Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2016, 21:07   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Oh P L E A S E - Skyline_GT

Kindly do not equate the Ecosport with the KUV100 I do believe them to be as far apart as chalk & cheese.
Your comment on the Spare wheel is alright (matter of personal choice) but comparing it with the...

You could compare the KUV100 with KWID or Datsun Go

Infact I quite like the new avataar of the Ecosport - though I like the present one just as much (except for the overdose of chrome)

Cheers
All I meant to say was the Ecosport in this new avatar looks much smaller when viewed from certain angles. The headlamps and the position of the grills and the absence of the rear spare wheel steals the SUVish looks of the outgoing generation.
While the Ecosport is clearly a segment above that of the KUV100 which is basically a crossover hatchback. But for the untrained eyes some might think of the Ecosport to be in the league of KUV 100.
Cheers

Last edited by Skyline_GT : 16th November 2016 at 21:08.
Skyline_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 21:09   #32
BHPian

[quote=gauravdgr8;4093975]Here in the US, Ford is being criticized as they announced they will get the Ecosport imported from India.

Checkout the Chevy Trax. It is bang similar in footprint to the Ecosport
I believe the Trax is comparable to creta in size being 4248mm long. So that makes the Ecosport a lot smaller. There was rumours of the Trax coming to India a few years back. Would have succeeded here if priced sensibly.
Old 17th November 2016, 13:02   #33
BHPian

Wow, i really like this new refreshed look! A lot less quirky than the current design and looks a lot like her bigger siblings now, especially from the front.

I do hope they do retain the tail mounted spare though, it does look very hatchback"y" without it!

I will be in the market to change my car around Diwali next year, so this does look like mouthwatering option then.
Old 17th November 2016, 13:23   #34

Ford should first look at improving some basic features like Electronically foldable OVRMs rather than the looks as the present design is quite appealing and modern.
Yes the 8 inch colour display is welcome with a GPS hopefully as the current screen is pathetic compared to other cars.
Old 17th November 2016, 15:05   #35
BHPian

I don't think the tail mounted spare will be ditched for India. I'm not a fan of it but the majority will be against ditching it. I also hope it comes with sync 3 although we might not get the 8" touch screen. The alloys look swell and should come with the upgrade.
Old 17th November 2016, 17:57   #36
BHPian

I hope they make a change so that the tail gate opens in the right direction in India.

Right now it opens the right way for countries that drive on the wrong side of the road
Old 17th November 2016, 18:21   #37
BHPian

I really loved the new look both outside and inside. However, I do not think it will come as it is, in such a premium set of features and interior quality, given the price bracket it falls to. Increase the price, and it will be out of reach for middle class citizens like me. However, a 4 wheel drive and spare wheel removal with more low end grunt will make me replace my Ecosport with another Ecosport.
Old 18th November 2016, 12:49   #38
BHPian

I liked the new model except for the front fog lamps, looks more like the Hyundai's front now.
The infotainment console looks classy. I'd like to see improved plastic quality in and around the gear knob.
Old 18th November 2016, 15:17   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

The first-ever EcoSport 4WD variant makes it's debut at the ongoing Los Angeles Motor Show.

Powered exclusively by a 2.0L 4-cylinder engine, the 4x4 variant will be an offering for the US market only, for the moment.

Since the US-specific EcoSport will be built in India as an export unit, there is a slim chance that Ford India might offer the 4WD variant in our market as well.

RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 10:42   #40
VMG
BHPian

Hope Indian version will get foldable side view mirror and cruise control.

Any update on Launching date of Indian version.
VMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 18:22   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Powered exclusively by a 2.0L 4-cylinder engine, the 4x4 variant will be an offering for the US market only, for the moment.
Nice . AWD will be very useful for those on the east coast (lots of snow).

They should call it AWD, not 4x4 / 4WD. Among other things, we can safely assume that the EcoSport won't have a low ratio transfer case. I don't think it can split 50:50 torque between the front & rear either - will be more like a need based AWD that sends torque to the rear only when required, and less than 50% at that.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 17:20   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport doesn't get reviews as expected. Media terms it as plain Ugly!

Quote:
2018 Ford EcoSport Looks Ugly as Sin in Los Angeles.

At the front, the EcoSport gets triangular headlights, and a Ford Escape inspired grille. However, we'd put it at the top of our list of worst facelifts in 2016, right next to the Skoda Octavia. We only need to look at competitors like the cheap Chevrolet Trax or Honda HR-V to see where Ford has gone wrong. And the EcoSport definitely can't be mentioned in the same sentence as the Fiat 500X or Mazda CX-3 - it's that bad.
Source
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 20:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

I really don't think that the Ford EcoSport is too much value for the american buyer. It won't accommodate those large Americans. During my journey this summer, I saw only BIG cars and very few Honda Fits (Jazz), which is comparable to the Ecosport in interior space.

If anything, I think Ford wants to target the Kia Soul, which has risen in popularity among university students and is the second car of some small families.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 20th November 2016 at 20:57.
Old 21st November 2016, 13:42   #44
BHPian

I don't see too many Indian eco-sport buyers paying the extra bucks for a AWD car with a bigger engine. In the US, many buyers in northern states with snowfall look at AWD as a required feature in a car. The same can't be said for most Indian buyers.
Old 21st November 2016, 15:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nice . AWD will be very useful for those on the east coast (lots of snow).
Based on the conditions where I live (we get lot of snow), AWD is not really needed in a vehicle like the Ecosport, which will mostly be used in an urban environment. The authorities keep the roads largely clear of snow, and for whatever is left, a good set of snow tires will be enough 99% of the time. My parking lot is usually not cleared on weekends, but I can still plough through the snow with my winter tires. AWD simply adds to weight and takes the CO2 values up, resulting in larger road tax.
StarrySky is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed