Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2015, 10:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next gen Fiat Linea - likely debut in May via Istanbul Motor Show

Given the beating Fiat brand has taken in India and their virtually non existent brand equity (except for some die hard fans), Fiat probably shouldn't bother bringing this to India.

Fiat cars are good (i owned a Palio once), but their apathy towards customers and their obstinate refusal to respond to market forces means that they are as good as dead in India. Case in point it their shocking decision to not get the 1.6 MJD in the new linea and the Avventura. also, there is hardly any marketing for the Avventura. In most respects its a better product than the i20 crossover, but i have seen a total of two Avventuras in Gurgaon to date whereas i see at least one new i20 crossover every day in Gurgaon.
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 11:24   #17
BHPian

I hope the car comes to India soon and the service network develops! With my limited experience with fiat cars, and the multitudes of reviews I have read here, I wish the network would improve, and we get to see more of FIATs on road!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th May 2015 at 09:28. Reason: Punctuation. Please pay attention while posting. Thanks!
Old 8th May 2015, 12:14   #18
BHPian

Fiat Cars have always been different unique and in a way stylish. Even though I haven't owned any, I am a big fan of Linea and Punto, and of course the old Palio.

Linea with respect to the recent face-lift, was not up to the mark. I think it lost its Italian Big Grill identity with that face-lift. But when it came to the refreshed punto Evo, it has been classic.

An updated/refreshed Linea was anyway needed as ones now on the road looks a generation old. With the picture above, things looks promising and am really excited to see the next gen Linea.
Old 8th May 2015, 13:31   #19
BHPian

Being a highly satisfied Punto owner for the past 6 years, i sure hope that the mandarins in Fiat India get their India strategy in place. They have the cars, but their sales and support just dont seem to be in tune with the market. Just find it hard to understand. Are they so happy with the MJD engine sales that they dont want to sell their cars now!
I for one do hope that Fiat gets its act in place and does get the refreshed Linea over to India. They have a potential buyer in me!
Old 11th May 2015, 09:07   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey

Fiat 'Linea' replacement now shows its interiors.
Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey-img_6151.jpg
Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey-img_6148.jpg

Quote:
The interior takes some solutions already seen the latest models in the range as the top of the dashboard with the system Uconnect , the multifunction steering wheel and the zone climate controls taken by 500X. The instrument cluster will be traditional and coatings and finishes look good quality. Center console with very traditional gear lever with adjacent entrances USB and AUX.
http://www.carpassion.it/30083/fiat-...degli-interni/
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 11:44   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey

New set of Spy pics emerge from Italy ,

Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey-fiatcompactsedan3.jpg
Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey-fiatcompactsedan2.jpg
Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey-fiatcompactsedan6.jpg
Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey-newfiatcompactsedannewfiatlineainteriorspied.jpg

http://www.clubalfa.it/9918-fiat-com...foto-spia.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th May 2015 at 11:51.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 07:58   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Fiat Saloon that will replace the ageing Linea being spied again.

Quote:
They are understood to be based on the same platform as the current Fiat 500L MPV and will be built in Turkey. The transmissions will mirror those of the 500L. The styling of the hatchback shows a strong family resemblance to the current Grande Punto.

It’s also thought these new - and as yet unnamed - models will emphasise exceptional interior space and overall practicality. They are likely to be cheaper than typical C-segment rivals
Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey-fiatspypics2015001.jpg
Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey-fiatspypics2015002.jpg
Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey-fiatspypics2015003.jpg
Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey-fiatspypics2015004.jpg

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...potted-testing
Old 20th May 2015, 12:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
However, India and Latin America will continue to offer the outgoing version for another two years.
...suffer you mean?
The 100000 engines that they are doling out to the other manyfacturers in India a year, 18 or 19 at last count in terms of models using the 1.2L Diesel from the Punto... ensures that they will not bring a 'absolute winner' like the 1.6 or 1.9L Diesel to the Linea and kill off the competition...
IF Indians buy the Fiat inspite of all the quality and ASS complaints, for the 1.9L Diesel Linea, they may sell their kids and buy it.

But there is something sinister about the 'third world manner' in which they treat this market.
Old 20th May 2015, 16:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

The AC vents in this new Linea are too low down in the dash. Are they planning to cool the gear lever & the driver's hands?

Last edited by amit : 20th May 2015 at 16:11.
Old 7th June 2015, 07:33   #25
Team-BHP Support

Re: Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey

The Fiat Aegea has been unveiled in Turkey. Please continue the discussion in this thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks