Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2015, 23:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
i8 never appealed to me for different reasons though, maybe bcos of 350ish ponies/4.2 sec. 340i hits 60 in 4.6 sec! Agreed, both are different cars but then my perspective of a sports car is, 0-60, Exhaust note, daily driver, brand exclusivity. My idea of Japanese making a sports car is affordability and low maintenance. GTR launched at 69K doing 0-60 in 3 sec back in 2009 was a steal especially for the car being so heavy. The only reason GTR is off the list is for its bone rattling drive that doesn't make it a good daily driver but I would love to have it.

I would have pulled trigger on NSX if it were around 110-120K decently loaded. I'm looking at 911 4S, AMG GTS, Cayman GT4, M4..

Agreed. But I was talking about HYBRID sports cars. I don't think there's any other contender at present in the market.

And man, I envy you! That is one hell of a dilemma you are in. For us lesser mortals it is so easy to pick one in the head, but when it comes down to actually putting down your own hard earned money, that should be quite a few sleepless nights.
And have to admit, there hasn't been a better era to buy cars in. The diversity and choices are mind boggling!
All the best for your purchase and please do make an ownership thread.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 01:00   #17
BHPian

Re: Rebirth of an Icon: Next generation Acura / Honda NSX unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Agreed. But I was talking about HYBRID sports cars. I don't think there's any other contender at present in the market.

And man, I envy you! That is one hell of a dilemma you are in. For us lesser mortals it is so easy to pick one in the head, but when it comes down to actually putting down your own hard earned money, that should be quite a few sleepless nights.
You are right about Hybrid sports cars and NSX in that price range!
Every time I thought of getting a sports car, there were some life changing events; having the first kid got me into an X5 and the second one into a GL450. I've never been this close to getting one It was M4 all this time but as you said when the time comes to put the money down, you think and think for a long time to make sure you are 100% sure.

Yes, I'll start the ownership thread if things go as planned.
Old 29th November 2015, 10:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
All the best for your purchase and please do make an ownership thread.
Shyn, Took delivery of a 911 4S yesterday. Its a metallic blue. Will start owner thread with more pics after thanksgiving week.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of an Icon: Next generation Acura / Honda NSX unveiled-img_3499.jpg  

VIPER_SRT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 11:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Shyn, Took delivery of a 911 4S yesterday. Its a metallic blue. Will start owner thread with more pics after thanksgiving week.

Woah! She looks absolutely beautiful! Congratulations man. That blue looks really good. Looking forward to your thread.
Old 23rd December 2016, 11:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Acura NSX returns as gas-electric hybrid

After a 12-year absence, the Acura NSX returns for 2017 as the first gasoline-electric hybrid supercar, mixing exotic looks and sports-car handling with the latest engine and electric power technology.

A twin-turbo V-6 behind the seats works in tandem with electric motors between the front wheels and at the back of the car to generate 573 horsepower and 476 foot-pounds of torque, all while wearing the fuel-efficiency crown for a high-performance, gasoline-powered sports car.

The federal government rates the 2017 NSX at 21 miles per gallon in city driving and 22 mpg on highways, which is a 17 per cent improvement over the last NSX. These mileage ratings help the 2017 NSX avoid the federal government's gas guzzler tax and surpass pricey, two-seat supercar competitors - such McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Mercedes-Benz.

But the new NSX is more than a fuel-efficient sports car. The electric motors that independently drive the left and right front wheels also provide torque vectoring for all-wheel drive taken to a new level of cornering precision. The electric power adds fast off-the-line starts, then smoothly transitions to robust engine power. And every tap of the accelerator brings instantaneous torque from the electric motors, too, so the NSX feels quick and responsive across a wide driving range.

With a starting manufacturer's suggested retail price, including destination charge, of $157,800, the 2017 NSX undercuts many competitors, but the price can exceed $200,000 upon adding options such as carbon fiber pieces and carbon-ceramic brake rotors.

On sight, the NSX has a low-slung, sleek body. Ground clearance is just 3.7 inches, and driver and passenger drop low into the sculpted seats, where they are perfectly positioned to look at the tailpipes of trucks and SUVs ahead of them. Drivers must watch that they don't bump the low NSX nose as they enter driveways.

At 87.3 inches wide, the NSX's cabin feels wider and roomier than expected. Legroom maxes out at a decent 42.8 inches, and headroom is a good 38.3 inches.

Strong engine sounds emanate from behind the seats where the mid-mounted engine resides. But there's a "quiet" drive mode that tries to keep the car on silent electric-only power if the driver can creep along at less than 20 mph.

Good luck with driving this car that slow: The 3.5-litre, double overhead cam, twin-turbocharged V-6 is longitudinally placed and is visible, under its engine cover, under the glass of the rear window. The engine, which is new for Acura and its parent company, Honda, has both direct injection for regular fuel delivery and port injection for additional power in high-performance driving.

It's mated to a nine-speed, dual-clutch transmission that can be driven like a typical automatic or shifted manually by the driver without the need for a clutch pedal.
The NSX rides firmly, feels solidly planted to the road and conveys even subtle road imperfections inside to the driver and passengers. Many bumps come through as vibrations, but some can be jarring.

The car stays amazingly flat in turns and curves, and while it can dart aggressively through a slalom, it doesn't feel lightweight. The new NSX weighs 3,800 pounds, some 600 more than its predecessor, because of its electric motors and lithium ion battery pack.

The NSX controls on the dashboard look like they were pulled out of another Acura. As an example, the NSX doesn't have an enlarged, vertically positioned display screen, like a computer tablet, the way such screens are in McLarens, the latest Volvos and the Tesla Model S.

The NSX also doesn't decouple the suspension and engine controls to allow drivers to mix and match their drive experience the way that a McLaren does.
Source
Old 23rd December 2016, 11:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

NSX has been launched down under at an exorbitant $400K+ price tag!!!!
No wonder, i havent seen even a single one out on road!!!!
Old 7th October 2017, 09:50   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Acura is finally and thankfully, moving away from those garish chrome grille design. The 2018 designs are looking aggressive and big.

Rebirth of an Icon: Next generation Acura / Honda NSX unveiled-2018rlx.jpg
Rebirth of an Icon: Next generation Acura / Honda NSX unveiled-acura2018a.jpg

( image source: mailer from Acura )
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 08:35   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Acura has released this video of the air-flow on the NSX:

condor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks