Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:31   #1
BHPian

Aston Martin Vulcan

Yet another super car (no, it’s a hyper car), joins the busy list of exotics coming their way.
Ford GT
Bugatti Chiron
McLaren P14
Lamborgini Asterion
Chevrolet Corvette Zora

These are the vehicles that make news each time they shed a bit of camo to the whole world.

So what is it??

“Vulcan” is the God of fire as per ancient Roman myth. Seems British are running out of names for their cars from their home land. Ask Jermy Clarkson, he would give thousands of better and insane names for it. Somebody please talk to Amazon.

Talking about car, it’s the super car unveiled by Aston Martin Lagonda Limited in 2015 Geneva Motor Show. It carries the heart of AM Vantage GT3 racer, a 6.0L V12 churning out over 800bhp, in a new skin of carbon fiber.
In terms of figures, it is said to be nowhere close to the Mclaren P1 GTR’s 986bhp, and Ferrari FXXK’s 1036bhp monsters. Like P1 GTR & FXXK, Vulcan too is track only machine. Built to slay the tyres and rip apart the asphalt on the tracks. But saying that, it’s worthy to mention, Vulcan doesn’t have a road-legal predecessor to it.

Aston Martin Vulcan is by far the most extreme car from the British automaker, but if we look at Ferrari and McLaren, they have been in the game for quite some time now and have released models like these before, suggesting that while Aston Martin is definitely in the game; others have been in the game much longer.

Like all above (may be except Chiron), Vulcan will lay on events at key tracks all over the world, train its drivers in fitness and nutrition and provide one-to-one track side tuition for those who want it. And it’s one piece of an art to be preserved for generations. And yea, only 24 of them will be produced, and I guess by now they are already booked out. Please don’t ask the price, too lazy to put too many zero’s.

Just to see how it performs on paper (Excel here), with their figures;
Note: - Figures are approximate, and taken from various inputs featured on web.
Attached Thumbnails
Aston Martin Vulcan-capture.jpg  

redbaron91 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 10:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Aston Martin Vulcan

Its 1.5 million pounds.
The ferrari and the mclaren may have better standing, better stakes as supercar makers, but nothing says taste and premium quite like an Aston Martin.
Attached Thumbnails
Aston Martin Vulcan-2016astonmartinvulcanphotosandinfonewscaranddriverphoto656830soriginal.jpg  

Aston Martin Vulcan-2016astonmartinvulcaninline4photo657176soriginal.jpg  

Aston Martin Vulcan-2016astonmartinvulcaninline3photo657175soriginal.jpg  

mayankk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 15:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Aston Martin Vulcan

I am surprised that we are only discussing this car now, almost a year after it was unveiled! But like they say, better late than never.
So here's a full geeky look into the Vulcan, including how it comes with two steering wheels, the start-up procedure and how the hydraulic jacks work, courtesy geek-lord Mr. Saab Kyle.

And if you prefer more action, here's Top Gear spanking the Vulcan around Yas Marina circuit. Flame-splitting and tire-smoking included.
http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/vulcan/first-drive
Aston Martin Vulcan-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456308764.629755.jpg
Aston Martin Vulcan-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456308773.627457.jpg
Aston Martin Vulcan-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456308785.863495.jpg
Aston Martin Vulcan-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456308797.430388.jpg
Aston Martin Vulcan-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456308805.513467.jpg
Aston Martin Vulcan-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456308812.964468.jpg

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Its 1.5 million pounds.

Around 1.8 million pounds was what Aston Martin was asking at the time of launch. The red one featured in the video above is now up for sale for a whopping 2.4 million pounds or $3.4 million! That is still cheaper than what people are asking today for a LaFerrari.

Last edited by shyn : 24th February 2016 at 15:52.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 17:09   #4
BHPian

Now a days, most of the super car manufactures plonk some of their high end engines and couple it with electric motors to bring out unbelievable Bhp figures and torque enough to move the planet Earth out of solar system. Doing so, are they missing the rawness of pure mechanical power out of a IC engine & turbo?

In this way, I guess Vulcan is lot more unique. They tried to better a car from their own stable (AM one-77).

I always wonder about this, how it would be behind the wheel of hyper cars. Is it just a lot of power on demand and some noise? Saying that, I am almost alien to super car performance (except when I had a change to get behind the wheel of Audi R8 V10 & Gallardo).

Will there ever be some space left for pure IC engines in this era of hybrids?

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2016 at 10:23. Reason: Language
redbaron91 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 28th February 2016, 10:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post

I always wonder about this, how it would be behind the wheel of hyper cars. Is it just a lot of power on demand and some noise? Saying that, I am almost alien to super car performance (except when I had a change to get behind the wheel of Audi R8 V10 & Gallardo).

Will there ever be some space left for pure IC engines in this era of hybrids?

Wonder is all that we lesser mortals can, alas! I did have a short stint behind the wheels of a Jaguar XK-R S and F-type R and if that was anything to go by, then these hybrid sports/super/hyper cars can only be much much better. They have all the drama and emotion of an internal combustion engine with the added 'boost' of electricity. It can only be a good thing, right?
And with over a hundred years and gazillion dollars invested in the internal combustion engines, it is safe to assume that they will be around for a long long time. But just pure ICE powered cars, I think they will still be around for atleast a decade more. The battery technology is still being developed and at a lightning fast pace. As the cost, complexity and weight comes down, they will start becoming more mainstream. But that is still some years away, if not decades.
Old 12th January 2021, 00:00   #6
BHPian

Aston Martin Vulcan listed for sale on Autotrader UK for £1,695,000 with 3,333 miles on the clock
Aston Martin Vulcan-0e879ab8accb4179a3acf9043ef94e73.png

Aston Martin Vulcan-1da151dfd6b94194a9c8aff1430174c8.jpeg
Darkviper is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks