Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2006, 20:10   #1
BHPian

Well Good news for Diesel lovers.Still in US People hesitate to buy Diesel cars because still it is not a Hot Cake.

looks like honda may change the story.

Read below.
http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/24/auto...reut/index.htm
Old 29th May 2009, 15:38   #2
BANNED

What makes you think that Honda can change the perspective of a US buyer ? when makes like benz , BMW , volkswagen , peugeot ,Fiat are avaliable with one of the best diesels anyone can imagine about , I just dont understand how Honda can change the way about people deciding to go in for diesels .
Your post reminds me of pre elections when people in the southern states thought that the likes of vijayakanth and chiranjeevi would just have a cake walk with the elections ..LOL

The link you posted does not work .
Old 29th May 2009, 16:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
What makes you think that Honda can change the perspective of a US buyer ? when makes like benz , BMW , volkswagen , peugeot ,Fiat are avaliable with one of the best diesels anyone can imagine about , I just dont understand how Honda can change the way about people deciding to go in for diesels .
Honda's diesel has been accepted well in the European markets and I think we all know that now... just do a bit of google and it will tell you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
The link you posted does not work .
Sure, that's what happens when you open a 3+ year post and try the links...
Old 29th May 2009, 17:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

honda india themselves dont accept that they have a future with diesel engines :P
Old 29th May 2009, 17:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

When their diesel engine was launched, it was a technological marvel, just like all their petrol engines. However, unlike their petrol engines, they are not the inventors and pioneers of the greatest technologies in the diesel scene and as the years have passed, it is no longer a unique motor. I believe they didn't even license CRDI tech from Bosch because... well, because they are Honda.

And they like to work in silence. Who knows, tomorrow they'll announce that their entire range of vehicles will come with diesels. That's how they always work. How many people saw the ANHC coming? Or the new Accord V6? No one spotted test mules or smuggled classified info out of their fortresses.

Or maybe they don't have anything that runs on diesel to offer here. Who knows.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 29th May 2009 at 17:25.
Old 30th May 2009, 08:11   #6
BHPian

There is a few issues with diesel that you don't find in gasoline issues, but nothing too extreme that should prevent market saturation. I think that Honda diesel will sell as long as they keep the price competitive with market expectations. Looks good to me! Thanks for sharing Thil.
Old 30th May 2009, 08:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

skolo7, I am curious what these issue are, apart from the particulate emissions, idle clatter, and narrow rev band !

Most Viewed