Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2016, 18:16   #1
Team-BHP Support

Beijing: Next-gen Renault Koleos unveiled

Renault has unveiled the next-generation Koleos SUV, at the 2016 Beijing Motor Show. The Koleos is based on the new CMF C/D platform that underpins some other Renault vehicles such as the Espace, Talisman and Kadjar, which are on sale in international markets.

The Koleos features an R-Link 2 system which serves as a connected control centre to coordinate functions like BOSE audio, infotainment, navigation, hands-free telephony and radio. Driver aids such as active emergency braking system, lane departure warning, safe distance warning, traffic sign recognition with excess speed warning, blind spot warning, tiredness detection, rear view camera, automatic high/low beam, headlights, front, rear and side parking sensors, and easy park assist can be controlled as well.

Engine options are likely to include two petrol and two diesel units, with power outputs ranging from 128 BHP to 173 BHP. These will be mated to either a six-speed manual or an X-tronic CVT gearbox. Front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive versions of the Koleos will be available with the latter being able to switch between 2WD, 4WD Auto and 4WD Lock modes. The engine and gearbox options will be made available to different markets according to their needs.

The Koleos is expected to go on sale in international markets later this year.

Source
Beijing: Next-gen Renault Koleos unveiled-renaultkoleos2017160001.jpg

Beijing: Next-gen Renault Koleos unveiled-renaultkoleos2017160007.jpg

Beijing: Next-gen Renault Koleos unveiled-renaultkoleos2017160006.jpg

Beijing: Next-gen Renault Koleos unveiled-renaultkoleos2017160011.jpg

Beijing: Next-gen Renault Koleos unveiled-renaultkoleos2017160018.jpg

Last edited by Omkar : 25th April 2016 at 18:21.
Omkar is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 18:33   #2
BHPian

Re: Beijing: Next-gen Renault Koleos unveiled

Looks much better than the previous generation Koleos. Pretty close to the previous gen Touraeg.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 13:10   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Looks much better than the previous generation Koleos.
You can say that again! The outgoing Koleos was an eyesore (related thread) and also, horribly overpriced.

Very proportionate. I especially like the side profile. The front isn't to my taste, but the mass market should love its flashiness. If Renault India takes a bet on bringing it in via the CKD route, it might just pay off.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 13:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

The design isn't bad despite some oddities here and there. Interiors look pretty nice.

Wonder what price Renault will price this at. If it is priced at Endy levels, it might find buyers.
Old 26th April 2016, 13:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

It has sort of VW influence in the exterior design (as suggested above). If they can only concentrate on lower duster class vehicles and make the interior on these lines

Also, is it 3 row configuration?

Last edited by srishiva : 26th April 2016 at 14:14.
srishiva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 14:46   #6
Team-BHP Support

If it handles like the old one, it will be a hit however, I hope it does not come with that laggy engine and horrible auto gear box that totally spoilt the car
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 22:21   #7
BHPian

I know only one Koleos owner in India, my former boss (the man owned a Renualt dealership). I never got a chance to drive the car. But no matter how good the car, you could never convince me to spend 30 lakhs on something that looks like that (no offence to owners on this forum, if any). I have a gut feeling, Renault would have a hard time selling that old version even if they priced it on par with the Ecosport/Duster/Creta segment.

The new one looks miles better in comparison. Reminds me of SantaFe. But I am not sure how many people will be comfortable putting down the big 30 for a Renault.
CarCynic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 12:34   #8
Team-BHP Support

Considering that Koleos is effectively the X-Trail equivalent (and the same platform), wonder if this will have a 7-seater option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCynic View Post
Reminds me of SantaFe. But I am not sure how many people will be comfortable putting down the big 30 for a Renault.
If someone can pay 30 lakhs for a Honda (CR-V) or a Hyundai (Santa FE), why not for a Renault? 30 lakhs+ price range is anyway now a norm in this segment.
Old 28th April 2016, 13:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCynic View Post
I have a gut feeling, Renault would have a hard time selling that old version even if they priced it on par with the Ecosport/Duster/Creta segment.
Come on now that's a bit harsh. I am one of the few fans of the Koleos. I agree it was way too overpriced but as a used deal, it makes sense and if it was priced on par with the Creta then it would easily have wiped the floor with the cars you mentioned mate. It came with great build quality, exceptional ride and handling, decent relaxed drivetrain, impressive stereo and fresh looks. Sure the car was not a stunner but I kinda liked its restrained yet elegant nose. To say that it would have a hard time selling even if priced on par with an Ecosport or Creta, is going a bit too far.
Old 9th August 2016, 10:52   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The India-bound 2016 Renault Koleos is scheduled to be launched in Malaysia this September. Paul Tan has acquired the official brochure of this 5-seater premium SUV.

Beijing: Next-gen Renault Koleos unveiled-2016renaultkoleosbrochure111200x1714.jpg

Beijing: Next-gen Renault Koleos unveiled-2016renaultkoleosbrochure12e14703919706071200x1658.jpg

Beijing: Next-gen Renault Koleos unveiled-2016renaultkoleosbrochure141200x1716.jpg

Beijing: Next-gen Renault Koleos unveiled-2016renaultkoleosbrochure131200x1707.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks