Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Mercedes E63 6 18.75%
BMW M5 24 75.00%
Audi S6 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 15:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok
Can you guess which one I'd choose?
I'd be danged if it's the E60.
Old 7th July 2006, 15:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm I think it would be anything but the M5. Right Ashok?

But yeah for me too it would have to be the M5 nothing comes close.
Old 7th July 2006, 16:58   #18
BHPian

I'd easily pick the E60.
The S6 is great, but its just too subdued and gets beaten in every aspect other than maybe the interior when compared to the E63 and M5. Now get a new RS6 into question and you're talking (not released yet but speculated to have around 550 bhp)

The E63? Well It'll be great, thats for sure, but the M5 has it beaten in every aspect other than maybe comfort. I like the style of the 5 more as its more 'my age'. The E is very classy looking, but I like the brash character of the M5.

P.S. - I'd choose the CLS63 over all three of these cars. It's just perfect. Amazing handling, lots of power, great comfort, and on top of that looks really really amazing.
Old 7th July 2006, 18:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess?
P.S. - I'd choose the CLS63 over all three of these cars. It's just perfect. Amazing handling, lots of power, great comfort, and on top of that looks really really amazing.
if the cls was a choice then it would be the best option but out of these three i would choose the E because i really dont like the looks of the m5. i am with rtech on this one most of these futuristic designs that are comming out now will get old real fast.

Last edited by heelntoe : 7th July 2006 at 18:05.
Old 7th July 2006, 19:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess?
I'd easily pick the E60.
The S6 is great, but its just too subdued and gets beaten in every aspect other than maybe the interior when compared to the E63 and M5. Now get a new RS6 into question and you're talking (not released yet but speculated to have around 550 bhp)

The E63? Well It'll be great, thats for sure, but the M5 has it beaten in every aspect other than maybe comfort. I like the style of the 5 more as its more 'my age'. The E is very classy looking, but I like the brash character of the M5.

I hope they change the CLS handling char to make it more sporty, but i guess that wouldnt happen, I drove the CLS 55 and didnt like the driving, drove the M5, and now that was COOL!!, thats y i said driving dynamics from the M5 and style from the CLS..that would be a great combo and like MPower said, we should have our prayers answered with the panemera..I sure hope so...

I hope the panemera is a good looking car..may be the Aston Rapide will do the same but at a much much higher price point..
Old 7th July 2006, 21:47   #21
BHPian

I'l take the merc any day.

the performance is too yummy to ignore ;-D
Old 7th July 2006, 21:55   #22
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
I think its just you
I'll take the M5 please
.... M5 for me too....
Old 8th July 2006, 08:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day

I hope the panemera is a good looking car..may be the Aston Rapide will do the same but at a much much higher price point..

I'm pretty sure the Panamera is going to be ugly, but will be a best seller, like what happened to the cayenne.

The Rapide I cannot wait to see. Along with CLS, Arnage and Quattroporte, it will be the most beautiful saloon car on sale today.
Old 8th July 2006, 16:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
I'm pretty sure the Panamera is going to be ugly, but will be a best seller, like what happened to the cayenne.

The Rapide I cannot wait to see. Along with CLS, Arnage and Quattroporte, it will be the most beautiful saloon car on sale today.
It won't be ugly. It'll be controversial, I hope.
Old 8th July 2006, 16:40   #25
BANNED

Audi is the car! S6 is a jewel.
Beemer is not for me! (I dont want to be Bangled)
Merc sits in between these 2.

For India, I'll choose Merc without any further questions.
Old 10th July 2006, 19:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:

You would choose the Merc E63 or AUDI S6, right?
Old 26th August 2006, 18:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

E63 vs M5 vs S6

[IMG]<a href=[/IMG]

Autobild tested the exotic three luxury sports machines, Mercedes E63 AMG, BMW M5 & Audi S6. The result was as follows:

1st place: MB E63 AMG
2nd place: Audi S6
3rd place: BMW M5

E63 is the best all-roundner - offering best balance between comfortable & sporty driving. Best engine sound. The most powerful engine, with mos proper transmission. Chasis & steering not as precise as M5, nor stabile like S6.

S6 has very good chasis offering ultra-strong grip & traction (especially in long & fast curves) due quattro, but is not fun to drive in short curves due to quattro & weight. Gearbox is good, but brakes are weak and suspension uncomfortable.

M5 has the sportiest engine, very fine tuned chasis offering best driving dynamic, the most precise steering. Best car for curves. 3rd place due SMG & iDrive (SMG too jerky & unfriendly for daily ride, 7-speed manual mode an over-kill, too many complicated settings: POWER, EDC, DSC & SMG; unintuitive iDrive).

[COLOR=#000000]http://www.autobild.de/test/neuwagen...rtikel_seite=0[/COLOR]
Old 26th August 2006, 18:18   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
M5 has the sportiest engine, very fine tuned chasis offering best driving dynamic, the most precise steering. Best car for curves.
Exactly! The M5 is my pick. Added a poll to your thread.
Old 26th August 2006, 18:44   #29
BHPian

Come on guys, what a daft comparison... the M5 is miles better.
Old 26th August 2006, 18:53   #30
BHPian

I'm a fan of M5, but I don't that M5 only can be the best at any time?..I totally disagree..try to accept the change..S6 has improved, E63 also improved a lot..M5 may improve..but at present the competitors is far better..so lets accept it..

Considering many aspects I vote for E63 & if there is a chance to vote for 2nd, I'll certainly give it to M5..

Most Viewed