Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 14:15   #1
BHPian

The latest brainwave from Jaguar - Car with a 'sixth sense' that reads your mind

Quote:
Jaguar is creating a car that can read your mind.

And if a cat traditionally has nine lives then Jaguar is helping its vehicles develop a ‘sixth sense’ to help save them all by measuring how well its drivers are concentrating through their brainwaves.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...eads-mind.html
darklord is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 16:24   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The latest brainwave from Jaguar - Car with a 'sixth sense' that reads your mind

This is how the Machines Raised..:0

Jokes aside, even though these are inevitable am not much a fan of these ideas. Heck, I would prefer an autonomous driving car that gives me control when I want, instead of one that keeps monitoring my body. Though have to admit that the benefits looks irresistible, especially the mid air haptic touch, but I still feel that the machine intervention (of our body) should stop somewhere.
Old 18th June 2015, 17:05   #3
BHPian

re: The latest brainwave from Jaguar - Car with a 'sixth sense' that reads your mind

Very proud to know that Tata owned Jaguar is introducing cutting edge technology in its cars.

The article says that the car "communicates with the help of pulses and vibrations through the accelerator pedal."

However on a side note, I am sorry to inform Jaguar that this is nothing new as my diesel swift already does communicate not only via the accelerator pedal but through the clutch pedal as well.

Most Viewed