Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2015, 13:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
For all the demeaning and almost-racist 'ricer'/'asian' references in these posts, the original Cruze is a 100% ricer/asian product from GM Daewoo, most probably based on the original Daewoo Nubira platform.

The Chevy badge does not mean that it is American - both the Optra and the Cruze are based on original Daewoo designs worked over by the Americans.
First things first, the rant wasn't meant as a racist one, as I have already clarified. I only wished to highlight that the muscle carish looks have been replaced with a generic asian sedan look which is undeniable. You may like it and I may not.

As for the second part yes I am aware that it has a daewoo derived engine and so did the optra. GM was one of the earlier proponents of badge engineering with their cars like the Opel Astra, corsa, forester as well as the tavera What I did not know was that the Cruze was designed by the Koreans too.
noo.b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 13:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
For all the demeaning and almost-racist 'ricer'/'asian' references in these posts, the original Cruze is a 100% ricer/asian product from GM Daewoo, most probably based on the original Daewoo Nubira platform.

The Chevy badge does not mean that it is American - both the Optra and the Cruze are based on original Daewoo designs worked over by the Americans.

Erm hold up. When i said "look to asians for my upgrade" I meant I would be looking at Honda/Toyota/Hyundai for the upgrade because if not Cruze then might as well have a reliable, if not overly butch looking, car. And the Asian car makers are a reliable lot, yes ?

Not sure how that is racist...

Last edited by Rollingwheels26 : 26th June 2015 at 13:37. Reason: Typos
Rollingwheels26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 14:13   #33
BHPian

GM has completely lost the character of Cruze here. This looks like they have heavily influenced by the Honda Civic and Hyundai Fluidic design.
Old 26th June 2015, 18:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:

Also regarding the 'ricer' reference- http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rice+car

It's not a racist slur at all. So basically neither one of us was racist yet you cried 'wolf' ?

Sorry but I think that was a knee jerk reaction in line with how most of us Indians are quick to cry foul when there is none. No offence intended
Rollingwheels26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 18:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingwheels26 View Post
It's not a racist slur at all.
Well you're entitled to believe whatever you want, but that doesn't change the fact that it is very freely used in a derogatory manner.

What is funny however is that it is normally used by non-asians. AFAIK India is in Asia so the usage by people here is ludicrous first and derogatory only by implied reference.

It would be much simpler to avoid the use of terms coined by the caucasians to refer to a race that is similar to yours. No further comment.

Last edited by Steeroid : 26th June 2015 at 18:53.
Old 26th June 2015, 23:38   #36
BHPian

Judging by the Autocar video, there is certainly some "inspiration" from Elantra, however, its still a Cruze...and I would hold off any judgement until I or someone else test drive it in India.
Old 30th June 2015, 07:10   #37
BHPian

Although I loathed the looks in the beginning, the design kinda grew on me. Many cars which look odd in pics have a way of being impressive in real world. So better hold my judgements till I actually see one in flesh. Absolutely fantastic interiors there. Kinda remind me of the Maserati Ghibli interior, especially in that orange color.

But what's this about the 1.6 diesel? Comeon Chevy, cant believe you forgot that the Cruze is your pocket rocket! You gotta provide a 2.0 L diesel with some ridiculous power and torque figures. On the other hand, the news of a 1.6D does provide scope for some mouthwatering pricing. You better squeeze out atleast 140 odd ponies from that mill Chevy!
Old 30th June 2015, 07:48   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Please stay on topic and avoid any racist comments, however borderline. Any off-topic posts will be summarily deleted.
Old 11th January 2016, 22:10   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Cruze to be launched in Brazil.

Quote:
The sedan's debut is expected to happen in the first half, as the production in Argentina begins in February
Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-novocruzesedan20172620x463.jpg
Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-novocruzesedan20176620x465.jpg
Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-novocruzesedan20179620x465.jpg
Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-novocruzesedan20173620x433.jpg

http://carplace.uol.com.br/contato-n...nda-e-simples/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 14:51   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Cruze hybrid spied.

Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-chevroletcruzehybridsphoto.jpg
Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-chevroletcruzehybridspyphoto.jpg

Performance specifications remain unconfirmed but the model is expected to use either a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine from the Volt or a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine from the Malibu Hybrid. Regardless of which engine is used, it will be backed up by lithium-ion battery pack and at least one electric motor.

The Cruze Hybrid is expected to be introduced this spring with sales starting either late this year or early 2017.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11601181...the-first-time
Old 14th April 2016, 08:01   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Chevrolet will launch the new generation of Cruze in June/July to the Brazilian market as
Chevrolet begins to prepare its dealer network. The training of employees of sales and after sales begin in May.
Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-new_chevrolet_cruze.jpg

Built on top of the platform D2xx the new Cruze will be larger than the current and the design runs entirely seen in recent brand cars. The hood of the American model is wider and creased, the headlights will be narrower.
Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-new_chevrolet_cruze_3.jpg
Quote:
Em termos mecânicos o novo Cruze deverá contar com um novo motor 1.4 turbo com potência de até 150 cv na versão flex e torque aproximado de 24 kgfm. Já o câmbio manual de seis velocidades será mantido e o automático seis velocidades será substituído por um automatizado de dupla embreagem e sete marchas
Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-new_chevrolet_cruze_2.jpg

http://www.autossegredos.com.br/2016...mecam-em-maio/
Old 20th February 2017, 17:56   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Chevrolet has detailed the specifications of the all-new 1.6L Ecotec diesel engine which will power the new-gen Cruze in India when it is launched early next year.

Mated to a standard 6-speed manual transmission and an optional HydraMatic 9-speed AT, the Cruze's 1.6L oil-burner heart will pump out 138PS of max power and 325Nm of peak torque. This is a performance drop of 28PS and 35Nm over the outgoing 2.0L diesel engine (166PS/360Nm) which powered the previous-gen Cruze, and which is now on sale.

On the flipside though, it will have a rated fuel efficiency of 22 kmpl.

The other fuel option is a 1.4L turbocharged petrol which might be introduced in India as well, keeping the reducing demand for diesels in mind.

Chevrolet claims that the new-gen Cruze has shed some weight over it's predecessor due to the all-new platform that the Cruze now sits on, hence the reduced power/torque figures won't affect the driveability & performance of the new car.

RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 18:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

The new model looks very familiar to the Hyundai Verna.

With respect to the power; even the current 166 bhp with 360 Nm torque engine did not excite me; and I am comparing the drive to that of the VW Jetta / Skoda Octavia. For some reason; even though the power was more that both those cars, it did not feel as peppy and fun to drive as them.
Old 22nd July 2017, 20:16   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

General Motors has decided to pull out of India by the end of this year, but continue to test cars for export.
Now the new gen Cruze sedan and the Spin MPV are seen testing in India.

Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-newchevroletcruzeindia5.jpg
Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-newchevroletcruzeindia21.jpg
Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled-newchevroletspinspied2.jpg

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd July 2017 at 20:17.
Old 22nd July 2017, 20:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
General Motors has decided to pull out of India by the end of this year, but continue to test cars for export.
Now the new gen Cruze sedan and the Spin MPV are seen testing in India.

Attachment 1659569
Attachment 1659570
Attachment 1659571

link
Both these cars had potential in India. They should have launched them when they had some sales momentum and the previous Cruze was still appealing to enthusiasts. Absolute waste of an opportunity. Having said that, now they may as well not reconsider. The Cruze brand just like the Lancer from Mitsubishi was made inconsequential due to delayed decision making. Its not easy to get some momentum to begin with and to waste it like this is criminal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks