Team-BHP - Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/173761-honda-unveils-civic-hatchback-prototype-geneva.html)

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-hondacivichatchbackconceptgenevaside.jpg

The 2017 Honda Civic five-door hatchback prototype was unveiled at the Swiss show, ahead of its anticipated U.S. launch next year.

Going to hit the US market, this hatch is designed to be way beyond Europe, and thereby giving hopes for an Indian debut as well. Hope for the best! :)

That center aligned twin exhaust does add some magic to the hotness.

Source: Honda and images sourced from carscoops, Honda, civicx

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-civicp4.jpg

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-civicp18.jpg

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-civicp22.jpg

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-civicp24.jpg

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-hondacivicsdn_100547426_m.jpg

What's with Honda and its lame new design language? Have some Mahindra stylists taken over the Honda design team? There are simply too many cuts & creases - all their designs are now overdone.

We saw this on the BR-V too. Looks awful to my eyes, although I understand there is a large part of the market that is drawn to this kind of styling.

Exactly what I thought when I first saw the car from rear.
Those black honeycomb 'patches' on bumper were started with Mobilio and really looked nice then are getting bigger with Jazz and now on Civic they are really an eyesore to me.

Then coming to so many cuts and creases, it would act as a double-edged sword in our market.

Honda is funky and Toyota is boring is the theme since long in our market and it still continues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3923803)
What's with Honda and its lame new design language? Have some Mahindra stylists taken over the Honda design team? There are simply too many cuts & creases - all their designs are now overdone.

We saw this on the BR-V too. Looks awful to my eyes, although I understand there is a large part of the market that is drawn to this kind of styling.

I like hatchbacks but I am not a big fan of the Lime Green bits or that over-sized gaping intakes up front. Looks too "Ricer" for my taste .Although this outlandish body kit , along with that dual center exhausts could indicate the design direction of the Si or even the Type R. It can work well for those 2 high performance models.
Expect the front to be a lot more toned down and mature - more or less like the current 10th Gen Sedan/Coupe. The rear does remind me of a modern take on the Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback though

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-155963.jpg

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please upload pics directly to the forum, as explained in the Announcements section. Thanks. I've helped you with it this time.

The 2017 Honda Civic Type-R, which is all set to be launched in Europe this summer, made its global debut at the Geneva Auto Show on March 7, 2017. The car was also unveiled on March 26, 2017 at the AutoCon, an automotive performance and tuning event held in Los Angeles.

The type-R is available only as a hatchback and comes with a 2.0-liter VTEC-turbo charged, in-line four cylinder engine, making 306 hp at 6500 RPM and up to 295 lb-ft of torque between 2500-4500 RPM. Power will be transferred to the front wheels through a six-speed manual transmission equipped with automatic rev-matching for smoother downshifts.

The hot hatch has different driving modes like Comfort, Sport and Race modes. Based on the mode selected, the damping force, steering response, gear shift feeling and throttle response of the car can be modified.

The Type R will be built in Swindon, U.K and will be exported across Europe and to other markets around the world, including Japan and the US. The car's arrival in the US will mark the first time that any Honda-badged Type R has been officially sold there.

Attaching a few pictures of the car here.

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-1.jpg

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-2.jpg

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-3.jpg

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-4.jpg

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-5.jpg

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-6.jpg

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-7.jpg

Sources:

Honda Civic Type-R preview Start-up and Exhaust sound

All new Honda Civic Type-R debuts at the Geneva Motor Show

Motortrend: Honda Civic Type-R Start Engine

Here is a teaser of the 2017 Honda Civic Type-R, posted by Honda in their Youtube channel.

The exhaust note is awesome :D

2017 Honda Civic Type-R

The car features an unconventional triple tip exhaust. Honda calls it the Center Exit Triple Exhaust Tip System. It is designed to make the car roar louder at lower engine RPM, and at higher engine RPM the extra outlet is claimed to help reduce resonance and create a throaty growl.

Many other features of the car are listed here

Found many interesting facts about the 2017 Honda Civic Type-R at www.auto123.com

Quoting from www.auto123.com, for the reading pleasure of BHPians :)

Quote:

Here are the top 10 things you need to know about the Civic Type R:

1. It’s not only the first Type R-badged Honda to be available in Canada (the previous generations were sold overseas exclusively), but also the fastest and most powerful Honda ever sold in North America.

2. Based on the 5-door Honda Civic Hatchback, the new Civic Type R boasts substantially upgraded components, many of which have been tuned and tested on the Nürburgring: unique spring, damper and bushing settings, new Dual-Axis front suspension (for improved at-the-limit cornering and reduced torque steer), new 4-wheel Adaptive Suspension System, retuned and adaptive electric power steering, etc.

3. Stiffer, yet lighter: There’s a 38% increase in torsional rigidity and 45% gain in bending rigidity versus the previous Civic Type R. Meanwhile, the aluminum hood contributes to a reduction of 16 kg (35 lb) versus that same Type R, and 7 kg (15 lb) when compared with the base 2017 Civic Hatchback.

4. The direct-injected and turbocharged 2.0L i-VTEC engine under the hood produces 306 hp at 6,500 rpm and 295 lb-ft of torque from 2,500-4,500 rpm, pitting the Civic Type R directly against the Subaru WRX STI and Ford Focus RS.

5. The lone transmission choice is not a CVT, thankfully, but rather Honda’s excellent short-throw, 6-speed manual gearbox. It features rev-matching capability, employing automatic throttle blips for smoother shifts and power delivery.

6. Drivers can select one of three modes: Comfort, Sport (default) or +R. These adjust steering and throttle response, transmission rev-matching, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), and the Adaptive Damper System.

7. Tires and brakes with a lot of bite: The car’s 20” alloy wheels are shod with 245/30R20 Continental ContiSportContact 6 performance tires and slow down using 4-piston Brembo calipers that clamp 350mm (13.8”) cross-drilled rotors at the front and 305mm (12”) solid rotors at the rear.

8. Fully loaded: The single-trim Civic Type R comes with heavily bolstered sports seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift boot, an aluminum shift knob, aluminum sport pedals, a red Type R driver's meter, and a serialized Type R plate on the centre console. Of course, there are plenty of gadgets and technologies, too.

9. The 2017 Honda Civic Type R will be manufactured in Swindon, England, with its 2.0L turbo engine made by Honda at its Anna, Ohio engine plant.

10. Look for it to arrive in Canadian showrooms this summer starting in the low $40k range, Honda says.

Source: Top 10 things about the Honda 2017 Civic Type-R

Honda Civic Type R laps record time of 7 minutes, 43.80 seconds at Nürburgring, becomes fastest production front-wheel-drive car in the world.

Link to the news article.

2017 Honda Civic scores 4 stars in EURO NCAP tests,

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-capture.jpg

Honda unveils Civic hatchback 'prototype' in Geneva-1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMozW_JGcOQ