Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 20:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alleged: Why drivers in China intentionally kill the pedestrians they hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
Depends on his treatment because hospitals good are not cheap in China. Suppose he is killed and he is poor, the convict can pay 1 or 2 million rmb to his relatives and go free, so its cheaper for someone to kill a person in a car accident than to pay his medical bills as a normal human being. I feel ashamed to write this but is a fact of life.
A T-Shirt of my colleague here in Germany tore up due to a projecting nail in a train station. He wrote a mail to the concerned people with all details of the incident, pictures and a bill of the new T-Shirt. He got the money refunded within a week, through the insurance cover of the public transport office.

How are the insurance laws in China?

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 7th September 2015 at 20:13.
Old 7th September 2015, 20:18   #17
BHPian

I feel Indians are not so different, else we wont see bullbars in their cars inspite of knowing its very dangerous for pedestrians.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 20:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
I feel Indians are not so different, else we wont see bullbars in their cars inspite of knowing its very dangerous for pedestrians.
This is not completely true. I can vouch for the fact that majority of bullbar users do not even think on safety/injury lines. All they care about is, how macho their ride looks. They would not even know that their machine's bumpers are built in a way to minimize the damage to anyone who comes in contact.
Engine_Roars is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 21:07   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
After going through the article, I believe the Chinese were better off riding bicycles like they did in the eighties. They might have earned a lot of money with the economic reforms but their mindset is still primitive.
Oh yeah?

What about India then? Would we not be better off having half the present day road users using cycles or bullock carts or whatever, like it used to be in the '70's and '80's when only a certain "level" of people owned cars?

The democratisation and commoditization of an erstwhile "luxury item" has happened now with the 're-distribution of the wealth". Every dog has its day and who are we to prevent that?

Frankly, our infra and everything else needs to stretch to meet consumer demand and requirement - thats what we pay taxes for!
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 21:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
This is not completely true. I can vouch for the fact that majority of bullbar users do not even think on safety/injury lines. All they care about is, how macho their ride looks. They would not even know that their machine's bumpers are built in a way to minimize the damage to anyone who comes in contact.
Most of the people knows the pedestrian issue (this is in common domain now a days, different than couple of years back.) But they give the priority for their ride than humans. Personally I know many of those species.
Old 7th September 2015, 21:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Oh my god, its something new and horrible that to know about. Makes one feel that we are long way behind China (for some good).

On first glance, I thought it was Chennai not China !
Old 8th September 2015, 13:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Oh yeah?

What about India then? Would we not be better off having half the present day road users using cycles or bullock carts or whatever, like it used to be in the '70's and '80's when only a certain "level" of people owned cars?

The democratisation and commoditization of an erstwhile "luxury item" has happened now with the 're-distribution of the wealth". Every dog has its day and who are we to prevent that?

Frankly, our infra and everything else needs to stretch to meet consumer demand and requirement - thats what we pay taxes for!
Indians do drive rashly but I don't think we have stooped to such a level where people think its better to kill accident victims rather than save them.
Old 8th September 2015, 19:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ok, maybe its not the same but leaving a victim lying helpless by the roadside and not helping just because you may end up in trouble, is equally monstrous if not worse. I think its how our brain is wired for self preservation that counts. I think its the artificial laws that govern many of our criminal acts and not our human instinct.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 19:40   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper1941 View Post
I'd be very surprised if this article is a fake. I don't think it is. The Chinese have no regard for human life. ......
The most saddening thing about your post: if you swap out the Chinese references with Indian ones, your post is still valid to the last word.

I can't comment on your claims about the Chinese as I have no first-hand experience of that country but India I can vouch for, I see it everyday!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks