Team-BHP - Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/181600-hyundai-creta-facelift-revealed-2016-s-o-paulo-auto-show.html)

Mod Note: Our Creta Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Hyundai has revealed the facelifted model of the Creta at the 2016 Sao Paulo Auto Show in Brazil. The updated model gets various cosmetic updates on the outside, while the interiors get a few feature additions. The new model is expected to go on sale in Brazil from January 2017.

The facelifted Creta gets a revised front fascia with a larger three-slat grille, slightly tweaked headlamps with LED DRLs, and a revamped bumper. The side profile remains identical to the model it replaces, while the rear gets a new set of taillights and a tweaked bumper.

On the inside, the dashboard layout remains mostly the same. The biggest change in the cabin is the presence of a new infotainment system that now supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

The Brazil-spec model is offered with a choice of two flex-fuel engines - a 1.6-litre unit that churns out 128 BHP and a 2.0-litre mill rated at 164 BHP. The former gets manual as well as automatic transmission options while the latter can be opted only with an automatic gearbox.

Though Hyundai hasn’t revealed any plans of launching the facelift in India as of now, it is expected to be launched later next year.

Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-hyundaicreta-2.jpg

Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-hyundaicreta-3.jpg

Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-hyundaicreta-5.jpg

Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-hyundaicreta-11.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Front grille looks a bit Datsun-ish now. :)

Otherwise, it seems to be a very mild facelift.

I think if and when Hyundai plans to launch this facelift in India they will be better off with keeping the exterior (or at least the front) the way it is now. Compared to this new look I think the existing one looks far more matured.

Look how the chrome around the grill touches the headlight, hmm... now where have i seen that before:confused: aaah, the Audi q lineup.

Hyundai has been taking way too much design cues from Audi lately. Now, it's safe to say that's more than just a coincidence.

Hyundai's Creta at the Sao Paulo Auto Show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0XpJ7qPLx8

Some more pics of the Creta for the Brazilian market.

Quote:

Hyundai promises to January the beginning of sales of the SUV Crete. The model will come with 1.6 and 2.0 engines options. Produced in the automaker's factory in Piracicaba (SP), the model has unique design for Brazil
Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-hyundai_creta_8.jpg
Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-hyundai_creta_10.jpg
Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-hyundai_creta_13.jpg
Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-hyundai_creta_12.jpg
Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-hyundai_creta_5.jpg

Source

Hyundai's 2017 Creta , prices revealed for Brazil . Price starts at R$ real, 72,990 ( ~INR 14.5 lakhs) with range topping at R$ real 99,490 (~ INR 19.8 lakhs).

Quote:

The model has prices from R$ real, 72,990, 1.6 16V 130 cv with six-speed manual transmission, the R$ real 99,490 on top of range, automatic digital air 2.0 and 6 airbags
Quote:

The Hyundai Creta will be offered with 1.6 and 2.0 engines. The 1.6 16V engine is basically the same as the HB20, but with improvements, leading to power to 130 horsepower when fueled with ethanol. Flex 2.0 engine already offers 166 HP, also with ethanol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttU1xM1Ylrk

Source

Hyundai's Creta arrives at dealerships in Brazil. The 2.0 goes on sale while the 1.6l to be launched in Feb.Link
Quote:

According to the seller, only the Creta 2.0 is available for prompt delivery in limited colors-there were only white, black and green
Quote:

The strategy of starting sales for more expensive versions is common in the automotive industry, because initial demand tends to be more complete models.
Quote:

In the case of Creta, in specific, is in the top Prestige (, R$ 99,490)are the most desirable items such as digital multimedia central air and leather seats, among other equipment.
Quote:

Pulse 2.0 version, the interior is a bit poor for a car that cost 92,490 R$, with the all black panel, tissue banks and air-conditioning
Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-4.jpg
Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-6.jpg
Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-1.jpg

Hyundai's Creta now approved for Brazil as a pick-up also. To launch in 2018.

Creta truck will debut in 2018, since the Sao Paulo auto show isn't until November. Sale is likely in 2019.
Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-abre_1_picape_hyundai.jpg
Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-abre_2_picape_hyundai.jpg

The pickup will be based on the existing platform and built locally in Brazil. No details about the powertrain, but it should be FWD and powered by a four-cylinder ethanol engine.

Link

It appears that the Creta Facelift will not launch before Q4 2017 contrary to previous reports. Interestingly, it will also come with Micro-hybrid start/ stop technology on the diesel.

Can't say I blame Hyundai if the current car is still selling well. That being said, I cancelled my booking with Pramukh Hyundai, Prabhadevi because of the upcoming face lift and the horrible service by the arrogant sales staff.

This is the 2018 Hyundai ix25/Creta facelift, caught undisguised in China.

Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-c1.jpg

Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-c2.jpg

Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-c3.jpg

Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-c4.jpg

Expected to arrive sometime next year, this facelift is only mildly different (notice the different front grille) from the Brazilian facelifted version which was unveiled earlier this year.

Auto Home China

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screwdriva (Post 4171922)
It appears that the Creta Facelift will not launch before Q4 2017 contrary to previous reports. Interestingly, it will also come with Micro-hybrid start/ stop technology on the diesel.

Can't say I blame Hyundai if the current car is still selling well. That being said, I cancelled my booking with Pramukh Hyundai, Prabhadevi because of the upcoming face lift and the horrible service by the arrogant sales staff.

In my opinion, Creta needs more of functionality upgrade than looks
:deadhorse
Look wise it is still the PERFECT shaped car and more so the competition is not upgrading their looks.
Even if the company looks at providing features which are missing but available in Grand i10 and i20 and better seats, many of us might join the boat

Noticeable addition in features (From all the scoops/videos)
1. TPMS
2. New LED headlamps with cornering lamps

Hope it comes in the Indian version as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwj-ikLGx00

Hyundai mulls a sports version of the Creta.

Hyundai Creta facelift revealed at 2016 São Paulo Auto Show-hyundaicreta.jpg

The Hyundai Creta Sport will be equipped with Engine 2.0l(P) with AT. Will get changes to exteriors for differentiation.

Quote:

Hyundai Creta Sport will come equipped with 2.0 16v engine that yields 156 horsepower to 6,200 rpm and torque of 19.1 lbf to 4,700 rpm with gasoline in the tank and 166 CV to 6,200 rpm and torque of 20.5 lbf to 4,700 rpm when fueled with ethanol.
The impeller has a cold start system e-start, block and aluminum head and double command variable valve (D-CVVT) for admission and exhaust, variable intake collector (VIS) and double command on the head (DOHC). Already transmission is the automatic six-speed
Quote:

the brand also tests two new versions of the SUV. One of them is Creta X that will have a more adventurous style footprint. The other option is a version equipped with 1.6 turbo engine
Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4234409)
Hyundai mulls a sports version of the Creta.

Attachment 1656992

The Hyundai Creta Sport will be equipped with Engine 2.0l(P) with AT. Will get changes to exteriors for differentiation.

Link

Is there any reliable timeline for it's launch in India? I'm pretty sure I'd want to buy it but would definitely like to wait for the facelift version and am not in a hurry. Any inputs or information would be very helpful.