Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2015, 23:51   #1
BHPian

Triumph Bonneville 'Venom' at London Comic Con 2015

When will our Comic Cons get this cool?

The Triumph Bonneville Venom LE revealed at this week's London Comic Con:

Triumph Bonneville 'Venom' at London Comic Con 2015-triumphvenom.jpg

Quote:
Venom is based on the Bonneville T100 ridden by character Snake in Metal Gear Solid V, and was created in-house by the Triumph team. There are no mirrors, speedo, or rev counter, and it wears aggressive go-anywhere Continental TKC80 tyres, while the stock saddle has been cut down and refinished in Sneaking Suit neoprene and carbon Kevlar leather, inspired by Snake’s combat wear. A heavy duty ammo rack loops around the back of the saddle, offering both protection and somewhere secure to bolt down an extra case or two of rounds.

A yellowed-out JVB Rumbler headlight and external heavy-duty fork springs give an aggressive dimension to the front end, exaggerated by the lack of front mudguard. At the rear, the cut-down guard and exclamation mark tail-light add to the individuality of the machine, while colour-coded calipers and cam cover are stand-out details. Venom also gets Tiger off-road footpegs, a Renthal performance sprocket, machined throttle body caps and Triumph sport levers, and stencilled matte black Diamond Dogs livery.
Source
outofthebox is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 12:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville 'Venom' at London Comic Con 2015

Drool.. I can spend hours watching this beauty.

IMHO, This is what RE should have come up with, instead of the Limited Edition 'Despatch'.

--Anoop
Old 30th May 2015, 02:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

And to be honest, this is what i wanted form a RE. A better engine, some quality around the materials used and voila a winner. Unfortunately the price has been going north with no major improvement in engine spec.

Touted as a tourer the bullet needs atleast a decent engine as torquey as the current ones but with better output and top end.

Beautiful looking
Old 30th May 2015, 12:53   #4
BHPian

I think what Royal Enfield has managed to achieve in third world conditions is commendable and I rate their products no less than anything in a comparable pricing ball park.

What the marketing dept. of RE could definitely learn & apply from this Bonneville exercise is the importance of getting involved in custom builds, exploring co-franchising options and Limited Edition releases in comparable events which draw eyeballs, such as the India Bike Week etc.
outofthebox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 14:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
And to be honest, this is what i wanted form a RE.
Something like this?

Marco Moeller's 'Hind ki Rani'
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks