Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 08:29   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Next-gen Skoda Yeti coming in 2018. EDIT: Named Karoq

Frankly, it looks disappointing and derivative of the Ateca/Tiguan. The Yeti's quirky looks made it stand apart

Last edited by ajmat : 20th September 2016 at 09:46.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 09:02   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Frankly, it looks disappointing and derivative of the Ateca/Tiguan. The Yeti's quirky looks made it stand apart
I couldn't agree more.

Last week at the ASC I was parked and then an Audi Q3 came and parked right next to me.

Even though I say it myself, my Yeti actually looks much more distinctive.

They have removed the quirkiness in this new avatar and in some way taken away from the Yeti's innate characterful presence in favour of going towards the typical "safe" "middle of the road" styling.

None of these new designers seem to want to showcase their points of view through their design!

Last edited by ajmat : 20th September 2016 at 09:47.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 10:21   #18
BHPian

Replace that grill with Mahindra grill and the front becomes an XUV 500. After the Octavia, Superb and Kodiak, I dont think Yeti is gonna get the same wow feeling that Skoda got for those 3.
Old 3rd October 2016, 07:52   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

2018 Skoda Yeti to take inspiration from new Kodiaq - has been signed off, design chief Jozef Kaban confirms to AC.

Quote:
Yeti’s current distinctive boxy style wouldn’t be abandoned completely. But he also acknowledged that the Kodiaq, Skoda’s new large SUV, would inform its look. Potential customers are expected to get their first chance to see the new Yeti in mid-2017
Quote:
the next Yeti will look up to its bigger brother, rather than simply being cut from the same cloth. As with any family, the big brother will have influence, but each member of the family will have their own spectacular talents
The switch to the MQB platform also means the new Yeti will sit in the VW Group’s range alongside the Seat Ateca, VW Tiguan and Audi Q3, giving the firm its most convincing SUV line-up .

2018 Yeti
Old 3rd October 2016, 16:25   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Next Gen Yeti rendered after info. from its chief designer reveals a bit of its design,

Next-gen Skoda Yeti coming in 2018. EDIT: Named Karoq-skoda_yeti_2017_novy_render_perex_lepsi_800_600.jpg

Quote:
Mechanically the new Yeti have more in common with Skoda Octavia than Kodiaq SUV. Or Seatem Ateca , if you will. Also, if the Yeti can be expected under the hood liter three-cylinder. And as Mlada Boleslav hatchback and station wagon probably gets even plus safety that might even bring some form of autonomous control as a function of the Traffic Jam Assist.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 16:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Skoda has seen a sudden spike in the demand for the Yeti that eastern European/Russian plants are running an extra shift to meet the demand. The only thing I can see for this, besides the rising demand for crossovers is the facelift that made the design more palatable. Skoda was never really known for quirky designs, its better to play safe than end up with a Fiat multipla successor.

The new Yeti will be a better version of the current car, no quirks and mostly focused on space, which is to be Skoda's USP going forward.
Old 8th October 2016, 06:55   #22
BANNED

http://www.carwale.com/news/next-sko...gn-cues-25186/

Do look at this rendition which I just saw on Carwale - the new Yeti Xtreme.

Looks very like the original Yeti but far more aggressive.

Nice looking beast this!
Old 8th October 2016, 21:01   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeti 2018 rendered as per the vision of Jozef Kaban

The Yeti before the end of 2017 will be presented (perhaps in Frankfurt) and will be in showrooms by 2018.

Next-gen Skoda Yeti coming in 2018. EDIT: Named Karoq-2018skodayeti.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 06:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Next Gen Yeti rendered after info. from its chief designer reveals a bit of its design,

Attachment 1562133

Link
Quote:
Yeti 2018 rendered as per the vision of Jozef Kaban

The Yeti before the end of 2017 will be presented (perhaps in Frankfurt) and will be in showrooms by 2018.

Attachment 1564346

Link
The first rendering has a certain resemblance to the current one. The second one looks very different. Which one will it be I wonder?
Old 9th October 2016, 07:21   #25
BANNED

I believe, with the overall direction that their design is taking, the second option is more likely. This is definitely more "middle of the road" which is pretty much where their design is headed.

And it does look a lot like the new upcoming Kodiaq. It stands to reason that the new Yeti will stick with the Kodiaq DNA and "family design cues" more or less a la the Audi - take a look and see the Q7, Q5 and Q3 and now Q2 all look like slightly scaled down or scaled up versions of each other, depending upon the order in which you are viewing the line-up.

Im thinking the same thought process would apply to Skoda too.

Personally, however, I simply love the quirkiness of the original Yeti's design. That car looks totally cool and full of character, with those little round fog lamps, floating roof design and all. Neat little beast.
Now sadly, watered down a lot with all this "middle of the road" design policy nonsense.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 13:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Yes - the singularity definitely added to the overall package. Made it a one of a kind vehicle. Sad that they've decided to take the safer option.
Old 10th October 2016, 20:16   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Gen Next Yeti rendered again will lose some of its design cues to accommodate the Kodiaq and Ateca look.
Next-gen Skoda Yeti coming in 2018. EDIT: Named Karoq-articlenuevoskodayeti2017precios57fb95c730fe0.jpg

Would be more spacious, in all directions than the current Yeti. Also to be noted there will be another entry level CUV in Skoda's line up similar to the VW's Polo Crossover.

Quote:
And, to begin with, with an increase of length that it should be already even above 4.35 metres, more or less with the Ateca Seat online. The reason is simple: the Volkswagen Group is preparing for the development of new small under the same platform SUV, so that, in addition to the already announced Seat Arona and the Volkswagen Polo SUV future, there will be replica at Skoda on the Fabia. And the great Kodiaq (4.70 m) long gap intermediate.
Engines:
Quote:
the new Skoda Yeti 2017 should not change much the current offer of the Ateca Seat. In gasoline, its current engine 1.2 TSI 110 HP will now give way to the new engine 1.0 of 115 HP and only a 3-cylinder TSI, promising to secure lower consumption. Already over, the blocks 1.4 TSI, perhaps in its two versions of 125 and 150 HP Eastern with cylinder cut-out system should now close the proposal in gasoline
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th October 2016 at 20:17.
Old 12th October 2016, 12:13   #28
NKR
BHPian

Quote:
Gen Next Yeti rendered again will lose some of its design cues to accommodate the Kodiaq and Ateca look.
The last of the Indian Skoda that sported the Characteristic Skoda look was the Laura and Fabia/Rapid. The new Octavia and the rendered pictures of Yeti 17 and the Kodiaq borrows heavily from the Audi Design philosophy making them more modern yet conservative.Having said that they look wonderful and adopts to the minimalist yet modern design philosophy of the Audi's, understated yet elegant.

One of the reasons, in my opinion, that the Yeti did not achieve a significant success was the absence of an Auto Transmission. I hope they consider a decent ( Hopefully error free) DSG this time. Considering the fact that, almost all of the owners will be taking their rides out in cities most of the time this seems a sensible choice. I also hope that, they price it right

India is also sensibly moving towards Petrol. A petrol automatic surely is in my wish list, if its priced right. Skoda could look at the pricing strategy of Creta Petrol Auto which is, I believe,2 Lakhs less than the Diesel Variant.

The feedback from the Customers ( Self included) and the bad reviews and horror stories of After Sales Service may have prompted the Skoda to come out with their new 4 year programme. I hope they don't goof it up this time.

Last edited by SDP : 12th October 2016 at 14:23. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag
Old 12th October 2016, 12:51   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1564804

Would be more spacious, in all directions than the current Yeti. Also to be noted there will be another entry level CUV in Skoda's line up similar to the VW's Polo Crossover.

Engines:

Source
This one looks promising, more like a Tiguan with a different grill. In fact I notice some design clues from new Q3. Apparently beyond appearance, they are bringing in MQB platform, more engine and gearbox options and more practical interior. Its a good strategy where all Audi technolgoies are transferred to its cheaper siblings (VW and then Skoda) over course of time.

I always felt Yeti is like a premature baby thrown out of womb in 7th-8th month when it should have been getting its characteristic look. But good to see the style maturing over time and leaving its quirkiness.
Purely my perspective. All of these renders are much better looking than the hideous ones currently on road.
Old 16th October 2016, 11:20   #30
NKR
BHPian

The International reviews of the new Kodiaq, is very encouraging. They are comparing it with the Q7 for not only its looks but also its features. I hope the new Yeti takes the cue and then make a comparative model to the Q5 in its features, albeit with an affordable price tag
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks