Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2004, 05:43   #1
BHPian

Probably more than 15-20 mils out there..what do you think??

Actually I should say priceless..

Hope you like it..

I dont know if I was reading on this forum or was it some other forum, but more than 10% of world'd Mc Larens are with one person..can you guess who??

_Crazi4Speed_
Old 28th February 2004, 06:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

10% holy shit thats crazy.....
dyu mean 10% of mclaren f1's (ie the roadcar)?

Id say sultan of brunei.....just coz i really cant think of anyone else...except...mr bean..hahahaha
Old 28th February 2004, 07:23   #3

i'd say THE king of brunei as well- if anybody can have 2 of them, its him.
Old 28th February 2004, 11:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys

Mr Bean has one Mclaren F1 but yes I have heard that that dude known as Jay Leno has 5 of them hmmm... I wonder if I'm a long lost relative of his.

Cheers

P.S His latest addition the Mercedes Mclaren SLR
Old 29th February 2004, 03:35   #5
BHPian

Hey,
Most of you are right, Sultan of Brunei is the lucky dog.. actually its not him who is the car freak, its his brother and son who have been crazi about cars and have been THE biggest collectors in the world, with more than 4500 cars, yes thats not 450, its 4500 , crazi haah, there are many cars that he has and there will not be any exotic car that was ever made and that he doesnt have. he even has prototypes which are never suppose to be sold..he infact has all the Mc larens variations in all possible different colors..I really dont think jay lano has 5 mcls..i could be wrong, but i have seen many shows about his car collection and never heard of him having 5 mclarens, cuz thats pretty big, would have to say 2nd biggest after sultan himself..sultan also has the only clk gtr right hand drive ever made..and few others..which i have never even heard off...

One lucky guy haah!!

Anyhow even if I had that kind of money , my max collection wouldnt exceed 100 I think..I would never get 2 of the same car until there is slight difference like one is GT and the other one is not, or one is converti and the other is not..

anyhow hope u guys liked the pictures, i have many more, one very similar to this is that of diablos, if you are interested..

l8r
Old 29th February 2004, 03:49   #6
BHPian

Hey, I just read an article which said that Jay only has one of the Mc Larens and its his fav, jay is more of a vintage car freak..he was also the first person to test drive the SLR, mercedes gave him special invitation to come to their testing grounds to break the car, and jay has some really good stuff to say about the car..one major thing he likes is that its super fast and its super luxurious unlike the mclaren..but mclaren still remains his fav...

Ralph Lauren has 2 of them...and Mr bean as you said screwed it up, but got it rebuilt and to do that he had to send it to the factory, what i fail to understand is, that he was driving it at 30 mph when he rear ended someone..that sounds strange..imagine if i were to rear end it at 130 or 230??what would happen?? this makes the car sound very fragile..anyhow..its an awesome car and I am waiting for some super rich car freak to buy one in india..

Cheers..
Old 29th February 2004, 11:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry CFS

With the way super cars are coming into India ..... Your prayers would be answed soon and behold when you come to India you'll see a Mclaren F1 at the airport

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks