Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2017, 09:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast

I think the comparison to the 911 is just not fair. I feel the 911 has gone through far bigger changed over Its life. Air cooled to water cooled, placement of engine has kept moving more towards the middle generation to generation correcting their original mistake, the now gearbox barometer 7-speed PDK, rear-wheel steering, this Carerra S turbo non-sense and the incredible amount of engineering gone into making it a daily liveable supercar which very few can match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
If you look at the 599 GTB, the F12 and now the Superfast, all of them span over a period of 15 years. The design though, hasn't changed. The silhouette remains the same, i.e. long bonnet, swoopy roof and short tail. The design language is clearly evolutionary.

Therefore, it would be extremely unfair to write off the Superfast as "nothing but a facelift with a tune on the engine".

By that logic, every generation of the Porsche 911 since the 1970 has only been a facelift.

The changes to the Superfast are more than skin-deep. The advances Ferrari has made in aerodynamics are phenomenal. The basic V12 construction may be the same, but the components have received major overhauls without a doubt. The gearbox too has been constantly improved over the years. Every single detail of the car will be agonized over, it's just that the styling (especially in pictures) won't convey the full story.
Absolutely and no doubt the jump from the 599 to the F12 was huge!. I just don't think this is .
However, I should not have passed judgement till I see the actual reviews. I shall wait....when is T-BHP getting one : ()?
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I think the comparison to the 911 is just not fair. I feel the 911 has gone through far bigger changed over Its life. Air cooled to water cooled, placement of engine has kept moving more towards the middle generation to generation correcting their original mistake, the now gearbox barometer 7-speed PDK, rear-wheel steering, this Carerra S turbo non-sense and the incredible amount of engineering gone into making it a daily liveable supercar which very few can match.

Absolutely and no doubt the jump from the 599 to the F12 was huge!. I just don't think this is .
However, I should not have passed judgement till I see the actual reviews. I shall wait....when is T-BHP getting one : ()?
Fair point.

In fact, many people echo your sentiment.

I for one still love the F12 and those lovely aero-bridges. The TDF specifically is magnificent. But the new 812 is tasty! It's may not a quantum leap over the F12, at least in terms of design, but it's got just enough to keep it going. The advancements in aerodynamics as illustrated in some of the videos on YouTube will leave you speechless. And that interior is absolutely gorgeous!

Perhaps a hybrid drive train would have set it apart from the rest?

Also, I'm not sure about that name. Does not seem like Ferrari agonized over that at all.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 23:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Here are some comparison shots between the F12 Berlinetta and the new 812 Superfast :

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-front.jpg

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-side.jpg

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-rear.jpg

Judge for yourselves : )
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 13:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari reveals Bespoke 812 Superfast by Tailor Made Division

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-fb_img_16099205155972888.jpg

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-fb_img_16099205199958853.jpg

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-fb_img_16099205234899560.jpg

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-fb_img_16099205269465427.jpg

Quote:
Maranello’s Tailor Made arm had the pleasure of working on the naturally aspirated V12 supercar and gave it a “Verde Pino” body color.

Stepping inside the cabin, the seats come wrapped in a type of leather called “Heritage Ghianda,” with “ghianda” being the Italian word for “acorn.” Ferrari spruced things up a bit by using fabric inserts known as “Kvadrat Umami” for the central section of the backrest and seat bottom. Opaque black accents were used for the dashboard, steering wheel, and central tunnel, while the Heritage Ghianda leather surfaces and Oro Lucido (shiny gold) areas mirror the car’s exterior spec
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 19:22   #20
SSO
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Fair point.

In fact, many people echo your sentiment.

I for one still love the F12 and those lovely aero-bridges. The TDF specifically is magnificent. But the new 812 is tasty! It's may not a quantum leap over the F12, at least in terms of design, but it's got just enough to keep it going. The advancements in aerodynamics as illustrated in some of the videos on YouTube will leave you speechless. And that interior is absolutely gorgeous!
My experience with the three is slightly different (I owned a 599 GTB HGTE and have spent time driving the other two). The 599 GTB was simply too large a car to comfortable throw down most country roads in Europe. With the F12 they reacted to this with a car that felt smaller and more nimble. However the F12 felt a lot more twitchy near the limit than the 599. With the 812, they have split the difference between the two.
SSO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 23:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari has unveiled 812 Superfast limited edition and it's rumored to be called the Versione Speciale.

Official name and further details of the 812 Superfast’s new version will be revealed on May 5, during a special live event.

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-ferrari_limited_series_v12_special_3.jpg

Its V-12 engine produces 819 hp, 30 more than the standard 812 (789 hp), and it revs to 9500 rpm. The 0-62mph time reduced from 2.9sec to 2.5sec and push top speed above the standard car's 211mph.

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-ferrari_limited_series_v12_special_5.jpg

The limited-edition cars will introduce the seventh iteration of Ferrari's Side Slip Control (SSC) traction and stability control system, and like the standard 812 Superfast, they integrate rear-axle steering.

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-ferrari_limited_series_v12_special_4.jpg

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-ferrari_limited_series_v12_special_2.jpg

Extensive use of carbonfibre has reduced the 812 Superfast's 1630kg kerb weight, although by how much it hasn't yet been confirmed. In addition, the rear spoiler has been raised and the distinctive bonnet strip is now made of carbonfibre.

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-ferrari_limited_series_v12_special_1.jpg

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-ferrari_limited_series_v12_special_6.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st April 2021 at 23:12.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 09:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ferrari has unveiled 812 Superfast limited edition and it's rumored to be called the Versione Speciale.
"Versione Speciale" isn't even a rumored name. It's just a working title. It literally means "Special Version". Every "special version" Ferrari car is informally referred to as such (Blah Blah Versione Speciale, or "VS") both by Ferrari and its clients before the actual name is announced.

Quote:
The 0-62mph time reduced from 2.9sec to 2.5sec and push top speed above the standard car's 211mph.
Ferrari hasn't shared any performance (acceleration) figures yet, or has it? Did you see it somewhere on Ferrari's web site?

Quote:
..., and like the standard 812 Superfast, they integrate rear-axle steering.
The 812 Superfast's "Virtual Short Wheelbase 2.0" incorporates rear-wheel steering, which means there are 2 steering angles possible (one for both the front wheels and one for both the rear wheels). The new car has 4-wheel independent steering, which means there are up to 4 steering angles possible. If implemented well, that could mean some incredible handling capabilities.

Quote:
...and the distinctive bonnet strip is now made of carbonfibre.
The thing on the bonnet is an entirely new element for this car.

Quote:
That article is incorrect on so many things.

The "VS" will exist in more than one form, only one of which Ferrari shared today. There's more to come.
meta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 14:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meta View Post
"Versione Speciale" isn't even a rumored name. It's just a working title. It literally means "Special Version". Every "special version" Ferrari car is informally referred to as such (Blah Blah Versione Speciale, or "VS") both by Ferrari and its clients before the actual name is announced.
Could it be called the '812 Competizione'? At least that is what I could make out from the faint trace on the dashboard.

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-20210422_140057.jpg

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-20210422_135909.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta View Post
The "VS" will exist in more than one form, only one of which Ferrari shared today. There's more to come.
True, I stumbled upon this leaked rendering of a roadster version on Instagram today. Quite the swansong for their pure N/A V12 before electrification takes over.

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-20210422_140806.jpg
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CN7KhZbJayR/
Turbojc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 15:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari 812 Superfast special edition redlines at 9,500 rpm

Ferrari has unveiled the first official images of a special-edition version of its 812 Superfast. The new Ferrari 812 Superfast special edition model will have its world premiere on May 5, 2021.

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-ferrari812superfastspecialedition.jpg

The upcoming special edition model will have a limited production run and is said to be the ultimate expression of the brand's popular V12 supercar, the 812 Superfast. The limited-edition model will get several cosmetic and mechanical updates over the standard 812 Superfast it is based on.

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-ferrari812superfastspecialedition2.jpg

Cosmetic updates on the new model include a carbon blade running across the width of the bonnet, a more aggressively designed front bumper and splitter, a lightweight aluminium panel replacing the glass at the back, a larger integrated spoiler, repositioned exhaust tips and a massive new diffuser. The interiors remain mostly unchanged, apart from the redesigned door panels which help reduce the overall weight.

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-ferrari812superfastspecialedition4.jpg

The main update, however, is to the engine. The car features an updated version of the same 65-degree V12 engine, which now produces 818 BHP (a 30 BHP increase over the standard model). This makes its engine the most powerful naturally-aspirated unit on a road-going Ferrari supercar.

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-ferrari812superfastspecialedition3.jpg

Ferrari is also said to have updated the valve timing mechanism, allowing the engine to now redline at 9,500 rpm. The Italian supercar brand has also offered the special edition 812 Superfast with a new performance exhaust system and updated side-slip control and rear-wheel steering.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd May 2021 at 17:52.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 15:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Ferrari 812 Superfast special edition coming soon

Ferrari has unveiled the first official images of a special-edition version of its 812 Superfast. The new Ferrari 812 Superfast special edition model will have its world premiere on May 5, 2021.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Could it be called the '812 Competizione'? At least that is what I could make out from the faint trace on the dashboard.[/i]
The name's almost confirmed - the coupe will be called the '812 Competizione', while the roadster will be called the '812 Competizione A'.

Image source: @torquespeak via The Supercar Blog
Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-20210425_154650.jpg
Turbojc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 18:09   #26
BHPian

Ferrari's officially unveiled the 812 Competizione and the 812 Competizione A.

Ferrari unveils the 812 Superfast-812-comp-.jpg

Check out the live webcast of the launch from Fiorano here:

Last edited by Turbojc : 5th May 2021 at 18:12.
Turbojc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks