Team-BHP - Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/164694-spy-pics-2016-volvo-s90-sedan.html)

This is the 1st spotting of Volvo's upcoming S90 sedan which got Production Confirmation recently :thumbs up

Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan!-2016volvos90rearthreequartertestmulespiedforfirsttime900x600.jpg

^ The S90 sedan will replace the S80 and become Volvo's flagship saloon.

S90 will be pitted against the likes of BMW 5 series & Merc E Class.

S90 concept;

Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan!-2016volvos90images1.jpg

Source

I hope Volvo rethink the grille design they are following for every new Volvo. It's making the car's look cheap & Chinese.

This will be the range-topping Volvo sedan. Looks really wide & really low (a good thing). Should have a meaty stance.

Interesting how Volvo thought of getting into larger sedans after Chinese ownership. Yep, size sells in China & customers there love backseat space.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 3725433)
I hope Volvo rethink the grille design they are following for every new Volvo. It's making the car's look cheap & Chinese.

Talking about the new XC90? I think the XC90 is aimed square at SUVs like the Audi Q7. The flair at the front end helps sales. Personally, I think the new XC90 is a great looker and Volvo is finally getting its styling right.

Frankly, the new Q7 looks like the old one although less imposing. The new XC 90, if marketed well could rise roughshod over the Q7, if the perception is addressed that the 4cyl 2 L engine is puny

I really liked the new design language of the Volvos. I assume even the S90 will get a similar face as that of the new XC90.
With this radical change in design, I assume they might have already started working on some major facelifts/generation update for the existing range (V40, S60, XC60 etc.) - especially for the interiors.

Some renders on what to expect;

Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan!-2016volvos90rendering.jpg

Name:  fashionabledesignsof2016volvos80.png
Views: 4913
Size:  406.3 KB

Image Source

Fresh spy pics exposes THOR's hammer shape headlights :)

Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan!-2016volvos90spiedithasthorshammerheadlights_1.jpg

Image Source

Latest Render;

Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan!-1084814601507375549.jpg

Image Source

Leaked in the form of a scale model;

Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan!-2015_08_30_volvo_s90_1.jpg

Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan!-2015_08_30_volvo_s90_3.jpg

Image Source

Volvo's designers have hit the nail on the head with that front end! Gorgeous doesn't begin to describe it and yet, it still maintains a very Volvo-esque look. I saw the 2016 XC90 on the road yesterday; what a magnificent SUV! Kudos to them for continuing to break through the Chinese made fears.

This car + hybrid plug in will be the ultimate dream sequence for me. Lets hope the Chinese & Swedes keep in mind the need for well positioned rear seats and ingress & egress comfort.

Spotted Again;

Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan!-spyshots2017volvos90t8pluginhybridprototype_3.jpg

Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan!-spyshots2017volvos90t8pluginhybridprototype_5.jpg

Image Source

PS - Dont understand why is there a need to camouflage so much after they reveal/leak the design in the form of a scale model lol:

Interior snapped without any disguise;

Spy Pics: 2016 Volvo S90 sedan!-7867126081693661433.jpg

Image Source

From the scale model the design seems evolutionary rather then revolutionary but that's a good thing because it retains the clean, timeless Scandinavian look. The interiors are on expected lines - we all knew the XC90 interiors will percolate down to other Volvo model's ultimately.

Hopefully the new Volvo's will find more taker's because they deserve to sell more . The vehicles are right up there with the best from Germany - only thing is people need to have an open mind.

With the old-world multiple switched center console being replaced by the touch screen infotainment system, the dashboard looks subtle yet sweet. May the inheritance be continual bringing the mind wobbling Bowers & Wilkins speaker system with a ported sub-woofer that we are seeing currently in XC90.

With a fair expansion of dealer network, we can expect to see more Volvos in many growing cities.

BTW there's a Volvo showroom in making in our city which might be opened in the coming few months. Waiting eagerly to check some Scandinavian wheels!