Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2015, 12:40   #31
BHPian

Re: Russian "Stop a Douchebag" movement disciplines errant drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Such acts are legally not allowed simply because 'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes'; "Who will guard the guards?", who is to be the judge of right or wrong.

I remember Delhi police had come out with a traffic warden scheme, which appointed people from all walks of life to help regulate traffic, however these wardens had started using the elevated status as a license to start breaking the very rules they were appointed to enforce. Don't know where they ended up with the scheme ultimately.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle1927902.ece
And that is the reason why I have not seconded it in its entirety, i.e. my support is subjected to terms and conditions !

Coming from a country, where, perpetually, the leaders are ready to provoke and the masses are ready to get provoked, I am well aware of the pervert consequences of any such law that arises from whims and fancies of an individual/group.

I was just theorizing why such acts of rabble rousing attract a lot of mass attention.
Old 24th November 2015, 19:25   #32
BHPian

Re: Russian "Stop a Douchebag" movement disciplines errant drivers

A guy got seriously injured in the latest video.
Sad to see that some people are willing to put other peoples' lives in danger just to save a couple minutes of their time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks