Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 07:52   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised

Mod Note: Our Tiguan Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

VW's Tiguan spied undisguised.

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-2017vwtiguancarscoops0001.jpg

Quote:
The new Tiguan looks sharper and generally more upmarket than the bland, current, first generation model, even though it will continue to go head-to-head with the same crop of compact SUVs like the Ford Escape / Kuga, Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-5 and Nissan Qashqai when it reaches showrooms next year
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/08/new...tographed.html

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2017 at 12:39. Reason: Link to review :)
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 18:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen India: The Way Forward

The India-bound 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan has been caught fully unmasked by Carscoops, possibly during an advertisement shoot.

The car will have it's global unveil at the Frankfurt Motor Show next month and go on sale from 2016 onwards, while an Indian launch of this SUV-based crossover's 7-seater iteration is touted to be sometime in late 2016/early 2017.

Quote:
The new Tiguan looks sharper and generally more upmarket than the bland, current, first generation model, even though it will continue to go head-to-head with the same crop of compact SUVs like the Ford Escape/Kuga, Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-5 and Nissan Qashqai when it reaches showrooms next year.

From this angle, at least, the new Tiguan shares common styling traits with VW's larger Cross Blue Coupe Concept from the 2013 Shanghai Auto Show.

VW officials have hinted at the availability of three variants for the next Tiguan, including a standard wheelbase model with seating for five (and which we believe is pictured here), a longer-wheebase seven-seater for late next year, and a BMW X4-like, sporty five-seat coupe iteration for 2017.

The new Tiguan uses the VW Group's ever-present MQB platform with powertrains to be sourced from the latest Golf, including an array of TSI turbocharged gasoline lumps and TDI turbo-diesels.
All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-2017vwtiguancarscoops7.jpg

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-2017vwtiguancarscoops8.jpg

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-2017vwtiguancarscoops6.jpg

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-2017vwtiguancarscoops5.jpg

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-2017vwtiguancarscoops4.jpg

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-2017vwtiguancarscoops0001.jpg

CarScoops
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 19:41   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen India: The Way Forward

It's a minor quibble that the big sunroof is not such a good idea when the sun shines here. Otherwise, that appeals to me more than any other new-coming car pictures I've seen for a long time. Very nice!
Old 1st September 2015, 19:48   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised

The all-new Volkswagen Tiguan has been spied without any camouflage. Post moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 22:26   #5
BHPian

I don’t think the Tiguan will click in India. If the current Tiguan were to be launched in India, the base model would be priced nothing less than 24 lakhs. Which makes it even more expensive that the base CRV and about the same as a Fortuner. The Fortuner is a full sized SUV, while the Tiguan is a compact SUV, about the same size as a Q3.

The new gen Tiguan, with the new MQB platform, will only make it a bit more expensive. The 7-seater version would be much more expensive than the Fortuner and be dangerously close to the Q3 territory. Will people respect the VW brand enough to buy the Tiguan at a price just a shade below the X1 and Q3?
charlessuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 00:29   #6
BHPian

Those rims look like a page right out of Mercedes' book. Like the ones on the S500 Launch edition and the E-Classes.
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

It looks like the Q3. I wonder why.

On a serious note - I'm glad VW at least doesn't go crazy with funky designs and keeps their cars elegant. Boring, but still elegant.
rajushank84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 06:02   #8

I liked the car when I test drove it in Dec except the size for a family. Its trunk size was smaller than the competition and even some hatchbacks have a bigger boot space. I hope they have rectified these issues to upgrade it from the sub-compact crossover segment to compact.
As someone has already mentioned, it looked elegant inside out and a touch above the mainstream crossovers. From the pictures, I just feel that the looks have only gone up.
Old 3rd September 2015, 07:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd September 2015 at 12:59.
rajushank84 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd September 2015, 07:58   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Next Volkswagen Tiguan Teased, before heading to Frankfurt Show.

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-volkswagentiguanteaserfrankfurt2015.jpg

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...rankfurt-show/
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 18:32   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Releases Teaser For Upcoming Frankfurt-Bound Tiguan.

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-tig001.jpg
All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-tig002.jpg

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/vw-...-upcoming.html
Old 14th September 2015, 20:15   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

VW has pulled the wraps off the new generation (2017) of its Tiguan, the group's first SUV to be based on the MQB platform, ahead of a Frankfurt Motor Show debut.

The all-new Tiguan will be available with eight turbocharged gasoline and diesel engines, all meeting Euro 6 regulations and more efficient than in the previous model. There are four TSI engines with 125 PS (92 kW), 150 PS (110 kW), 180 PS (132 kW) and 220 PS (162 kW) along with four TDIs developing 115 PS (85 kW), 150 PS (110 kW), 190 PS (140 kW) and 240 PS (176 kW). Except for the base engines which all work exclusively with a FWD layout, the others can be teamed up either standard or optional to a 4MOTION all-wheel drive system.

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-new2017vwtiguan60.jpg

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-new2017vwtiguan3.jpg

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-new2017vwtiguan4.jpg

All-new Volkswagen Tiguan spied undisguised-new2017vwtiguan7.jpg

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/201...re-mature.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th September 2015 at 20:23.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 21:06   #13
BHPian

Last edited by johannskaria : 14th September 2015 at 21:16.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 11:01   #14
BHPian

Will this come to India ? And if it does I am sure it will be priced on-road at 30+ lakhs which will be a damp squib since the competition costs a little lesser I think.
Old 15th September 2015, 13:32   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Will this come to India ? And if it does I am sure it will be priced on-road at 30+ lakhs which will be a damp squib since the competition costs a little lesser I think.
VW will face a tough choice. If you look at the landscape when its launched, it will have to compete with the Fortuner, Endeavour et al. In any case, anything priced within a kissing distance of Fortuner is a "kiss of death". People will simply pay the extra lakh or so more an go for the Fortuner.

I am expecting Fortuner to be within the same ballpark as the current Santa Fe with an entry level trim (2WD MT) which will be far lower. So, expect around 32- 36 Lakh on road.

Ergo, VW can't really price it beyond 32- 33 Lakh and hope for volumes !

Which brings us to the interesting topic of where they will slot it vis-à-vis Yeti. One option of course, is to discontinue the Yeti (which hardly sells), and launch an aggressive assault by launching the Tiguan in a broad range of trims and options. That can start with a petrol MT + AT with the 1.4 TSI (I think the market is ready for it) and go all the way with the 2.0 TDI + DSG for the top trim.

The platform has been localised somewhat with the Octavia (and the upcoming new Superb), and the supply chain for engines and transmission
are well set. All it needs now, is some ambition, and a dollop of gumption, and (may I dare whisper it), a healthy disregard for artificial "market survey" type product strategy. Launch, and be agile in tweaking product strategy over the first 6 months based on response.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks