Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 00:38   #1
BHPian

Rumour: Next Nissan Z a crossover? EDIT: Named Nissan Gripz concept

Macan's and Cayenne's are the money making machines for Porsche! Mitsubishi understood this and announced the Evo successor would be a performance crossover thereby killing the loved Lancer Evo series. This time the profit monster got to Nissan.

Rumour: Next Nissan Z a crossover? EDIT: Named Nissan Gripz concept-nissanzteaser.jpg

Nissan just released teaser images of the concept ahead of the Frankfurt Motor show (17th to 27th September '15) which quite clearly shows a crossover.All when the firm's chief creative officer, Shiro Nakamura, told Australian media “We 
need to take another path. I feel Z needs more revolution than evolution. I think 
GT-R has to stay the most high-performance symbol 
of Nissan technology and Z 
is a more affordable sports car or a sporty car to get the younger people.”

The 370Z has done little to boost Nissan’s image or its sales sheets. Its combination of a hefty V6 petrol engine and rear drive has looked increasingly old-school against ever more sophisticated rivals.

Looks like Nissan was field testing with the Juke Nismo editions. It’s thought the new Z crossover will be notably cheaper than the 370Z and will be based on the Renault-Nissan Alliance’s latest CMF B platform. Its engine line-up will be able to include the full range of 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol engines. The new platform has the flexibility to accommodate hybrid powertrains, so it’s possible the concept at least will showcase a set-up featuring an electric motor to drive one of the axles.

Will be interesting to see how this unfurls.

Rumour: Next Nissan Z a crossover? EDIT: Named Nissan Gripz concept-nissanzsuvnews20121022_0005.jpg

Source :- Autocar (article link)
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 07:17   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Rumour: Next Nissan Z a crossover? EDIT: Named Nissan Gripz concept

The 370Z is going to diiiieee......

The 350z/370z was the one i lusted after when my friends were going gaga over Germans and italians.

Started after seeing Tokyo Drift and reading a review on ACI, which had some really cool pics.

Though have to admit after the launch of the Toyota 86, i hadn't bothered much about the 370Z.

So, if an armchair enthusiast like me hadn't cared about the 370Z for the past couple of years, then the real buyers cannot be faulted to buy others in the same price range like Mustang or others.

And Nissan also canot be faulted to go behind a sound business idea
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 12:06   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The 350z/370z was the one i lusted after when my friends were going gaga over Germans and italians.

Though have to admit after the launch of the Toyota 86, i hadn't bothered much about the 370Z.

So, if an armchair enthusiast like me hadn't cared about the 370Z for the past couple of years, then the real buyers cannot be faulted to buy others in the same price range like Mustang or others.

Rumour: Next Nissan Z a crossover? EDIT: Named Nissan Gripz concept-11952883_931589693580068_59883481879530471_o.jpg
Especially when the major US and Europe market are moving more and more SUV/ Crossovers, Nissan has no other choice .

370Z was a great car. Feels bad that they let it die.
The Toyota 86 triplets , Mazda Miata and the new age Mustangs and Camaros is proving to be too much for the 370Z to fight with!
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 01:12   #4
BHPian

Quote:
PRESS RELEASE

Nissan Gripz Concept makes its global debut in Frankfurt

Designed to build on Nissan's pioneering Crossover leadership, Nissan's Gripz Concept will make its global premiere at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Inspiration for the Nissan Gripz Concept came from the legendary 240Z desert racers as well as the sleek two-wheel world of road cycling. The design explores a new sporty direction for a Crossover concept and was conceived to create an innovative new driving sensation.

The world premiere will take place at the Nissan stand on September 15th, 2015.

Last edited by johannskaria : 12th September 2015 at 01:19.
Old 15th September 2015, 23:55   #5
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Next Nissan Z a crossover? EDIT: Named Nissan Gripz concept

Last edited by johannskaria : 16th September 2015 at 00:00.
Old 1st October 2015, 15:01   #6
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Next Nissan Z a crossover? EDIT: Named Nissan Gripz concept

One of the stars of the recent Frankfurt motor show, Nissan's Gripz concept, will eventually reach production badged as a crossover from the brand's Z range.

The concept has been described as "a radical new type of sports car" by Nissan bosses and is intended to help expand the current Z line-up into more 'everyday' cars than the current 370Z.

Rumour: Next Nissan Z a crossover? EDIT: Named Nissan Gripz concept-zzzz.jpg

Whatcar report

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks