This car *needs* to come to India!

Old 29th October 2006, 22:39   #17
BHPian

Beautiful
That's all I can say about it
Just B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!
Old 30th October 2006, 09:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Fiat is really coming back for good....why hadnt they done this earlier ?
Old 30th October 2006, 11:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Man! now thats what I call a car. Fiat, please launch this in India with the 1.9 JTD and I assure you that I will be in the first lot of customers for this beauty.
Old 30th October 2006, 13:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

My next car will be a Fiat.. thats for sure
Old 30th October 2006, 16:43   #21
BHPian

3 generations of the Bravo!

Introduced in 1995, the Bravo/Brava hatchbacks were awarded Car of the Year in 1996.There were 2 bodystyles-3 door and 5 door.These were gorgeous looking cars that were loved by Italian car fans.They still are considered beautiful amongst Fiat fans.

The Bravo was replaced by the Stilo range of cars in 2001.
The three door-

The 5 door -

The Stilo,thought striking,was'nt liked as much as the Bravo/Brava range of cars.People thought these cars lacked Italian flair,infact they looked more Audi-ish or VW-ish.And they really did,especially the 5 door.It had really bland styling,something that you could expect from VW,but not Fiat for sure.The 3 door was striking though and I still love this one.Both,the 3 and 5 door were built on two separate platforms.
But you can really understand the design philosophy.These cars were made at the time Fiat really was in doldrums.The idea I guess was to make a safe design,something that looked more german than Italian,something that could convince people that Fiats were really getting up to german quality levels.Though the quality of the cars were somewhat upto german levels,the cars never took off the showrooms.

And the third generation,as you can see in this thread gives us a sign of things to come from the Italian major.The Stilo name has been thrown out of the window,the car looks very Italian in every which way,and they have even changed their badge so as to show that they are making cars the way they used to in the 60's-with a lot of passion and Italian flair.
This company is hell bent on coming back in a big way.Case in point-the Grande Punto- Italian car with German quality levels.And it is the fastest selling Fiat of recent times.And now the Fiat Bravo.
Sadly,the situation in India is still hopeless and that is what we should be worried about.It would take a lot of hard work,if not a mracle on the part of the company to get any of these here.
Old 31st December 2006, 15:02   #22
BHPian

Beautiful Bravo

The New Bravo is all set for a grand launch in january '07.It will initially be launched in Italy itself.Here are a few pictures of the final product along with the new Fiat logo that we might see in future Indian launches.I think Fiat is trying to give their cars a family face.The Bravo looks like the Grande Punto's big brother from the front.The rear is awesome and I found it better than the GP.The interiors resemble that of the Alfa Romeo 147.Apart from the Multijets,the Bravo will also sport the new line up of JTS petrol engines,the 150 bhp 1.4 L JTS engine being one of them.The engines will be mated to 5 and 6 speed gear boxes as well.

So a nice,spacious and stylish replacement for the Stilo then? I believe so.Lets see if Fiat can write another success story after the Grande Punto.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO FELLOW BHPians AND THEIR LOVED ONES (INCLUDING THE BELOVED CARS!)

Last edited by roms : 31st December 2006 at 15:05.
Old 1st January 2007, 15:46   #23
Team-BHP Support

How have Fiat pulled a spectacular turnaround unlike GM / Ford ?

Simple - it makes cars which stir passion and make people want to buy. Also clever licencing of the JTD engine
Old 1st January 2007, 16:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
How have Fiat pulled a spectacular turnaround unlike GM / Ford ?

Simple - it makes cars which stir passion and make people want to buy. Also clever licencing of the JTD engine

This is what I read from a Mag according , their new policy is to make the designer actively invlove in the whole making of the car so that the car is much more likeable to general public . Unlike earlier times where designer is given the end job.
Old 1st January 2007, 20:29   #25
elf
BANNED

Passion & soul in bucketloads! Man! Look at those lines!

Fiat could half build this car, sell me the wheels & rear seats separately & I'd still buy it!
Old 1st January 2007, 20:40   #26
Suryam

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
The New Bravo is all set for a grand launch in january '07.It will initially be launched in Italy itself.Here are a few pictures of the final product along with the new Fiat logo that we might see in future Indian launches...
Wish its release in Indian market will come in 2007-8.

But how come they are having 140 bhp for 1.4 L engine -- any special tech. used

Old 1st January 2007, 22:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely Stunning!

Hope Fiat India can launch the same in India in the coming years!
Old 1st January 2007, 23:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryam View Post
But how come they are having 140 bhp for 1.4 L engine -- any special tech. used
The JTS engine was first introduced in 2002 in the Alfa Romeo 156,replacing the 2.0L twin spark engine.There is a fancy name for JTS - Jet Thrust Stoichometric.Wonder what it means.Anyways,the JTS is a direct injection gasoline engine.The new series of these JTS engines will power both the Grande Punto and the Bravo.The 1.4 JTS will have two avatars-the 120 bhp and 150bhp.

Read more here-
JTS engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alfa Romeo / Tech

Also,the Bravo is built on the Lancia Delta platform and will only be produced as a 5 door.
Fiat India Ltd,can we please have this beauty here?Yeah right!
The least you can do is launch the JTS engines in our Palios instead of giving us the 1.1 L engine.Dream on.....

Last edited by roms : 2nd January 2007 at 00:16.
Old 2nd January 2007, 00:24   #29
BHPian

Roms your admiration for Italian cars is nice.
Is it possible to import Fiat from Italy with rhd via grey market?
So you could get the Italian cars you want.
Hope the next Fiat will be more reliable
Old 2nd January 2007, 23:18   #30
BHPian

the fiat bravo is simply amazing
cant wait to see it enlighten indian roads
good job fiat bravo...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks