Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2015, 14:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Owner frustrated with problematic Jeep Grand Cherokee - Creates music video!

Excellent video!!!

Full empathy with the customer!

Imagine how many videos we should be having in India particularly from VW (VW,Skoda) customers! I think even some of the Hyndai customers (based on the ZERO NCAP for grand i10) might come out with their own wonderful versions!!!

Cheers!!!
Old 14th November 2015, 14:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Owner frustrated with problematic Jeep Grand Cherokee - Creates music video!

i guess he's only making Jeep Cherokee more famous! Sometimes negative publicity can also add to an overall positive advantage to the company sales
Old 14th November 2015, 15:00   #18
Team-BHP Support

haha ... hilarious and brilliantly executed. just the kind of publicity a brand doesn't need. gotta love social media. certainly much quicker than consumer courts.
Old 14th November 2015, 20:57   #19
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 19th November 2015 at 18:09.
sidzz is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th November 2015, 22:53   #20
BHPian

That was fantastic , I was flabbergasted, I mean how frustrated he should have been to spend money and create an innovative video to show his protest. Hats off to the guy and hope he gets adequately compensated

Its high time companies start giving ears to customer complaints and give relevant solutions , I repeat 'relevant' solutions.
Old 15th November 2015, 00:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
i guess he's only making Jeep Cherokee more famous! Sometimes negative publicity can also add to an overall positive advantage to the company sales
I don't see how in this case. He claims to have been sold a lemon. No one will go out looking to buy a lemon Jeep Cherokee after this video.
Old 15th November 2015, 01:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Yes may be sometimes but in this case, JEEP is a legendary name already, it's more than just famous. I have read a lot of comments posted on YouTube for this video, and it seems like people are with Mr. Sethi. Bet FCA never saw that coming.
Well done Mr. Sethi
Old 15th November 2015, 07:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

This is brave, atleast he has used the social media in right manner and the kind of tool he used (music video) will catch eyes of million. I understand he has already crossed 1 million mark.

This is equally good for law / policy makers to understand the need of lemon laws. FCA should react positively to this video and ensure that the customer's problem are resolved at the earliest.

I support such moves and am happy seeing the novel approach to vent out frustration.
Old 15th November 2015, 17:59   #24
BHPian

The Guy has uploaded a new video, take a look guys. The video has details about the issues the owner had with the car, its an interview with the owner by some news channel

Last edited by karts : 15th November 2015 at 18:01.
karts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 18:07   #25
BHPian

Ha Ha, this is awesome. Forget the replacement, this guy deserves a Grammy. That is how you make lemonade, when life throws lemon at you.

Last edited by Engine_Roars : 15th November 2015 at 18:09.
Engine_Roars is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 18:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Ha Ha, this is awesome. Forget the replacement, this guy deserves a Grammy. That is how you make lemonade, when life throws lemon at you.
Lets just make a small correction - That's how you make a lemonade - when FCA throws Lemon at you, and you serve it back to them !

Last edited by i74js : 15th November 2015 at 18:42.
Old 15th November 2015, 19:47   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

The original Jeep Grand Cherokee was a dog and the new one still is. As much as I love the Jeep Cherokee, the Jeep Grand Cherokee has never come anywhere close to its sibling. Shame, but then you can still snap up a nice Jeep Cherokee for only a few thousand dollars in the USA.
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 22:59   #28
BHPian

1) I'm watching this video for the 4th time. Its brilliant for what its purpose is. Rather than E-Mails, isn't it time for us to send across the message in ways they'll understand ?

2) We customers should collectively use tech that can record our usage method (gear-shifts, revving, engine load etc - many possibilities through OBD-II port) along with a video of the road - all with time stamps. And SAVE these for an audit of events. Even if its alot of data.

3) When issues crop up, we should be able to assess what caused the issue, or rather whether it caused itself!

4) If it caused itself, the car makers should be held liable even beyond warranty period. IMO this should be upto a period of 5 years from date of sale. Applicable by a law.

If not, cheatful car makers will take our money & sell us crap. Almost 95% car owners lack the expertise and even the tenacity to hold these companies to their word. At an individual level it might seem small, but when thought of collectively, these companies are causing a heavy losses to the assets being used (by its citizens) to generate a nations growth.

Because none of the above is ever likely to happen in India (IMHO), strategise your purchase to be from a manufacturer after assessing its market position, leverage against your complaints, apparent willingness to resolve customers issues (ethos of company, their history), willingness to provide actually good products, company's weak & strong points.

I don't feel many people will be able to deduce much from a test drive. Heck, often even I can't make out many things! Moreover, Test Drives are given as a privilege to potential buyers. A while back [4-5yrs] during TD's, I used to be told only 2.5-3km test drive allowed around home by these "reputed" car brands!

Anyway, this is from a brand that prolly sells more units of liquor every month at its mostly deserted Caffe's, than cars. Others can be a VAG car or even Indian car-makers. But I highly doubt they'll do anything much about it, getting a refund would be quite impossible AFAIK.

Lets wait & see.
Old 16th November 2015, 09:13   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
The Guy has uploaded a new video, take a look guys. The video has details about the issues the owner had with the car, its an interview with the owner by some news channel
The interview he gave is with the Sunrise Show which is a very popular morning news show here in Australia. Along with the music video going viral, and then followed by this being picked up by the local mainstream media, Jeep have certainly earned their share of negative publicity.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 09:18   #30
BHPian

This is off-topic but I couldn't help but share this incident!

So, yesterday evening when I was singing this song while travelling in an auto-rickshaw and all of a sudden I saw a black Jeep Grand Cherokee near the Mumbai Airport and I was like! What! OMG!
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks