Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:27   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The first thing that strikes you is its size - it looks noticably larger than the outgoing model.

The second thing that strikes you is its resemblance to the Accord.

The third thing that strikes you is that enormous front chrome treatment.
Spot on!
It indeed looks more like a mini Accord crosstour.

Little dissapointed with the rear though, maybe because the one I saw was the LX and its shoes were not taking up the wheel arch space well.

The linings given along the wheel arches were also looking pretty non Honda'ish.

Overall, the futuristic appeal of the 8th gen Civic is nowhere to be seen. Definitely better than the 9th gen, but am afraid to say, this one looks just like 'another car' in the market, albeit a better one.

Couple of quick snaps.
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-civic-1.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-civic-2.jpg
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 13:57   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: 10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed

The front grille chrome treatment actually grows on you. It takes time to get used to though. I love the new interiors. Very premium.

So it looks like India gets the BRV and the Accord this year. Accord Hybrid is also gong to be on offer apparently. Hopefully, we will see the Civic make a comeback next year or in 2018.
Old 4th February 2016, 20:50   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Stops 2016 Civic Sales, Might Announce Recall -The action affects models equipped with the 2.0-liter four-cylinder unit and has nothing to do with the 1.5-liter turbo mill.

Quote:
Honda issued a stop sale last week, as the 2016 Civic vehicles apparently suffer from a condition that might lead to engine failure
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivicrecall.jpg

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/02/hon...les-might.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th February 2016 at 20:52.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 14:24   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Civic seen in Indonesia.
Quote:
Based on spec Civic Thailand, chances are there are only 2 choices of engines for the Civic Indonesia, namely 1800 cc non-turbo from Civic FB is now a slightly optimized and 1500 cc VTEC Turbo was the first present to the Asean market
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-capture.jpg
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-1.jpg

http://autonetmagz.com/all-new-honda...muflase/40239/
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 10:46   #80
BHPian

Is there at all any confirmation whether this will be coming to India?
This segment has become pretty dry, with only Octavia, Jetta and Corolla Altis. We need some good alternatives and I really pray that sense prevails in Honda to bring this to India.

It would be good if anyone has any info on this as I am eagerly waiting for this car. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Old 30th April 2016, 00:57   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Is there at all any confirmation whether this will be coming to India?
This segment has become pretty dry, with only Octavia, Jetta and Corolla Altis. We need some good alternatives and I really pray that sense prevails in Honda to bring this to India.

It would be good if anyone has any info on this as I am eagerly waiting for this car. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
I think there is:
https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...m_content=news
Old 1st May 2016, 23:38   #82
BHPian

I hope they bring this to India soon. It is a nice car, I bought this for the new coupe design and new technology with little more power than the outgoing model. Love the new digital cluster. Getting used to the low seating after driving SX4.

I have got the recall letter, will be fixing it next week, think this is only for the car in January batch.
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:33   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Civic R crashes in Nürburgring .

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 12:46   #84
Senior - BHPian

Honda India doesn't have any plans to get the Civic here. Atleast not in 2017. Their main focus is the BRV and City. They're looking for volumes now.
Old 3rd June 2016, 21:29   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

For China,

Honda Civic 2017 is caught with a 1.0 engine i-VTEC turbo -129 horsepower and maximum torque kgfm 20.3, despite the nomenclature "turbo 180".

Quote:
Compared to the 1.5 turbo the appearance does not change much, except for the absence of fog lights, alloy wheels rim 16.1″ and external mirrors in black color, in addition to the 180 "Turbo" emblem-the 1.5 has 220 Turbo "emblem", in reference to 220 nm torque.

Inside the model spotted, that will be the version of entry in China, are present electronic parking brake, manual gear, wheel multifunction, sound system and conventional key match
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivic1_0turbo01670x462.jpg
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivic1_0turbo02670x461.jpg
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivic1_0turbo05670x447.jpg
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivic1_0turbo03.jpg

http://carplace.uol.com.br/novo-hond...tor-1-0-turbo/
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 22:20   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Civic spotted at its Rajasthan plant.
Quote:
The car has been brought down for testing but the launch timeframe isn’t clear yet.
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2017hondacivicfront.jpg
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2017hondacivicinteriors.jpg
Quote:
Since the international spec model will undergo some changes to make the car fit for sale in India, not much can be commented on what the finished product will be like. It will however, retain most of the styling features with maybe a few chrome additions, to suite Honda’s design language for its Indian cars.
https://www.motorbeam.com/2016/06/ca...n-plant-scoop/

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th June 2016 at 22:23.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 00:44   #87
Team-BHP Support

Aw man, that startup display on the cluster looks kickass!

Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 18:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

Took the test drive of both NA 2.0 and Turbo 1.5 RS in Dubai.

The Turbo 1.5 is the car to have if some one is looking for complete FUN. The NA 2.0 is for those who still want a civic as a family car.

The ALL NEW Civic is a gem of car with a complete evolution over the last generation.

95000 Dirhams is little over the top for the Turbo 1.5.

In contrast, FORD also launched its Fiesta with 1.6 Turbo.
Old 13th June 2016, 23:16   #89
BHPian

Is it me or does it feel like Honda took inspiration of the City tail lights from the F30 3series and now the bodyline of the Civic from the GTs. Even the head lights are making love to the grill.

Anyway car looks hot in the flesh. The previous gen (not sold here) had a much nicer interior design and quality. Looking forward to drive the 1.5T later this year.
Old 3rd July 2016, 05:47   #90
Senior - BHPian

Test drove one here in Melbourne yesterday and the comparison was my Mazda 3 SP25 GT. Good things first, the 1.5 litre engine even though turbocharged doesnt have too much lag. Anything over pretty much the idle rpm and the engine is responsive. The big disappointment however is the gearbox which is still CVT and no matter what Honda says the rubber band effect is still pretty much there. Mash the accelerator into the floor and the increase in noise does not correspond to the increase in speed at first until eventually the CVT catches up. The best way to drive the car then is to be linear with the throttle. The ride and handling is nicely judged but its more skewed towards ride than handling which basically suits the character of the car. Easy going and comfortable than outright fun.

The best bit about the car though may be the interiors for some but not me since I like classy and simple than futuristic. I do not like the instruments drawn on a LCD screen I want them to be analogue and in my Mazda atleast the Tacho is of the analogue variety. There is a reason why even in the most recent BMW's, the instrumentation is analogue. Make no mistake though, the space inside is huge! Even the space between the front seats in large and that is partly due to the fact that even the handbrake is electric! Another annoyance! Another peculiar thing is that the instrumentation LCD seemed sharper than the multimedia LCD in the central console. Infact the LCD in the central console is pretty poor quality and Honda's insistence at using touch controls for the system is neither convincing nor convenient. Even the volume control on the steering wheel is touch sensitive and this one has its own little annoyances!

http://www.edmunds.com/honda/civic/2...f-its-own.html

I like Mazda MZD connect system a lot since you can use it as a touchscreen when standing still making it much more convenient to enter GPS addresses since you have a full qwerty touch keyboard at disposal and a BMW like command controller when on the move since the touch screen is disabled. That said Honda's system does everything including Apple car play and the interface is pretty quick. It also had two USB ports and even an HDMI port. I just wish the screen was better quality and the same goes for the rear backup camera too. But to its credit it does have dynamic guidelines and 3 different views. I am surprised at how good the rear camera in my Mazda is in comparison but it only comes with static guidelines. I guess you cannot have everything.

Another huge disappointment was the Audio system which advertises a 10 speaker system with a separate Sub Woofer. The fact is it does not walk the talk. It does not sound good. Period. The bass is simply not there unless you are listening at high volumes and even if it is there, its muddied and the lower frequencies simply do not play as nice. I asked them to let me have a look at the so called subwoofer and lo and behold instead of having a separate enclosure to mount the sub woofer, it is instead mounted on the rear parcel shelf with the other two speakers! Mazda 3 with Bose audio instead has a 9 speaker system which sounds infinitely better with a caveat - if you do not listen at more than 75% of the volume. It has 230mm speakers (Subwoofers is Bose Speak) in the front doors, 130mm in rear doors, 80mm center channel, 60mm rear deck speakers and a 60mm full range on the left and right of the dashboard.

Also disappointing is the metal build quality which feels tinny and cheap and I cannot forgive the doors which have the window frame welded on the base instead of being stamped out of a single panel of steel! To know what I am on about have a look at this video

What else - the car looks futuristic on the outside, the LED lamps are also nice and bright but I cannot help the feeling that this design is not going to age as good as the one of the erstwhile Indian Civic.

Net Net given an option, I would still go for the Mazda 3 SP25 GT - the large 2.5 liter direct injected high compression petrol is both fast and fuel efficient and makes more torque than even the 1.5 liter Honda engine but at a higher 3200 rpm, the transmission is a 6 speed based on a torque converter set up which means increase in engine speed means corresponding increase in road speed without lag, the interiors to me are much more classy with proper analogue controls for things such as climate control and the multimedia system when compared to the Honda and even though it is short on the number of features it sounds and operates much better. The equipment list is also pretty much the same with both trading blows one way or the other but I cannot help but feel that Mazda trumps the Honda when it comes to the actual usage of the same. I am kind of disappointed especially after reading glowing reviews of the Civic everywhere else. I cannot fathom why Mazda is not in India especially when for such a small car company they make such good cars.

P.S. Also test drove the all new Mazda CX-9 and man that thing is awesome!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 3rd July 2016 at 05:49.
extreme_torque is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks