/appearance. If such a car existed, people would easily see the underlying hatch when they see the EcoSport (I experience this when I look at the Toyota Cross and Polo).
Old 5th March 2015, 20:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully the suspension has been softened up.
The original article does say that "the suspension has been retuned with a revised rear twist beam, and revised spring and damper rates....." which I hope implies that. In my opinion, it can't come a day too soon to India. My recent test drive has left me both shaken, and stirred.
Old 6th March 2015, 00:38   #37
BHPian

Close enough.. Scoop! Ford EcoSport Facelift-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425582457.800139.jpg
Old 6th March 2015, 01:17   #38
BHPian

Ha ha.. Without the spare wheel, Now it's a proper hatchback on steroids.
Old 6th March 2015, 10:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post

Close enough..
Woah Rajiv0909, if that's your ride, then it is !!

I am not a big fan of chrome/silver and the F/L Ecosport just does not cut it for me.

Can you please post some more (many more ) pics of your Ecosport that you have posted above ? Looks Smashing.
Old 15th March 2015, 07:12   #40
BHPian

Is there any news about the timeline for introduction into India? This is a very messy and intimidating state for people looking to book a new car here when internationally this car is declared outdated!
Old 6th April 2015, 16:59   #41
Team-BHP Support

The facelifted EcoSport has been spotted in India. Please continue all discussions in the new thread.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks