Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2016, 12:12   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Corolla (Altis) facelift images leaked

The India-bound 2017 Corolla Altis facelift had it's world premiere in Russia a couple of days back.

Toyota Corolla (Altis) facelift images leaked-2016toyotacorollafaceliftfrontquarterliveimages.jpg

Toyota Corolla (Altis) facelift images leaked-2016toyotacorollafaceliftrearthreequarterliveimages.jpg

Toyota Corolla (Altis) facelift images leaked-2016toyotacorollafaceliftfoglampsheadlampstaillampsandwheelliveimages.jpg

Toyota Corolla (Altis) facelift images leaked-2016toyotacorollafaceliftdashboardliveimages.jpg

Toyota Corolla (Altis) facelift images leaked-2016toyotacorollafaceliftinstrumentclusterliveimages.jpg

Toyota Corolla (Altis) facelift images leaked-2016toyotacorollafaceliftcenterconsoleliveimages.jpg

Toyota Corolla (Altis) facelift images leaked-2016toyotacorollafaceliftinteriorchangesliveimages.jpg

The 2017 facelift is expected to be launched in India sometime next year.

Drive 2 Russia
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 14:34   #17
BHPian

My speculation of what we can expect when Altis facelift is launched in India
- Finally, Altis will get 6 airbags in the highest variant (following footpath of Innova Crysta)
- We can expect prices of all variants to be increased from 1.5 lakhs (J variant) to 3 lakhs (VL variant)
- There are chances of hybrid being launched
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 18:11   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly they should introduce a better diesel motor. There is nothing much otherwise wrong with the car. Adding a bigger engine will possibly make the car more attractive without taking away from its otheriwse spacious comfortable and relaible USP. But then the way things are going in our country with the NGT, soon enough Toyota might be having the last laugh as future of diesel engines is rather grim at the moment.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 19:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Honestly they should introduce a better diesel motor. There is nothing much otherwise wrong with the car.
I doubt will happen though. They do not have any Corolla variant with a small capacity diesel in any market that I know of. And the volumes in India is not large enough to merit the investment. In fact, I fully expect the current diesel variant to probably die out over time- by the next refresh, if not in this one itself.

What I think is likely, and has been speculated upon widely, is the introduction of a Hybrid Corolla. The hybrid Corolla is proposed to be part of the variant lineup in different markets, and I hope it makes its way to India as well.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 21:19   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
In fact, I fully expect the current diesel variant to probably die out over time- by the next refresh, if not in this one itself.

What I think is likely, and has been speculated upon widely, is the introduction of a Hybrid Corolla. The hybrid Corolla is proposed to be part of the variant lineup in different markets, and I hope it makes its way to India as well.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...la-401849.aspx
ACI says so too.
In fact, the 1.4 D-4D is the sole small diesel engine that Toyota has, and I don't think they will be willing to develop a new one, when they already have edge in the hybrid tech. In Europe they use BMW's 1.6l diesel engine, but little chance it would end up here,

Also the Corolla's hatchback namesake, the Auris has a hybrid engine based on the existing 1.8 engine. And it's priced the same or even less than the 1.4 D-4D or 1.6 D-4D (BMW)

Hope TKM would bring the hybrid option of the Corolla to India, though it's highly unlikely they would bring it till the next generation.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 02:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
- Finally, Altis will get 6 airbags in the highest variant (following footpath of Innova Crysta)
Hopefully.

Quote:
- We can expect prices of all variants to be increased from 1.5 lakhs (J variant) to 3 lakhs (VL variant)
Nope not happening. It's not a new generation car. Just a facelift. Also, Corolla has some formidable competitors, Innova doesn't really have a competitor from a non-desi company.

Quote:

- There are chances of hybrid being launched
I've never heard of Corolla hybrid. The prius is the car people buy when they want what the corolla offers+hybrid technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Honestly they should introduce a better diesel motor.
Not happening.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks