Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 01:21   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!

We have grown up watching Fast & Furious movies. The cars are the "Real Heroes" of the F&F Franchise.

FAST 7 is releasing this week & i thought il compile the best cars from the entire Fast & Furious Series with their specs & special modifications done for the movie.

Fast & Furious;

1) Mitsubishi Eclipse;

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-1.jpg

Though this car plays a minor role in the movie but it absolutely grabbed our attention after all it was Brian O Connor's 1st ride

The car The Eclipse used for the film was rented from LA tuner John Lapid. Also, the car used for close-up shots wasn't actually turboed. Appearance mods include a nonfunctional roof scoop, RoboCar Aero Armor Eclips body kit, ARP GT2 wing, 1997-spec Eclipse headlights, and Se7en 180 Axis Sport Tuning rims.

2) Toyota Supra;

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-2.jpg

^ Remember this iconic moment when the Supra beat that Ferrari, every BOY racer would have felt proud of that Supra here

Brian O'Conner's Charger-beater, which he then gave Dom Toretto so he could get away from the cops after Jesse got shot. The Charger was the star of the show, but this Supra was a close second. It was rented from the technical advisor on the film, Craig Lieberman. Performance mods include a 2JZ 3.1 engine swap, Turbonetics T-66 ball-bearing turbo & Delta II wastegate, RPS stainless steel/HTC-coated custom header, NOS 100-hp NOS system, AEBS turbo downpipe, GReddy Power Extreme Exhaust, Pro-Fec B boost controller, Airinx intake, Clutchmasters stage III racing clutch, an 11-pound billet flywheel. and an Eibach coilover suspension. Appearance mods include M5Tuners 19" Dazzle Racing Hart rims, and custom graphics.

3) 1970 Dodge Charger;

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-3.jpg

Dom Toretto's baby the 1970 Charger. It was a 426 Hemi used in the close ups. Where as the rest were big block 440s.

A total of 4 Chargers were at their dispose while filming.

2 Fast 2 Furious;

Skyline GTR;

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-4.jpg

^ Every BOY racers dream, aint it !

At the beginning of the movie, Brian O'Conner shows up in this R34, which is his personal car. Engine is a twin turboed 2.6-liter RB26DETT block with Nitrous Express in-car nitrous system, intercooler and bracketry, as well as a K&N Filter ram air upgrade kit. Suspension mods include Goldline lowering springs and JIC Magic-supplied adjustable shocks. Appearance mods include a C-West/MotoRex body kit, Flexivity rear wing, and HRE 446 19" rims. In case you're wondering how an AWD car could do some stunts, the front driveshaft was disconnected prior to filming so the rear wheels could spin. Also, the jump sequence broke the oil pan and blew out all the tires. Don't try that at home.

Mitsubishi Evo VII;

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-5.jpg

Brian O'Conner's racing whip. Although it was an Evo VII, Mitsubishi fitted it with Evo VIII taillights. Engine is a turboed 2-liter DOHC 16-v 4G63 inline 4 with nitrous. Appearance mods include a DAMD body kit, ARC rear wing, and Motegi Racing rims.

For more F&F cars, continue reading here: Source 1, Source 2

These are just a few cars that i felt like need to be mentioned and are some of my favourites out of all the movies yet released, you can add the ones i have missed to the list with the details of the same.

Fast 7 releasing on April 2, 2015 lets wait & watch what cars are in store for us this time. But honestly for me this time the only highlight in the movie is "Jason Statham", lets hope for the best guys !

Enjoy !

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st March 2015 at 14:24. Reason: Hi Karan, there's way too much copied content here, even with the source mentioned its unfair. Have reduced for fair-use.
karan561 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 01:46   #2
BHPian

re: Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!

The villain in the first one was driving an S2000. Let me see if I can pick the specs on that.

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2015 at 16:31. Reason: No sms language please
Jomz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 08:55   #3
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for sharing this Karan

Vin Diesel reminds me of someone on Team BHP. Not as chiseled, but with similar traits

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Fast 5;

Conquest Knight XV;

Only the "most extreme, badass truck on the planet" is good enough for Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson). Powered by a Ford 6.8L V10, the Knight XV is built as an armored vehicle from the ground-up, not armored after the fact. It's also all about the luxury on the inside. This combination of features may explain why its MSRP is $485,000. There's a less expensive civilian version available, as well, called the Armet Gurkha F5, which was marketed on the tails of the release of Fast Five because it looks very similar to its Knight XV big brother.
The first time I saw this movie and 'em escaping, my jaw was on the floor. Of every car shown, this is the one I want. I was instantly Google-ing this monster while watching the movie.

Hope something similar is shown in the next series.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 09:18   #4
BHPian

Don't forget mia's teg, vince's maxima, leon's yellow skyline, letty's 240sx, Johnny tran's s2000, Jesse's jetta and dom's rx7 in the first movie. Then the second film has Roman's ugly eclipse, the yenko camaro and the charger😉. The first three movies were the real car centered ones despite most of the cars being ricers.
b16h22 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 10:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Boy does this take me back, thanks a lot for the share! Still have a soft spot for the Eclipse because of this movie. In fact, in Need For Speed Underground 1, the Eclipse and R34 were my favourites because of the F&F series. I was 9 or 10 when the first movie came out. Got the VHS and watched it on loop. After 2 Fast 2 Furious stuff started drifting away (so to speak) from cars and became the far fetched stuff we all are probably expecting from Fast 7.

End of an era. Wonder if they plan to milk the franchise any further.

Last edited by Tushar : 31st March 2015 at 10:20.
Tushar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 11:39   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Remember this Honda Civic stunt ?

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-civic-stunt-.jpg

Simply loved these Civics for their stance & that green neons rest everything BLACK stealth look.

They first appear when they drive up to hijack a semi at the beginning of the film. There are a total of three Civics. They are last seen when Dominic and his crew attempt to hijack one more semi. However, the attempt fails and Letty's Civic flips over and Dom's Civic's engine blows with Leon's being the only Civic of the three to survive. They are equipped with green neon underglow lights and Vader-Style Bodykits along with black paintjobs. Inside of the car is a B-series 1.8 Spoon V-TEC engine and is equipped with a T66 Turbo with a Nitrous kit.

These Civics are worth a mention too i thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
The villain in the first 1 was driving an s2000. Let me see if I can pick the specs on that.
Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-s2000.jpg

You mean this car ?

Not much is known about this car other than red snowflake graphics along with a Veilside Bodykit. Cant find the engine specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

The first time I saw this movie and 'em escaping, my jaw was on the floor. Of every car shown, this is the one I want. I was instantly Google-ing this monster while watching the movie.

Hope something similar is shown in the next series.
Oh yes the Knight XV is huge indeed, i remember seeing it up close at GUMBALL event in Toronto few years back & it was just like a TANK.

Fast 7 should have this as Hobbs ride IMO, or something bigger ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
Don't forget mia's teg, vince's maxima, leon's yellow skyline, letty's 240sx, Johnny tran's s2000, Jesse's jetta and dom's rx7 in the first movie. Then the second film has Roman's ugly eclipse, the yenko camaro and the charger😉. The first three movies were the real car centered ones despite most of the cars being ricers.
Oh yes Doms RX7, that surely should be mentioned here as it won the 1st race of the franchise;

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-doms-rx7.jpg

Horsepower: 486(575 with nitrous)
0-60: 4.9 Seconds
Quarter Mile: 12.21 Seconds
Color: Red
Bodykit: VeilSide Body Kit
Tires: 18" Toyo Tires
Rims: VeilSide Rims
Engine: 1.3 Liters Twin rotor rotary engine
Engine Modifications: T78 Turbocharger "Sneaky Pete" under-seat nitrous system
Rear End Modifications: VeilSide Rear Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
End of an era. Wonder if they plan to milk the franchise any further.
I agree, proper racing movies were the first 3 parts only. Then they were just "action" flicks. Lets hope Jason Statham can give the 7th installment the required BOOST.
karan561 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 18:39   #7
BHPian

Re: Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!

Few other cars that are worth listing. No electronics, no ECUs / computers to decide what the car should do. Just pure mechanicals. Both these cars were shown in Fast & Furious 6. :

1. 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona. Used by Vin Diesel's character 'Dom Toretto'
Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-dodge-daytona-1969-f34.jpg

2. 1971 Jensen Interceptor - My personal favorite. Used by Michelle Rodriguez's character 'Letty Ortiz'.
Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-jensen-interceptor-r34-1971.jpg
Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-jensen-interceptor-s.jpg

Looking forward for the new movie. Hopefully, they get few more classic, no nonsense cars this time.
Crazy_cars_guy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 19:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:

You mean this car ?

Not much is known about this car other than red snowflake graphics along with a Veilside Bodykit. Cant find the engine specs.
Yeah, Nothing else is known except it had $100k under the hood.

Then there was suki's s2000 - which was pink!!! and had a veilside body kit. and Paxton supercharger which boosted the HP to 360.
Attached Thumbnails
Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-s2000_suki.jpg  

Jomz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 20:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Vin Diesel reminds me of someone on Team BHP. Not as chiseled, but with similar traits
Its's BlackPearl isn't it?

Veilside Mazda RX-7 from Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
How can I forget this car,the car with which Han taught Sean to drift? It has a Veilside Fortune kit. The engine is totally tricked out and the stock turbo was replaced for a larger HKS unit. The exhaust note sounded superb too. This car was bought by the FnF team from Veilside and they repainted it to Orange from Red. This car is, according to me, one of the most neatly modded cars in the series.
Attached Thumbnails
Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-thefastandthefurioustokyodriftcarofthedayveilsiderx720060613025718361.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2015 at 10:26. Reason: Typo
petrolhead_neel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 21:14   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Its's BlackPearl isn't it?

Veilside Mazda RX-7 from Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
How can I forget this car,the car with which Han taught Sean to drift? It has a Veilside Fortune kit. The engine is totally tricked out and tge stock turbo was replaced for a larger HKS unit. The exhaust note sounded superb too. This car was bought by the FnF team from Veilside and they repainted it to Orange from Red. This car is, according to me, one of the most neatly modded cars in the series.
This is my favourite car of the entire series I think, in addition to the Black Dodge Charger. The wheels, the curves on this thing are awesome and the scene where Han makes it go round the skyline is a beauty.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 21:41   #11
BHPian

I can't remember lusting after any car the way I do for that Interceptor. It has so much balance and poise about it.

To me, its the perfect culmination of all that's good about automobile aesthetics.

My dream garage would have an Interceptor, an '82 Quattro, a 61' Ferrari GT California, a '91 Merc E500, and a Fiat 500 Abarth. And except that Ferrari, the rest may actually be possible one day...

Oh! the dream!
Old 31st March 2015, 22:18   #12
BHPian

Saw some posters earlier today of Fast and Furious 7, thought i'd brush up on my fast and furious trivia, started with trying to name of each of the characters on the poster which went something like Letty, Dom, Brian, Rome, Tej and Mia.... I have to admit that the First 3 in the series were stellar.. don't know what to expect from the 7th part, cant wait..Cheers!!
Old 1st April 2015, 08:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

That Jensen Interceptor is my favourite. Just look at the profile of the car.

Another American muscle car which is not on the top ranks of the drool list, is the 1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS featured in the movie Faster.
Old 1st April 2015, 16:57   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Other few cars that are worth a mention here are;

Flip car / Custom Ramp Car;

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-fastfurious6photo517581s986x603.jpg

This car appeared in the Fast & Furious 6 movie & we all saw what its capable of.

This was powered by a LS3. Sadly they sounded like an F1 car instead of sounding like a muscle car in the movie.

Mitsubishi Evo VIII;

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-6.jpg

Wasn't it confusing to see an AWD Evo Drifting in F&F Tokyo Drift

In reality this was modded to be an RWD by disconnecting the front wheels from the drivetrain.

Other mods include Eibach springs, APR's wide-body kit and those oversize fenders were filled with 19-by-8.5-inch Ray's G-Games 99B wheels and Toyo Proxes T1R tires. Also modified were the steering knuckles for additional angle and upsized the brakes with Brembo discs and calipers.

2005 Volkswagen Touran;

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-k5ohsfzx47kapjz7jqpz.jpg

This was "Twinkies" ride in F&F Tokyo Drift IIRC.

The mod job clearly inspired by HULK.

1971 Nissan Skyline GTR;

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-u4uyzmgpfavvaypuzdkq.jpg

This rare & beautiful old school Skyline shows up in Fast 5

Knight XV;

Fast & Furious Cars: All you need to know about them!-10.jpg

The most BADASS truck from the entire F&F series had to belong to the brute HOBBS (Dwayne Johnson) in Fast Five.

This truck is powered by a 6.8L Ford V10 engine.

Source

Last edited by karan561 : 1st April 2015 at 16:59.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 18:45   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Other few cars that are worth a mention here are;

Flip car / Custom Ramp Car;

Attachment 1356203

This car appeared in the Fast & Furious 6 movie & we all saw what its capable of.

This was powered by a LS3. Sadly they sounded like an F1 car instead of sounding like a muscle car in the movie.
And the most screwed up part is Paul walker says it has some sort of le mans turbo diesel engine when they are back at their garage. Literally cringed in embarassement when I heard that. That was the only grouse I had with that movie.
nakul0888 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks