Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2015, 12:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Renault developing 7-seater replacement for the Koleos

Crossovers and compact/mid size SUVs are contributing to the sales of several automakers. French car maker Renault has recognized this fact and has seen models like the Duster garner strong numbers worldwide. After revealing the Kadjar in February, Renault is reportedly working on a new 7-seater SUV that will replace the Koleos, specifically in Asian markets.

The SUV in question will be placed below the Espace MUV in terms of positioning and the name will most likely start with a C or K - staying in line with Renault's naming strategy for the segment. According to the report by AutoExpress, the new model will make its debut in 2017 and will be underpinned by the Renault-Nissan CMF platform. While the SUVs design is a long while away from being revealed, Renault's corporate design VP - Laurens van den Acker, says the crossover will retain familiar Renault styling cues.

If brought to India, rivals for the 7-seater will include the likes the Honda CR-V, Hyundai Santa Fe, along with models like the new Toyota Fortuner, upcoming Chevrolet Trailblazer and Ford Endeavour.

(Vehicle in image is the Renault Kadjar.) Renault's corporate design VP says the 7-seater will feature similar styling cues.
Renault developing 7-seater replacement for the Koleos-renaultkadjar.jpg
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 00:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault developing 7-seater replacement for the Koleos

A friend of mine at Renault has mentioned that they're preparing to launch a 7 seater MPV soon to rival the Innova in terms of space and features. This will be a premium version with automatic as an option. Even the price range will be similar to Innova.

Disclaimer: The authenticity of the news is not verified. I'm just sharing what I heard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks