Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 15:44   #46
BHPian

re: Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Honestly I'm more interested where the Trio are going to join next, cause that's where all the action will be.
They are joining Amazon for their on demand TV streaming ..read more here http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...mazon-deal-bbc
mazda4life is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 15:50   #47

It's been sorted ! theyve got themselves a deal with Amazon TV for ....surprisingly ....A CAR SHOW ! brilliant news mate !

https://twitter.com/AmazonVideoUK/st...92145475403777
innova-tive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 16:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Jenson Button may be giving up his F1 seat for a seat as host of Top Gear.

That would be hugely exciting!

http://www.channel24.co.za/TV/News/F...-Gear-20150730
Old 30th July 2015, 16:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

Great news!! Hope Amazon will be able to back the financial needs of the boys like blowing up Humvees, shipping the car to Australia just to check if the glove box opens up correctly when the car is upside down etc etc..

I am really happy about the fact that may and Hammond decided to stand by Clarkson. It would have been a disaster if the trio was separated!
man_of_steel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 18:35   #50
BHPian

Hey guys, I know it has been exactly 3 months since the last message, but this is about an AmA that Top Gear Script Editor Richard Porter did with a website called Carthrottle.com. I am posting it here as I felt this was the most relevant thread here. I will be posting a link if you wish to read the entire thing as well as some screenshots which were used by Carthrottle to create a summary of the AmA. I hope you all enjoy reading this! Also, I talked to GTO whether I should create a new thread for this or not and he told me to post it in an existing thread. Enjoy!

Link: https://www.carthrottle.com/post/a554xjb/

Screenshots:

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-156321620d5822.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-2563215f64fd63.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-35632167c5d619.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-45632162bcee13.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-5563216363effc.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-656321603eddf7.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-75632164215e86.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-8563216f90096f.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-95632169c2f079.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-10563216ae56511.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-11563216c2ccb83.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-12563216debd1f1.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-1356321707ac663.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-1456321712ee15a.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-15563215cfc74db.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-16563216cc09aaf.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-1756321615c539c.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-18563216e85dfcc.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-195632168db51d7.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-2056321658a2f42.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-2156321719db71f.jpg
AnInternetUser is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 06:51   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

New Top Gear to air on May 8th

Quote:
Evans revealed that filming will finish on Thursday 5th May 2016, with the first show airing on the BBC on Sunday 8th May. Evans also revealed that they had already started filming for the new show, and that their first intercontinental trip begins in January to the USA. The new Top Gear presenter wouldn’t let anything slip on who his co-presenters would be though, despite rumors of possible presenters being Jenson Button, Guy Martin, Suzi Perry and Jodie Kidd.
Courtesy - supercarkids
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 20:39   #52
BHPian

Well things just got a lot more exciting (if all this is true)

Quote:
They may be relatively unknown to the general public, but the revamped version of Top Gear UK will reportedly be co-hosted by Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz, two more well-known personalities in the car world, as well as former Formula One driver David Coulthard.
Source - http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...n-top-gear-uk/
TheInterceptor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 01:26   #53
Team-BHP Support

Yes , some more details - from the video of Van , this lady surely has some potential as a presenter

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc/...ris-Evans.html

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th December 2015 at 01:27.
Old 24th December 2015, 11:20   #54
BHPian

Chris Harris is the new host? That's really good news, he is one of the best presenters in the business. But Shabine Schmith( I don't think I am getting her name right ) may be a brilliant driver but not a good presenter. I've seen her on Top Gear and fifth gear and was impressed with her driving but she really wasn't ready to be a presenter. I don't want to discriminate against women or something but having a female presenter on the show will end all the blokiness( penis jokes for instance) if Evans is looking at that.
This probably means that this will be something like fifth gear, more for petrol heads then general non car loving public.
Anyway, I'm not against that. This might be the thing for enthusiasts but BBC would surely loose a lot of viewers.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 16:45   #55
BHPian

It seems folks at BBC are having a crisis :
Quote:
Claims BBC2 controller Kim Shillinglaw is 'meddling' in the programme's development
The departure of key backroom staff, including executive producer Lisa Clark
The introduction of a new production team who 'don't know anything about cars'
A luke-warm reaction to the new presenters, with fears they are not well-enough known
Host Chris Evans reportedly crashing a luxury Jaguar his first time around the trac
Source:Daily Mail
Old 19th January 2016, 15:59   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

New Top Gear Host Chris Evans Gets Car Sick And Throws Up Filming

Quote:
Chris Evans has been photographed throwing up at the Mazda Raceway after going round the track as a passenger in the new Audi R8 V10 with Sabine Schmitz behind the wheel. If he is unable to go round a track in an entry level supercar without being ill, is he going to be able to be a success top gear presenter?
Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-chrisevansill1.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-chrisevansill2.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-chrisevansill3.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-chrisevansill4.jpg

Courtesy - supercarkids
Old 19th January 2016, 18:28   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I for one, feel for him. I got car sick just watching the TopGear episode where Sabine throws a van around the Nurnburg ring.And I was sitting at home in my sofa!

That lady can drive! I’m not so sure she can present, but we will see that in a few months.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 08:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Well, I for one, feel for him.
+1

And its Leguna Seca. Not many will be any fit if they sit shotgun with Sabine Schmitz when she is throwing the car around the Corkscrew.

I have been there for the 2009 MotoGP and the elevation changes on that circuit has to be seen to be believed. The Corkscrew has a hard left and a hard right along with a five story drop following a blind crest. It's a hard trek from the start stop which is at the lowest point to the Corkscrew which is sitting 10 stories high.

Some pics I took.
Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-img_1046.jpg
Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-img_1049.jpg

This on the other hand doesn't make for such good reading if its true. Top Gear producers ‘frustrated’ as Chris Evans is ‘unable to drive and talk at the same time’
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 09:32   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
New Top Gear Host Chris Evans Gets Car Sick And Throws Up Filming

Courtesy - supercarkids
The 2nd foto with the crew girl smiling, and the last one with the morose Evans.
Clarkson threw up too, when he made himself sick driving some prodrive ages ago, but whether that was real or not, it was integrated into the show.
This could call for some chuckles in the first episode of Half-TG when it makes an appearance.
Meantime:
Name:  clarksonlaugh.gif
Views: 1384
Size:  472.9 KB
mayankk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 22:38   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is another explanation to this vomit incident:

http://newsthump.com/2016/01/20/chri...clarkson-fart/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks