Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2016, 07:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 8 reasons why driving a Supercar isn't as cool as you think!

One BIG reason for driving/ owning a supercar is for the joy of driving! You cannot put a price on that!

8 reasons why driving a Supercar isn't as cool as you think!-capture12.jpg

Want to feel like a boy?

Drive one or for the lesser mortals like you and me, watch this video below. I for one cannot think about a world without supercars, both for the engineer and the young boy in me who love cars.

deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 22:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
For an astronomical price tag I get a flashy piece of metal on 4 wheels that can literally fly. But where? Trust me, boredom will come knocking sooner or later.
That's how you portray supercars, Flashy piece of metal and 4 wheels? Marvelous piece of engineering, endless hours of dedication, determination and passion is what I see when one passes by!

Quote:
Utility value they derive out of their investment.
Investment? Unless you grab one of those limited editions.

Quote:
2 men were driving along in a Merc SL cabriolet. I was sat inside my car with my family in 20 degree comfort while those blokes were literally sweating it out.
I bet they picked up the wrong keys from their lavish stable that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
This has been happening quite a lot as one can see tens of crashes of Lambos, Ferraris and Porsches along with other powerhouse performers like BMW M, Audi, Merc AMG etc which slide and slip and crash into railings, nosedive from cliffs, or rear-end other vehicles at high speeds.
Compared to how many accidents by regular cars? Let me guess, 3,50,000+/Yr in India alone

Quote:
glittery toys of the ultra-rich.
So is a regular car to poor people who can't afford 3 meals a day. Its just the perception.

Last edited by GTO : 21st April 2016 at 10:43. Reason: Debate is okay, but no sarcasm please. Removing the unnecessary bits.
VIPER_SRT is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 11:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
So is a regular car to poor people who can't afford 3 meals a day. Its just the perception.
Very true. Reminded of a post on the huracantalk forums, here it is. An important lesson in life is to be grateful for what you have!
Attached Thumbnails
8 reasons why driving a Supercar isn't as cool as you think!-1.jpg  

8 reasons why driving a Supercar isn't as cool as you think!-2.jpg  

8 reasons why driving a Supercar isn't as cool as you think!-3.jpg  

8 reasons why driving a Supercar isn't as cool as you think!-4.jpg  

8 reasons why driving a Supercar isn't as cool as you think!-5.jpg  

8 reasons why driving a Supercar isn't as cool as you think!-6.jpg  

8 reasons why driving a Supercar isn't as cool as you think!-7.jpg  

huracan.lp580 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 12:02   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

You cant be aspirational about a supercar in the sense that, "One day, I will be going to office in my Mclaren."
Someone will be getting it when the money is inconsequential. When a handful of crores are pocket change, or thereabouts. So you'll either be a "cock", or a true blue enthusiast. The former will make people hear and see his flash new ride. The latter will be happy even if he is just relishing the intricate weld on the exhaust. For the enthusiast, there is no reason to not have a supercar if he can matter-of-factly get it. The other kind will be scrounging change to buy one, and will put it on BBT when the BIG service mileage comes up.
"One day I will be going to MY office in a Mclaren." Well, carry on!

Quote:
Rowan Atkinson totalled his Ferrari and got it overhauled like it was a slap on the wrist incident, that's how the buyers are.
F1.
Bought for half a mill, repaired twice, i think, for a million, sold for 8 million. Time to buy a supercar instead of the mansion perhaps?
If being forced to choose, probably not ready then.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 19:34   #20
BHPian

Supercar/Sportscar owners of Team-bhp, how bad have the Indian roads been to your car?

In the quest for performance, most supercars have low ride height, extended splitters and flat under-bodies (all for downforce).

Indian roads aren't the best in quality, we know that as a fact reinforced by experience. As the title says, I want to know how bad have the Indian roads been to your exotic vehicles, particularly the front splitter and maybe even underbody. How often do you scrape even in normal driving, on roads that appear fine but end up damaging your car?

Last edited by raystriker : 15th October 2019 at 19:39.
raystriker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 10:39   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Supercar/Sportscar owners of Team-bhp, how bad have the Indian roads been to your car?

Apart from the Supercar/Sports car owners, an even relevant crowd to ask this question would be the modified ‘low rider’ cars in India, well.. most of them in Kerala.

After all, they are the ones who use public roads regularly. Most supercars/Sportscars spend most of their time on the track and good roads.

Name:  Screen Shot 20191016 at 10.37.53 AM.png
Views: 575
Size:  896.3 KB
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks