Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2019, 11:39   #376
BHPian

Re: Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!

Just watched this week's episode (No 11). And it was hilarious! No one trying hard like in few previous episodes of Season 3. The luggage bit was brilliant. Good consumer advice actually
Old 5th April 2019, 20:44   #377
Senior - BHPian

Just finished watching the last episode of The Grand Tour and What a finale to the Season.

One of the best episode of The Grand Tour and this includes the trios adventure on Top Gear as well.
The Mongolian road trip is worth watching again and again for the stunning scenery and of course the "John".
Old 6th April 2019, 16:13   #378
BHPian

Last episode is a must watch one and epitome of the entire show possibly. What an escapade !

It such a contrast to see them drive fast cars most of the time and also excel in ones like these.

Sad that it's over, hopefully just for now.
Old 6th April 2019, 22:58   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Just finished watching the last episode of The Grand Tour and What a finale to the Season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Last episode is a must watch one and epitome of the entire show possibly. What an escapade !
I had doubted the fact that this would be the last episode as I think I read somewhere that the Mongolia special was the second last episode and my doubt(and wish!) has been cleared! Here is the tweet by Jeremy's official Twitter.
Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-img_20190406_225146.jpg
I guess many petrolheads will be happy about this fact

Cheers!
porsche_guy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 05:42   #380
Team-BHP Support

I watched the Mongolia special and absolutely loved it. The trio have been upto many antics and escapades, but as they rightly mentioned they were in cars that had a lot more in them. "John" on the other hand was a masterpiece, and the very core of motoring, if i may say so.

The beautiful scenery, daunting geography as well as the challenges on offer made for an epic journey. Loved it!
Old 9th April 2019, 09:37   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
I had doubted the fact that this would be the last episode as I think I read somewhere that the Mongolia special was the second last episode and my doubt(and wish!) has been cleared! Here is the tweet by Jeremy's official Twitter.
Here's a preview of the last episode - Ford special

Source - YouTube
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 10:45   #382
Senior - BHPian

My God,

The Grand Tour has hit a new low.
The start of the season 3 was okay okay, with a really undramatic Ep 1. motown funk, where the trio tried to bring back life to detroit.
Ep 2 and 3 were beginning to be fun (the columbia special I guess)
Ep 6 - the china one, was interesting (not as much fun)
Ep 7 - the scotland one, was classic Top Gear, beautiful locales, 3 classics and loads of fun

But the Columbia special was so unnatural, felt so scripted, felt honestly like fifth gear. :(

I recommend that they get the celeb interviews back, and give the boys more freedom.

cheers,
ac
Old 9th April 2019, 11:05   #383
BHPian

Grand tour in this season had a few fleeting shining moments. The rest were kind of Meh. I would suggest anybody to watch only the below segments to relive the joy of the earlier TG spisodes.

Episode 9 with the bit about Neil Armstrong's corvette gave me goosebumps. Episode 12 and the 917 tribute was extra special.
Episode 13 was by far the best grand tour episode till date and the boys (Now struggling with age related issues) coming on top of the adverse situation they were put in was a joy to watch.

One final episode to go. Lets see if they end this season on a high note.
rohitoasis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 13:39   #384
Senior - BHPian

The Mongolia special was one of the best in The Grand tour history ( IMHO even in Top Gear). The amazing thing about the Trio is, even after the pain and struggle ( because of their old age), they are always able to deliver wit and laughs. In episode 13, it was not only about the trio. With "John" in its character, it was a perfect quartet.

Great to know there is one more show coming up next Friday.

Quote:
After the Mongolia adventure there will be one more conventional show, the finale for this series. Then we’re pulling down the curtain on the studio-based episodes so that we can just concentrate on big Specials. If Mongolia is anything to go by, we’ll be okay
- Andy Wilman (The Grand Tour's executive producer)
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 13:41   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
My God,

But the Columbia special was so unnatural, felt so scripted, felt honestly like fifth gear. :(

I recommend that they ... give the boys more freedom.

cheers,
ac
I totally agree to this! Season 1 and 2 was raging and awesome for fans of these 3 amazing presenters. Season 3 is bit of mixed bag. A few episodes were good, but mostly, all were so so scripted.
I loved the Mongolian episode where they build John and take it through the wide expanse. But that was nothing compared to the Thailand/Burma episode they had in the previous season. Give them the freedom to chart out the episode please!

On a side note, I did not know there was a thread for TGT Fans
Old 9th April 2019, 17:29   #386
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the last episode of the season.
Shame on Ford to stopping development on sedans!
The format of the show will be changed from presenting to live audience from tents to challenge only episodes. Jeremy Clarkson will give a tribute to this format of the show in the end of the episode.
Old 9th April 2019, 17:41   #387
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
The Mongolia special was one of the best in The Grand tour history ( IMHO even in Top Gear).
The best "special" from these guys, for me, has to be the Africa Special. The landscapes, the general journey, the overall cinematography were simply terrific.

This show has been going on for decades now; there's only so much reinvention they can do so it's only natural this will come to an end. Sooner than later considering their age and how forced most of the episodes have become.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 04:47   #388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This show has been going on for decades now; there's only so much reinvention they can do so it's only natural this will come to an end. Sooner than later considering their age and how forced most of the episodes have become.
IMHO, the worst from this season was the caravans episode. I have never felt so bored watrching the trio, be it on Top Gear or The Grand Tour!
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 08:43   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Man Accuses The Grand Tour Of Stealing Mongolia Special Idea, Show Denies All

Full report here:- https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/ru...ow-denies-all/

Courtesy - Carscoop
Old 11th April 2019, 11:40   #390
Senior - BHPian

Finished watching Top Gear Season 26. There were only 5 episodes but much much better than The Grand Tour. Found Top Gear to be more entertaining than The Grand Tour. It was presented by Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris and Rory Reid, with Sabine Schmitz to continue making occasional appearances as a co-presenter throughout the series.

Most of the episodes were direct comparison between competitive cars. Only boring part was celeb guest conversation and their lap times on top gear circuit.

Most Viewed