Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 15:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Indonesia: Honda Brio facelift unveiled

Honda has unveiled the refreshed Brio in Indonesia.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-401187.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Indonesia: Honda Brio facelift unveiled-brio1.jpg  

Indonesia: Honda Brio facelift unveiled-brio2.jpg  

Indonesia: Honda Brio facelift unveiled-brio3.jpg  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 7th April 2016 at 15:30.
RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 15:51   #2
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

The black grill on red body looks pretty good. being a Brio owner, it saddens me that this version would not have many takers/ Brio has a very good engine, and now decent interiors, but where it lacks is boot space. I doubt this facelift would help them in getting much sales. What Brio needs is the next generation model, for Honda to come back in this segment of increasing competition.
Old 7th April 2016, 19:01   #3
BHPian

I very much doubt this kind of face lift can revive the Brio in India. Indians have totally rejected the all glass hatch and of course the tiny boot space of the car and if a new generation Brio is ever launched, it will have to correct these two issues first. Also Brio needs a CVT desperately as its primarily a city hatch.

PS: I doubt the classy black grill will be introduced in India; most likely it will be replaced with a 4-5 inch thick slab of chrome.
Old 7th April 2016, 19:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

The only reason why Brio doesn't sell much nowadays is the price point at which this dated product is being offered.
Check the price of the S MT and you will notice you are very close the Baleno base model, which actually offers much more than the Brio S MT, except the music system.
So you get a much bigger seating space and boot space for a marginal increase in price.

But then, Honda is always known to price its products higher to maintain a premium image. This can work in the City & Jazz segment, but not a very good idea in the Brio segment.
Old 11th April 2016, 10:09   #5
BHPian

Honda will be launching the facelifted Brio in India by 2016 - end, will have slight increase in power and torque figures at 90PS and 110Nm of torque while the earlier models produced 88PS and 109Nm of torque. The transmission options to be offered are a 5 - speed manual and a 5 - speed earth dreams CVT unit, as in the Amaze. The changes to the rear are a thick chrome strip on the tailgate, LED - HMSL and a spoiler.
Indonesia: Honda Brio facelift unveiled-hondabriofaceliftfeaturedimage.jpg
Quote:
The Brio facelift gets a bold single slat radiator grille, wider front bumper with a solid profile and wider fog lamp housing. The side profile remains unchanged except for new 14-inch alloys. The rear doesn’t get any substantial additions/changes over the earlier model except for a chrome strip on the tail gate, spoiler and LED stop lamp. However, the RS variant gets all the snazzy updates which include projector lights, LED position lamps, 15-inch dual tone alloys, side skirts and RS badges.

The one area where the Honda Brio always received criticism was the interior. Last year, Honda introduced a new VX grade with all-black upholstery and a touchscreen audio-video navigation unit. The 2016 Honda Brio gets a completely redesigned dashboard and a new central panel. It gets a new steering wheel and a 2-DIN entertainment system with improved plastics, as seen on the Amaze facelift. The dual-tone beige and black upholstery has been carried from the earlier model. The RS variant, on the other hand gets all-black seats with orange highlights and RS badges.
The Honda Brio that’s presently sold in India is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol motor that puts out 88PS of power at 6,000rpm and generates 109Nm at 4,500rpm. This motor is offered with a 5-speed manual transmission. It also gets an optional 5-speed automatic. The 2016 Honda Brio gets a slight increase in power and torque figures at 90PS and 110Nm. In addition to the manual gearbox, the new Brio will also be offered with a Earth Dreams CVT unit, the same as in the Amaze.

We expect Honda India to bring the Brio facelift by the end of this year. The Honda Brio competes with the Hyundai i10 and the Chevrolet Beat in India.
Source: http://overdrive.in/news/2016-honda-...-of-this-year/
Old 11th April 2016, 18:02   #6
BHPian

Re: Indonesia: Honda Brio facelift unveiled

Apart from a well needed cosmetic upgrade, the most important addition to me is the rear wiper.
I dont think that this will change the stars of the vehicle in India unless there is a severe price cut- it will sell if its priced within 3.7-5.5l
Old 11th April 2016, 22:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

So they added the Mobilio R spec parts to the Brio and viola, the new Brio!
We should get this soon too since the new Amaze get a new interior now.
Old 12th April 2016, 03:18   #8
BHPian

Loved the finish of Brio facelift than the chrome Amaze facelift.
Only of they could tackle the Brio drinking problem!
It is a good product from Honda stable otherwise and somehow the design has aged well, especially the RS guise.
Old 12th April 2016, 06:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Looks much better. The other updates are the slight bump in power and the use of CVT.

We too had the Brio available with all black interiors for the mid variant over here. But Honda pulled the plug on it now and have launched a new top end in both MT and AT guise. Its called the VX BL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
The changes to the rear are a thick chrome strip on the tailgate, LED - HMSL and a spoiler.
From the original source used by ACI, it looks like that fake applique on the glass tailgate is a bit more modest.

Indonesia: Honda Brio facelift unveiled-hondabriors2016price630x419.jpg

I hope Honda doesn't drop the quality of the Brio like most of their new launches with this facelift. The Brio has always felt like a solid car put together with effort.
Old 12th April 2016, 09:48   #10
BANNED

I have gone through the thread. One question which is still vital for India, have they managed to shoehorn the Diesel mill into the bonnet? In many parts of India they will only look at Diesel engined cars! They may do under 10,000km a year but ...
Old 12th April 2016, 09:57   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
One question which is still vital for India, have they managed to shoehorn the Diesel mill into the bonnet?
Is it difficult? I was under the impression that the car is mechanically identical to the Amaze except for the boot.

Honda might not want to do it though as the compact sedan enjoys much better profit margins than the hatchback.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 11:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is it difficult? I was under the impression that the car is mechanically identical to the Amaze except for the boot.
Exactly. I don't think there is any difference at all except the boot. In fact, if I remember correctly, the first videos of the Honda diesel mill which surfaced were in a Brio mule car. I think it is strategy rather than anything else.
Old 12th April 2016, 12:04   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The new Amaze has a Diesel option. It required only marginal adjustment to accommodate a Diesel in the bonnet, so such a change should not be too tough to incorporate. They may not make any big noise in the Thai launch.
Old 15th April 2016, 20:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

As a Brio owner, I think the Brio is a superb car with a lot of practicality issues, so its best used as a second car in Indian families. The facelift wont help numbers rise by a considerable margin unless Honda accepts this car's limitations and do a price reduction as there are much better options in the market as far as practicality is concerned.
Old 15th April 2016, 20:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Have they managed to shoehorn the Diesel mill into the bonnet?
Why? The car isn't something I could think of taking on a highway.

Main reason: Small Boot. (Indians never pack light ) Also, it'll be an expensive hatchback.

I see Brio as a small car (alongside a corolla or a fortuner) which is a perfect urban-runabout, maybe for 600-800 kms a month. It's for the people who've got $$$ and want a small car and aren't willing to buy an Alto.

If I was going to have only one car in the garage, it'll never be a brio. It would be a swift, Grand i10 or a practical Ritz. (In the increasing order of usable space)

I don't think there's a technical hindrance.

EDIT:

IIRC, there was a thread with a video of a Brio testing with a 3-pot diesel.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 15th April 2016 at 20:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks