Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2019, 19:21   #136
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T Cross - A compact crossover based on the Polo. EDIT: Now unveiled

Well, The T-Cross looks like upmarket with plush interiors but if reports are to be believed then it's only going to be petrol only affair in India as VW for some reasons going to skip the diesel variant.
Old 30th April 2019, 09:49   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T Cross - A compact crossover based on the Polo. EDIT: Now unveiled

Volkswagen T Cross brisk production in Brazil:

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 16:50   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

T Cross(1.0-litre , 6MT) reviewed (EU version)

Volkswagen T Cross - A compact crossover based on the Polo. EDIT: Now unveiled-00.jpg

Volkswagen T Cross - A compact crossover based on the Polo. EDIT: Now unveiled-1.jpg

Quote:
Despite positive points, the T-Cross does feel like it lacks a definite personality
Quote:
Volkswagen’s familiar 113bhp 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo petrol unit is plenty punchy enough for a car of this size, with 0-62mph taking 10.2 seconds. The flexibility afforded by its 200Nm of torque means the performance is easily accessible. It’s all delivered with the refinement and polish you’d expect from a VW, with a light, sweet shift from the six-speed manual box.
Quote:
This feeling also extends to the car’s ride and handling. The T-Cross sits on VW’s smaller MQB A0 platform and it behaves neatly. The ride is occasionally busy, but it’s settled on the motorway and absorbent at lower speeds in urban areas.
Quote:
It’s on bumpy mid-speed country roads – with inconsistent surfaces and corners – where it struggles to cope sometimes, but this isn’t too often or really any worse than in its rivals.
Link
Old 22nd May 2019, 13:30   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

India bound VW T Cross, Euro Ncap tested,

Volkswagen T Cross - A compact crossover based on the Polo. EDIT: Now unveiled-1.jpg

volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:47   #140
Senior - BHPian

I saw the T-Cross on road for the first time last week. I must say it's a smart looking thing on the road. Let's hope VW will price it sensibly in India.
Old 10th June 2019, 15:53   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

VW's T Cross gets a 1.6-litre four-cylinder diesel engine.

Quote:
Volkswagen’s new turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder diesel produces 94bhp and 250Nm of torque in the T-Cross. Buyers can choose from either a five-speed manual or a seven-speed automatic gearbox, with the latter commanding a premium over the former.

0–62mph times for the two gearboxes stand at 11.9s and 12.5s respectively.

Link
Old 12th July 2019, 18:20   #142
BHPian

Moved to this thread after Kia's half-baked features fiasco in top-end variants. I initially thought of going with the Seltos but there is no proper top end which has all the features hence i call it half-baked.

My next hope is to own the T-Cross when launched next year in India. Being a VW owner, i know i would get much better gear box and driving dynamics which are any day better than Korean or Japanese cars. What do you guys recommend? Worth the wait?
Old 13th July 2019, 20:20   #143
Senior - BHPian

I am in the same boat as well though I have not ruled out the Seltos. If you have some time, it will be wise to wait for next Generation Creta, Skoda Kamiq and VW TCross. However, the Skoda and VW cars are not coming before 2021. So, that's a long wait of almost 2 years
Old 15th July 2019, 23:11   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Moved to this thread after Kia's half-baked features fiasco in top-end variants. I initially thought of going with the Seltos but there is no proper top end which has all the features hence i call it half-baked.

My next hope is to own the T-Cross when launched next year in India. Being a VW owner, i know i would get much better gear box and driving dynamics which are any day better than Korean or Japanese cars. What do you guys recommend? Worth the wait?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am in the same boat as well though I have not ruled out the Seltos. If you have some time, it will be wise to wait for next Generation Creta, Skoda Kamiq and VW TCross. However, the Skoda and VW cars are not coming before 2021. So, that's a long wait of almost 2 years
One one side while the Seltos looked promising with a 1.4 DCT, the driving characteristics are unclear and hits and misses with the features is only adding to the confusion.

I was hoping that The T-Cross with the 1.0 TSI would debut at least for Diwali - which is about a year since the international launch - but given that VW is still in strategy-slumber, it looks more like early 2021

For wishful thinking's sake, I'm now banking on Honda to offer the HR-V with an optional 1.5 iVtec CVT, hopefully by Diwali and south of 20L

Last edited by pannags : 15th July 2019 at 23:21.
Old 26th July 2019, 15:33   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
For wishful thinking's sake, I'm now banking on Honda to offer the HR-V with an optional 1.5 iVtec CVT, hopefully by Diwali and south of 20L
Same! I am also looking forward to how Honda packages the HRV.
Old 3rd August 2019, 00:16   #146
BHPian

Here is a detailed review of the T-Cross R-line spec from Ireland

The R-line retails at 20500 Euros, which translates to 15.9 lakh INR.

With the MBQ-A0-IN India specific platform, VW should be able to offer the mini SUV in the 15-20 lakh OTR range.
Old 6th August 2019, 16:06   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen is rumoured to have begun work on the coupe variant of T Cross. Market launch in late 2020.

Volkswagen T Cross - A compact crossover based on the Polo. EDIT: Now unveiled-2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 19:42   #148
BHPian

Meanwhile, as VW celebrates 10 years of the Polo in India, the T-Cross quietly finds it way into South African markets.

Quote:
Volkswagen’s much awaited T-Cross compact SUV will make its debut on South African soil at next weekend’s Festival of Motoring, presented by Wesbank, at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit.

The Polo-based SUV, which will be pitched against rivals like the Ford Ecosport and Renault Captur, will be launched in SA with one engine and two transmission options. Power comes from a 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol offered in 70kW and 85kW outputs. Both versions can be paired to either a six-speed manual or seven-speed dual clutch automatic.
Full report: Timeslive
Old 10th September 2019, 16:41   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

T Cross for India will be basically the Global CUV with a lot of bling

Old 17th September 2019, 09:48   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

T Cross - some data of the 1.0TSI Variant ( of interest to the Indian Variant)

Simply VW:

Overall, the look is simple, but too cool for ones taste.

Infamous, but surely:

The truth is that the T-Cross will not dazzle you with some swift and super-comfortable ride.

Conclusion:

Quote:
The T-Cross may seem nonsense to you, but today it would be pointless if Volkswagen did not offer it to customers looking for small SUVs and crossovers. The technology is not a breakthrough, the Germans had everything "in stock" and was enough to create a coherent whole. The designers did not worry too much about the design, they created something more sedate and simple, the main goal being functionality. And as the first hundreds of miles show a functional and variable T-Cross inside it really is.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed