Team-BHP - E63 vs M5 vs S6
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   E63 vs M5 vs S6 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/16423-e63-vs-m5-vs-s6.html)

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...ans/index.html
Audi S6, BMW M5 and Merc E63 AMG comparo.
May help you decide which will be your next car ;)

For me, it'll be the S6 any day. The car looks terrific, excellent AWD quattro system and a great V10.
Do they have the DSG in the S6?

The Merc is so dated. They should have taken the CLS55, or CLS63. Taking the E63 is stupid, because everything about that car is dated by executive car standards.

I'd pick the M5, I guess. Actually, if the CLS was in this test, I'd take that.

M5 for me (by the time i'm 35).......Beem me up Scotty.

The ultimate executive sedan...with 22inch matte black rims be nice...

I want someone to build me a car that looks exactly like the CLS with its exteriors and the driving dynamics of the M5 with a 997 Turbo like dynamic AWD system and a steering from the F430 ;)

Now am I really dreaming?? I guess...but this would be a perfect sedan, all else is just 2nd class..but in all these i would pick the M5..

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
The Merc is so dated. They should have taken the CLS55, or CLS63. Taking the E63 is stupid, because everything about that car is dated by executive car standards.

scuse me but the CLS, is an E class underneath!

this is all on bias and armchair judgement. Not of these cars are bad, it depends on what you ultimately want

Test drive, go figure then make a judgement

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Day
I want someone to build me a car that looks exactly like the CLS with its exteriors and the driving dynamics of the M5 with a 997 Turbo like dynamic AWD system and a steering from the F430

Now am I really dreaming?? I guess...but this would be a perfect sedan, all else is just 2nd class...

No need to dream anymore, our prayers will be answered. The car is called Porsche Panamera and will be landing in 2007/8. Expect it to debut at the Frankfurt auto salon in a couple months time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Day
I want someone .......the M5..

1day.. maybe you should ask DC to build you this dream car of yours!!lol:
Would HAVE to be the AUDI for me!

Quote:

I'd pick the M5, I guess. Actually, if the CLS was in this test, I'd take that.

DATED?? Yes, the design has been around for a few years.
Mechanically, it is no where near dated.

Quote:

LOL! The Merc was the winner of that particular test though!!

BTW, is it just me, or is the M5 begining to look bloated and maybe even a bit, dare I say it, dated now. That Bangled design just doesn't last long does it. Just a fad. I liked it in when it was launched, but now it's beginning to look a bit fugly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
BTW, is it just me, or is the M5 begining to look bloated and maybe even a bit, dare I say it, dated now. That Bangled design just doesn't last long does it. Just a fad. I liked it in when it was launched, but now it's beginning to look a bit fugly.

I think its just you rl:
I'll take the M5 please

the M5 any day, any time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech

I guess, I'm with you on this one.
Looks wise, the Merc is good and the Audi is awesome.
Now, if someone can arrange a test drive and the necessary funds, I can start thinking about a purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
scuse me but the CLS, is an E class underneath!

this is all on bias and armchair judgement. Not of these cars are bad, it depends on what you ultimately want

Test drive, go figure then make a judgement

Yes ajmat bhai, I do happen to know the CLS is just an E-class with a diffrent bodystyle.

By 'dated' I meant to convey in terms of body design language, not technology or anything.

Can you guess which one I'd choose? ;)