1.4 95 CV Lounge 5 porte: 17.300 euro
1.3 MJT 95 CV Easy: 20.300 euro
1.3 MJT 95 CV Lounge: 21.700 euro
1.3 MJT 95 CV Business: 22.200 euro
1.6 MJTD 120 CV Easy 5 porte: 20.100 euro
1.6 MJTD 120 CV Lounge 5 porte: 21.500 euro
1.6 MJTD 120 CV Business: 22.000 euro

http://www.quattroruote.it/news/novi..._300_euro.html
Pricing looks funny, with the 1.3 95 hp starting at 20,300 whereas 1.6 120 hp starting at 20,100 (cheaper than the 1.3?)
Or maybe I am missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The car is above 4m in length, there is no point in looking at the 1.2L petrol engines. This should come with the 1.4L T-Jet and 1.6L MJet; should be a fun car!
Yep, I did mention that in the initial post, that this is longer than 4m and hence cannot be priced sensibly (in the Indian context). Look at S-Cross. Even under the Maruti badge, it struggles to sell in good numbers.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 3rd May 2016 at 13:34.
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:19   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied

With whatever engines they may get it here (if at all they decide to get it here). True DNA of ride, steering feedback and handling of Fiat will not be available as this will have EPS. It may still be good, but a diluted version of the DNA at best.
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
With whatever engines they may get it here (if at all they decide to get it here). True DNA of ride, steering feedback and handling of Fiat will not be available as this will have EPS. It may still be good, but a diluted version of the DNA at best.
If I am not wrong, Punto also has EPS in Europe, but in India it has HPS.
Old 9th May 2016, 07:35   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat Tipo pricing in UK starts from £12,995, undercuts some of its rivals,

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-3.jpg
Quote:
Three trim levels will be offered in the UK initially. Exactly what they’ll be called is still to be confirmed. Middle trims get all of the above kit as standard, and cost £1000 more than the base model.

Top trim variants will cost a further £1000 and add sat-nav, 17in alloys, a rear view camera and additional bits of chrome, among a few other extras.
Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-capture.jpg
Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-2.jpg

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-new...-12995-in-uk-/

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th May 2016 at 07:37.
Old 9th May 2016, 12:31   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Tipo 1.6 diesel review - loses out on ride and handling and steering feedback.

Quote:
Unfortunately for Fiat fans, the Tipo is an uncharacteristically dull car for the brand. While the Panda and 500 have their faults, both are charming and fun in their own way, and this is a big part of their appeal - but the Tipo is disappointingly dull to drive, as well as to look at.
Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-capture.jpg

Quote:
The diesel engine feels punchy, thanks to the 320Nm of torque available from 1,750rpm, and in-gear performance is on a par with rivals like the Skoda Rapid Spaceback's 1.6 TDI. It does get noisy when accelerating, but at low revs it’s perfectly quiet inside the cabin. Road and wind noise is unobtrusive at most speeds too, meaning the Fiat is surprisingly refined.
Quote:
Potholes and undulations in the road surface do cause a bit of bounce, but the Tipo’s ride never felt harsh on the roads around Turin during our test drive.
Quote:
The trade-off for that ride is in the handling, as the Tipo suffers from fairly significant body roll when cornering quickly. The steering lacks feel, and the front-end isn't particularly keen in the bends either
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/fiat/ti...po-2016-review
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 19:27   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat Tipo 1.6 MultiJet Review by Autocar UK

Fiat Tipo 1.6 MultiJet Review by Autocar UK
Autocar UK haven driven and reviewed the Fiat Tipo 1.6 MultiJet, and here are some of their impressions.

The 1.6L MultiJet Engine
The 1.6L MultiJet engine puts out power of 120 PS/118 hp @ 3750 rpm and torque of 320 Nm @ 1750 rpm. With that under the hood, it can do the 0 - 100 km/h dash in 9.8 seconds, and go on to reach a top speed of 200 km/h.
Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-rear-3q.jpg

According to the review, the Tipo has a slightly rough engine, but good roll-on and in-gear performance:
Quote:
Turn the key and the turbocharged motor fires into life in a rather gruff and unrefined manner. It’s a disappointingly rattly unit, but once under way it’s a relief to find that the engine quickly settles down to a distant hum. Flex your right foot further and there’s plenty of pull from low down in the rev range, giving the Tipo impressive roll-on performance. Admittedly, there is a small amount of turbo lag, but in overtaking situations you’re rarely left wanting.
Like most diesels, there's no point pushing it to higher revs, however:
Quote:
However, push on further and you quickly find that the Multijet unit is all done by 3600rpm, becoming rather coarse and asthmatic at the top of its rev range.
Steering and Handling
Steering feel and handling do seem to be dialed down a bit from the current Punto/Linea:
Quote:
The steering is well weighted (albeit lacking in feel), the chassis balance is fairly neutral and the car resists body roll admirably. However, the ride isn't the smoothest. Larger compressions are handled in a fairly adept fashion, but the Fiat feels rather harsh and fidgety*over broken surfaces.
Interior Space and Quality
Interior space is no problem at all:
Quote:
The cabin feels airy, and there’s plenty of adjustment on the front seats to allow a driver and passenger to get comfortable. Rear occupants are well looked after, too, with enough leg room to accommodate all but the loftiest of adults.
Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-interior.jpg

Quote:
The boot is an impressive size, too
Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-hatch.jpg

But the cabin feels slightly built to a price in some places, and good in others:
Quote:
The overall impression of the cabin is that it has been put together on a budget – and of course, it has been. The hard plastics on the door cards and lower parts of the dashboard let the side down somewhat, but the soft-touch plastic on the top of the dashboard help to add a touch of class, and the instruments are clear and attractive.
Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-infotainment.jpg

Source: Autocar UK
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 20:30   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Tipo 1.6 MultiJet Review by Autocar UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Autocar UK haven driven and reviewed the Fiat Tipo 1.6 MultiJet, and here are some of their impressions.
Oh man, I rarely say this.. not like most of the people who find almost every design nice or stylish. I don't find most of the styling of vehicles impressive apart from the Getz.. not the Polo, certainly not the i20 (any version) or the first gen Punto, nor the Creta or Rapid.

The Fiat Tipo hatchback though is something else.. oozes style and finesse, that rear looks to be the best I've seen so far, what tail-lights! The interiors are a big step up from the current generation of Fiats.. suffice to say that the company is back with a bang with a more contemporary product to match with the current generation design.. the best way to buy a car is to buy the car you love to look at, the rest will work themselves out over time. Knowing Fiat though.. the Tipo will probably be coming after another half a dozen tweaks to the present Punto Evo.

No hurry though, things at the drivers seat have changed exactly the way I expected them to, thanks to the shift to electric numb steering. If Fiat cannot do it, no one else can. I hope the mods won't mind if I show my reaction to the point which talks about the lack of feel :

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-frustrated_man_at_a_desk_cropped1.jpg
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 13:27   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat Tipo ( Standard) gets 3 star safety Euro NCAP Rating!

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-1.jpg

And 4 star rating with Safety pack!

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-2.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th October 2016 at 13:30.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 17:31   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tipo hatchback (Egea-based hatch) has been officially patented by Fiat India for a possible future launch in our country, according to GaadiWaadi sources.

Would it replace the Punto, or would the Tipo be placed above the Punto? Time will tell.

Quote:
The Fiat Tipo hatchback has been patented in India and is expected to launch sometime during late 2018. It could be showcased at the 2018 New Delhi Auto Expo.

The India-spec Fiat Tipo hatchback could come available with the 1.4-litre T-Jet petrol engine and the smaller 1.3-litre diesel unit. Expect the power and torque output to remain same, while the transmission options for this car will also likely to remain same as the global model.
Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-fiattipohatchbackindiapatented.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-fiattipohatchback3.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 18:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Am highly doubtful Tipo hatchback will be launched as-is in India. It is 42xx mm long in its hatchback version. In the home market, Tipo is Bravo's replacement, not Punto.

Unless GST has some changes in taxation of 4m+ cars, we'll not see the daylight in India. Not to forget, Indian market has a strange mental block towards stationwagonish-hatchbacks (case of point Ford Fusion, Baleno Altura).

Tipo sedan measuring 43xx mm in length has much more chance (sell atleast similar numbers as current Linea), in case Fiat India is interested in bringing it in.
Old 7th December 2016, 18:31   #41
BHPian

This is one hell of a stunning looking hathback. The sedan is also delicious. I don't know why FIAT is not bringing this to our country?

Have a look at the pics from official site. Drool maal. Can stare at all three for hours. Put 1.6 Diesel mill and 1.4 T-Jet motor under the hood, kit it reasonably and price it in the C1 segment sedan. This will fly out of showrooms!!!
Fiat wake up please.

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-1.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-egeasedangaleri12x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-egeasedangaleri22x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-egeasedangaleri32x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-egeasedangaleri42x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-egeasedangaleri72x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-egeasedangaleri82x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-egeasedangaleri92x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-egeasedangaleri102x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-egeasedangaleri132x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-082x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-092x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-042x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-022x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-012x.jpg

Fiat Tipo (Egea hatchback) spied-04112x.jpg

Last edited by PraNeel : 7th December 2016 at 18:32.
PraNeel is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 19:01   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

From what I could gather from the interactions I had with the Fiat folks, they are looking to price it in the D segment around 18 lakhs for the sedan version. Wished the gentleman "All the best in selling vehicles to your dealers for display, lets worry about the sales later. Thank you". The expression on the gentleman's face was priceless. I am still not able to figure out in which world Fiat India Management is.

I have full confidence in Fiat India's Management to goof up even the best of opportunities.

Just the hatch and sedan iterations will not get the numbers, more models please.
nkrishnap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 19:31   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat TIPO Hatch reviewed,

Old 15th December 2016, 19:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Fiat TIPO Hatch reviewed,
Well well ! Not great signs.

If this review is anything to go by. Tipo is pretty underwhelming especially if ride, handling and that steering feel is concerned.

It has a long way to go before it can match a lot of its competitors. Built to a cost, average ride and handling and steering which ain't hold a candle to its older siblings. Doesn't look good. Its over 4 m so I doubt if this will ever see light in India. I never thought the reviewer would say that its just gets the job done as A-B car and its only strength is being cost effective

Bring on X6H. I hope it will have the FIAT DNA intact.

No where to look for FIAT owners. Its either Jeep for folks who love SUVs and can afford one or look else where. Ford its time to revive the Fiesta nameplate again. Both hatch and sedan.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2016 at 22:36. Reason: Removed video from the quoted post.
Old 16th December 2016, 19:04   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
This is one hell of a stunning looking hathback. The sedan is also delicious. I don't know why FIAT is not bringing this to our country?

This will fly out of showrooms!!!
Fiat wake up please.
I completely agree with you that this car is stunning mate!

With no offence meant to you, I think that your remark about this car flying off the shelves is a bit too enthusiastic. We're automobile enthusiasts, who think with our hearts, rather than with our heads when buying cars .

However, Fiat has lost a lot of market share due to many reasons, which have already been discussed in many different threads before, so I don't want to get into that now, but the general mindset amongst people looking to buy a new car today is that Fiat cars are unreliable, and expensive to maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
From what I could gather from the interactions I had with the Fiat folks, they are looking to price it in the D segment around 18 lakhs for the sedan version. Wished the gentleman "All the best in selling vehicles to your dealers for display, lets worry about the sales later. Thank you". The expression on the gentleman's face was priceless. I am still not able to figure out in which world Fiat India Management is.
IF this even comes to India, with that kind of pricing, it is sure going to be dead on arrival. Even with the pricing of Fiat's current line up of cars being competitive in the market, they are barely able to garner any sales. Premium pricing will mean instant death for the product for sure!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks