Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2015, 13:52   #16
BHPian

re: The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show

I somehow do not understand why Nissan has to defend the plant in India for the perceived lack of quality for Micra.
Can anyone explain this?
Old 15th September 2015, 22:04   #17
BHPian

Concept photos always look awesome. Blame the studios they are photographed in.
Also, the paint quality, low stance, wide rubber make them look good.
Take a look at the two photos. Concept to reality
Attached Images

vinya_jag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 12:04   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Next generation Micra spied, launch in 2017.
Looks bigger and and this could mean a lot of space at the rear and boot.
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissanmicra002.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissanmicra004.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissanmicra007.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissanmicra008.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissanmicra009.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/...for-2016-debut
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 21:04   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 Nissan's Micra is expected to be shown at the Paris Auto show.
Now spied testing in Spain

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2017nissanmicraspiedinspain_1.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2017nissanmicraspiedinspain_8.jpg

Quote:
Nissan has applied the revolutionary design language to the rear quarters and back end, too. The rear door handles located where the C-pillar meets the rear side glasshouse, a stylish solution that was made popular by the Alfa Romeo 147. The shape of the hatch door and the heavily sculpted taillights are other highlights of the new Micra.
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2017nissanmicraspiedinspain_22.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2017nissanmicraspiedinspain_23.jpg

Quote:
the frowning face, which features sleek halogen headlights and a V-Motion front grille. And yes, it does resemble the 2015 Nissan Sway Concept
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...in-105870.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 12:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

The problem lies at Mr. Mann's level itself of not feeling the pulse of the nation.
He has wrongly understood that Nissan's issues are not with the quality or the perception.

It lies much deeper.

It is the lack of trust.
And this emnates first from the Hoover mistake and then shutting showrooms left, right and centre, leaving existing owners stranded.

New owners are wary.

Imagine, someone staying at SOBO. He will have to come all the way to Thane's Ghodbunder Road, some 65 kms away to get his car serviced!!

And to top it all, the service is shoddy and the technicians are ill informed.

Mr. Mann, believe me, you have got competent products and owners who are happy with their Nissans as a product.

Unfortunately, the dealer attitude, after sales and overall ownership experience is grossly missing.

No harm in updating a product into something better but for Heaven's sake, do not brush incompetencies under the garb of perception and quality issues!!
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 13:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Somehow the transformation reminds me of the Grand i10 from the i10. From a tallboy hatchback to a lower stance. Looks like the three piece grill remains.

The Micra is a very competent product, but the market performance has been hardly anything to write home about. Nissan products are loved in the USA and the Middle East.
Old 5th April 2016, 15:04   #22
BHPian

Next generation Nissan Micra

Quote:
Based on Nissan's CMF platform, the Global-spec Nissan Micra is slated to be manufactured at Renault's Flins plant in France, instead of the Renault-Nissan Alliance plant in Chennai, India, which has been manufacturing and exporting the current generation Micra.

Next generation Nissan Micra will come to India in 2017
Source : - http://indiatoday.intoday.in/auto/st.../1/635513.html
Attached Thumbnails
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissanmicra_story_647_040516021628.jpg  

devil_klm is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 16:25   #23
NPX
BHPian

Re: Next generation Nissan Micra

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 6th April 2016 at 10:02.
NPX is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th April 2016, 19:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Really good looking hatch! Looks like every designer's latched onto the floating roof concept now with that curvy rear windscreen. A clear departure from the current Micra which looked girlish and unappealing. I can see Renault design cues in the side profile and I'm sure it'd appeal to both sexes this time. Would definitely buy one if it came with the 1.5 dci, 6 speed.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 09:58   #25
BHPian

It looks remarkably similar to elite i20, does it not? I can see Nissan taking design cues from Hyundai

You can see the Eon side profile with head lights and tail cluster from Elite i20. Just attaching images for reference. Other images taken from official team-bhp review
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-hyundaielitei2003.jpg

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissanmicra_story_647_040516021628.jpg

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-hyundaieon08.jpg
aveemashfaq is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 20:20   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Next Gen Micra rendered again. Nissan is probably gearing up for an early October introduction at the 2016 Paris Motor Show and will launch in late 2016.

The fifth-generation Micra will use the CMF B platform developed by the Renault-Nissan alliance and is going to be produced by Renault at the Flins factory near Paris.

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nuovanissanmicrailrendering_1.jpg

http://www.omniauto.it/magazine/3762...icra-rendering
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 19:38   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Next Gen Micra spotted testing ahead of its speculated unveil at the Paris Motor show.
Could be a quirky design as the Nissan Juke.
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissanmicra001.jpg

Quote:
The latest model uses the all-new CMF-B small car platform architecture shared with Renault. The exterior design borrows heavily from the Sway concept shown last year at Geneva, with a shapely profile, angular front-end, and Juke-inspired rear.
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissanmicra007.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissanmicra010.jpg

Quote:
The new Micra will also be longer, lower and wider than ever as the sporty profile of this prototype shows. That means a lot of extra interior space, both for passengers and in the boot. We expect most of the futuristic cabin design from the Sway to be used, too, with autonomous braking and more smartphone connectivity features.
Source
Old 8th August 2016, 15:36   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Next-generation Nissan Micra will not be manufactured in India.

Quote:
the new-generation Micra will not be manufactured at the Renault-Nissan alliance plant in Oragadam near Chennai. Owing to the higher manufacturing cost, Nissan will not get the new-gen Micra based on the CMF-B in India. Instead it will probably be rolling out a facelifted Micra based on the V-platform with a revised design and updated interior
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th August 2016 at 15:38.
Old 10th August 2016, 14:59   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan fast tracks the next Gen Micra, to be shown at 2016 Paris,

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissan_micra__front_watermarked.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/...7-nissan-micra
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 15:22   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Very disappointing.

I have enjoyed the Micras looks every since the original model, when they had the audacity to produce a design that looked almost like a toy car. My mother had one for many years, and I enjoyed driving it for a few months when I inherited it.

Later models have also been distinctive. Some might say that it was the car for the females, but, very tempted in the past to buy one, I would say it was, for the males, a car for the guy who doesn't mind his car reminding him of female beauty rather than male toughness.

Now it's just another sharp-lined macho-monster vehicle. And it could have been made by Hyundai.

I bet it is very well equipped and everything, but, to continue my analogy, sorry Micra, but the truth is I just don't fancy you.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks