Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2017, 10:56   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America

Here is the 2017 Ford EcoSport facelift, currently unveiled and on display at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-2017fordecosportfaceliftfrontthreequartersleftsidenaias2017.jpg

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-2017fordecosportfaceliftrearthreequartersleftsidenaias2017.jpg

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-2017fordecosportfaceliftinteriornaias2017.jpg

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-2017fordecosportfaceliftdashboardnaias2017.jpg

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-2017fordecosportfaceliftinstrumentpanelnaias2017.jpg

CarPlace Brazil
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 14:14   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

EcoSport launching in Brazil in late Q1 2017.
Confirmed to having the spare wheel on tailgate for emerging markets.

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-fordecosport20171.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-fordecosport20174.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-fordecosport20172.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-fordecosport20173.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 15:57   #63
BHPian

Those alloy wheels are amazing! Better than the current version available in our market. I also liked the redesigned fog lamp set-up. The side profile looks a notch better with the new set up.

So, if Brazil is getting the new one by the end of Q1 2017, can we expect the new model by end of this year? I really hope they launch it by then because this is one of the top contenders on my wish list.
Old 20th February 2017, 17:32   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport facelift has been spotted for the first time on Indian soil by an OnCars India reader.

Quote:
Ahead of its official launch, the same has been spotted exclusively and for the first time in India. The new model of Ford’s compact SUV is to feature multiple design changes, both on the outside, as well as on the inside.
On the exterior front, the Ford EcoSport facelift 2017 is to come with a completely revamped front fascia. There are to be new headlamps along with an extensively modified front bumper that is now to accommodate restyled fog lamps.
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-unnamed3.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 21:21   #65
BHPian

From the photos of the Brazilian spec (which most probably we will get too), I see that they have removed one of the backup lights. The current model has both the backup lights. So I guess like many other brands, they too have started the cost-cutting.

I know that even the single backup light will get the work done, but such imbalanced things become an eye-sore to me. I get the same feeling when I look at the back of i20 Active. An excellent design but for the imbalanced backup lights.
Old 21st February 2017, 23:30   #66
BHPian

Interesting....
Bees inspire lightweight, strong honeycomb cargo shelf!

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-ecosporthoneycomb02699x380.jpg

Honeybees didn’t actually create the four-way cargo shelf for the new Ford EcoSport's cargo area, but they did lend their design to the recycled paper honeycomb material that gives the shelf its unusual strength.

To create the adjustable cargo shelf , a layer of hexagon-shaped cells made of 100 percent recycled paper and water-based glue was sandwiched between two layers of composite material. It’s able to hold more than 100 times its six pound weight in cargo.

Not only is it strong,its super light too!

The cargo shelf can hold any of four positions in the cargo area to best suit a driver’s needs:
- In the lowest position, it serves as a load floor for maximum storage.
- In the middle position, it creates a secure storage area beneath the floorboard.
- In the high position, the area underneath increases to create a cargo floor that lines up with the fold-flat second-row seats.
- Removed and stored vertically against the back of the second-row seats.

Regards,
LoneTraveller

Last edited by LoneTraveller : 21st February 2017 at 23:37.
LoneTraveller is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 08:53   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
From the photos of the Brazilian spec (which most probably we will get too), I see that they have removed one of the backup lights. The current model has both the backup lights. So I guess like many other brands, they too have started the cost-cutting.
This is not cost cutting, its practiced in west; there is a single reverse light and on the other side a fog lamp. The other side will have a fog lamp in EcoSport.

Punto practices this design philosophy right from the very beginning whereas other companies with products designed in EU have started adopting it in several countries.

The rear fog lamp is not practiced in India barring premium segment players, its a good idea to have useful fog lamp on one side. In India its on the right hand side whereas in EU it is on left.

Last edited by i74js : 22nd February 2017 at 08:56.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 22:20   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

The EcoSport facelift on display at the 2017 New York International Auto Show.

RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 22:40   #69
Senior - BHPian

I like the new face, but the Hexa like wipers look so odd. Doesn't suit the EcoSport at all.

Should retain the current setup or go single arm.
Old 20th April 2017, 11:25   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The EcoSport facelift on display at the 2017 New York International Auto Show.

Sirish Chandran's Twitter
[/left]
[/center]
Be great if they brought the 4WD shown in the pic. It would be a first in segment and advertised well, would surely be a good selling point which they certainly would need with all the new launches slated for the festive season this year.
Old 12th June 2017, 16:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

Saw this being tested on Coimbatore - Salem highway, on 10th early morning. Sadly, could not click any pictures since my co passengers were deep asleep.

The face looks aggressive and I like the new grill with fewer slats better than the current grill.

--Anoop
Old 26th December 2017, 08:15   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport with 4 × 4 drive will arrive in Q1 2018 - Brazil. Prototypes on test.

Quote:
The Ford EcoSport 4 × 4 will be sold in the Freestyle version equipped with a 2.0-liter engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. The 2.0 Duratec Direct Flex engine has direct fuel injection and dual variable valve timing. The power unit delivers 170 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 20.5 kgfm of touch at 4,500 rpm with gasoline.
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-flagrafordecosportfreestyle4x4.jpg

Link
Old 12th January 2018, 08:08   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport STORM edition appears in Brazil, will have unique look and 4 × 4 traction.

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-fordecosportstorm.jpg

The new version will arrive in the first half of 2018 and will be equipped with 2.0 engine and 4 × 4 traction, in addition to exclusive visual changes!

Quote:
In the exterior look, the Ford EcoSport Strom will feature a new front grille with Storm inscription, fender frames, black-trimmed headlamps, auxiliary headlights painted black. They complete the look, the exclusive wheels, roof rack and side strips with the name of the version. At the launch, the Ford EcoSport Storm will feature an unprecedented orange color
Quote:
Inside, the seats will have the name Storm embroidered on the back of the front seats. The body color will be replicated in detail on the door linings and center console.
Quote:
The Ford EcoSport Storm 4 × 4 will be equipped with a 2.0-liter engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. The 2.0 Duratec Direct Flex engine has direct fuel injection and dual variable valve timing. The power unit delivers 170 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 20.5 kgfm of touch at 4,500 rpm with gasoline
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-fordecosportstorm1.jpg

Quote:
The main features of the Ford EcoSport Storm are the eight-inch SYNC system with integrated GPS, rear-facing camera, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, seven airbags, traction and stability controls, ramp, parking sensor, automatic and digital air conditioning and power windows on the four doors.
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-fordecosportstorm2.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-fordecosportstorm4.jpg

Link
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks